Rumor: Bobby Ryan not exempt from expansion draft | Ryan talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Six Assets

Tim Stützle
Jun 29, 2013
Ottawa
http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/official-nhl-expansion-draft-exempt-list-contains-surprises/
There is a scenario where Ottawa Senators winger Bobby Ryan can also be exposed to Vegas. When he signed a $50.75-million, seven-year extension in October 2014, it was widely reported that his contract included a no-move clause, but the language in that deal actually stipulates no movement to the minors and gives him a modified no-trade list, according to a source.

Sens

Jan 7, 2016
I said try to expose him yesterday and the backlash I received was nuts... now look at this :)

Sens

Jan 7, 2016
This news is like an early Christmas present... woohoo
Now LV would just need to take him

Wallet Inspector

Jan 19, 2013
Scenario: We expose Ryan but Vegas doesn't choose him anyways.

Would Bobby resent the management of this team for not protecting him?

Sun God Nika

Palestine <3.
Apr 22, 2013
HHAHAHHAHAA **** yes.

Now its on Dorrion to not let me turn the hate up on him anymore and actually get out of Ryans contract. Worst case scenario we keep ryan and protect another valuable forward, or we lose phaneuf and protect all three of methot, ceci, and maybe karlsson.

edguy

Feb 5, 2014
Charlottetown, PEI
My question is whose the guy who gets pissed when anyone suggested this. He's gotta be eating a whole lot of crow right now. Put it as his signature and everything

Tragedy

Jan 10, 2013
Regina, SK
My question is whose the guy who gets pissed when anyone suggested this. He's gotta be eating a whole lot of crow right now. Put it as his signature and everything

it was widely reported that his contract included a no-move clause

I mean why would he be eating crow? The information available at the time showed every indication that Ryan would be required to be protected

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
Don't get your hopes up just yet.

Want to wait until a more legitimate media outlet confirms this.

Honestly though, i would rather get assets back for him then just losing him for nothing.

Sun God Nika

Palestine <3.
Apr 22, 2013

I thought from everything we heard he is not eligible to be left unprotected.

Benjamin

Differently Financed
Jun 14, 2010
yes

But he's correct based on all known facts.

This is just rumours and unconfirmed.

Caeldan

Whippet Whisperer
Jun 21, 2008
Ummm... Generally speaking, a no movement clause is a no sending to the minors clause.
Where else would you move him to?

Think this may be much ado about nothing. Because otherwise, likely every player with an nmc would be in the same situation across the league.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad