Blues Trade Proposals Part XXXIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spektre

Apr 10, 2010
Krynn
Schmaltz still has value imo. He's still young and RHS puck mover.

I dont move either of our LHS darlings for anything short of a desired target..not a middling winger

To me Schmaltz has next to zero value. He’ll be 24 on October 8th. He didn’t get a sniff at making the roster. I highly doubt he’s the 1st choice for an injury call up. This time next year he’ll be 25. Anything is possible but do you foresee him on the roster next year? I don’t see it happening.

If you’re Detroit why settle for Schmaltz? I realize they’re in cap hell but they can do better than Schmaltz.

The Blues probably aren’t keen on moving any more picks. If AA is moved Detroit is probably wanting as much talent on the cheap they can get. Jaskin is an unknown value but at least he’s cracked the NHL. He’s playing in the top 6. Obviously that’s due to injury but he has the trust of the coaching staff to fill in. If Detroit is wanting a prospect to save spending anything against the cap I think Walman fits the bill.

Walman may eventually be a top 4 D and then again he may not be. What he’s not is some phenomenal prospect that is off limits to making the team better via a trade.

PiggySmalls

Oink Oink MF
Mar 7, 2015
If Ken Holland accepts AA doesn’t want to play in Detroit for that money he will move him. Blues can pull a Columbus/Calgary and call and tell them they can get some nhl players for him or only get a 2nd rounder. Red Wings won’t be able to match anything much higher then 2.1 mil (hypothetical offer sheet threat).

Linkens Mastery

Conductor of the TankTown Express
Jan 15, 2014
Hyrule
What pieces would everyone be OK with moving for Turris?
Depends on if he'll resign with us or not. Turris could be a good fit between Sobotka/Steen-Tarasenko or Schwartz-Schenn. If he's just a rental, I don't want anything to do with him, If he's willing to extend, 1st+prospect maybe a bit more.

Stealth JD

Don't condescend me, man.
Sponsor
Jan 16, 2006
Bonita Springs, FL
55-65 point center...who will probably be looking for one final big payday: ~$6.5M-$7.5M.
don't know that he puts us over the top...would be more like a status-quo move if Stastny leaves.
Blues could do worse...but I certainly wouldn't be interested in winning any bidding war for him at the deadline.

izzy

go
Apr 29, 2012
Nova Scotia
yeah schmaltz is basically nothing in terms of trade value at this point

could be a throw in for a team who wants him as a #7

we got the wrong brother

Spektre

Apr 10, 2010
Krynn
Turris will probably be getting Tarasenko type money on his next deal. The Blues’ organization would have to view him as the #1 center for the foreseeable future. Turris is a fine C but he’s not the #1 C in Ottawa. Do the Blues need to force another #2 C into the #1 C role?

I’d rather go after Galchenyuk then Turris. Work a deal around Bouwmeester for Galchenyuk.

Sobotka Stastny Tarasenko
Schwartz Schenn Galchenyuk
Steen Barbashev Thompson

Or flip Galchenyuk & Thompson for more balance.

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
And why exactly would Montreal be interested in dealing Galchenyuk for Bouwmeester?
Not that i have the 1 for 1 mentality...but they are relying on a late round rookie to hold down the top pairing spot. Their time is now, and GMMB is a f***ing idiot when it comes to trades....he'll absolutely ship out a marquee player for an older stabilizing Vet.

Its not the craziest trade he's proposed...

Spektre

Apr 10, 2010
Krynn
Galchenyuk is somewhat buried in Montreal playing with Shaw & Danault on the 3rd line. He gets PP time but it doesn’t bode well if you see who’s beating him out for the 2nd line.

Like already stated the rookie Mete is playing along side Weber.

Galchenyuk makes 4.9 million for 3 more years.

Bouwmeester makes 5.4 million for 2 more years.

I think a deal around the two could make sense for both teams. I doubt it would be a 1 for 1 deal. I could see Montreal wanting a forward coming in the deal. Blais; Megan, Sundqvist; Jaskin, or even Thompson could be added depending on what kind of picks Montreal is willing to part with.

Bouwmeester + Thompson for Galchenyuk + 2018 1st. ????

Steen Barbashev Blais

I could live with that as it also gets the Blues a 1st back in 2018.

CaliforniaBlues310

Apr 9, 2013
San Pedro, CA.
Galchenyuk is somewhat buried in Montreal playing with Shaw & Danault on the 3rd line. He gets PP time but it doesn’t bode well if you see who’s beating him out for the 2nd line.

Like already stated the rookie Mete is playing along side Weber.

Galchenyuk makes 4.9 million for 3 more years.

Bouwmeester makes 5.4 million for 2 more years.

I think a deal around the two could make sense for both teams. I doubt it would be a 1 for 1 deal. I could see Montreal wanting a forward coming in the deal. Blais; Megan, Sundqvist; Jaskin, or even Thompson could be added depending on what kind of picks Montreal is willing to part with.

Bouwmeester + Thompson for Galchenyuk + 2018 1st. ????

Steen Barbashev Blais

I could live with that as it also gets the Blues a 1st back in 2018.

I’d trade Kyrou before Thompson honestly.

When healthy

Schwartz-Schenn-Tarasenko
Sobotka/Steen-Stastny-Galchenyuk
Steen/Sobotka-Barbashev-Berglund
Upshall-Brodziak-Jaskin
Paajarvi, Sundqvist

simon IC

Sponsor
Sep 8, 2007
Canada
I've never really understood the Galchenyuk love. I'm not even convinced he's a C at all, never mind a #1. I wouldn't call him "marquee" either. I would rather have Turris. The latter is without question a C, admittedly not necessarily a #1, but neither is Galchenyuk. Turris also has a more well rounded, two way game that would be a better fit with the Blues system.

Reactions: rumrokh

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
I've never really understood the Galchenyuk love. I'm not even convinced he's a C at all, never mind a #1. I wouldn't call him "marquee" either. I would rather have Turris. The latter is without question a C, admittedly not necessarily a #1, but neither is Galchenyuk. Turris also has a more well rounded, two way game that would be a better fit with the Blues system.
Who's put him in a center position in this particular trade? Blues could use a winger....and he can score.

simon IC

Sponsor
Sep 8, 2007
Canada
Who's put him in a center position in this particular trade? Blues could use a winger....and he can score.
Fair enough. This is a perfect example of what happens when you skim a thread. :) The conversation went from someone asking for opinions on Turris as a possible solution to our centre situation, and somebody else offered Galchenyuk as an alternative and I assumed it was premised on Galchenyuk playing centre. My bad.

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
Fair enough. This is a perfect example of what happens when you skim a thread. :) The conversation went from someone asking for opinions on Turris as a possible solution to our centre situation, and somebody else offered Galchenyuk as an alternative and I assumed it was premised on Galchenyuk playing centre. My bad.
Eh, Galy at center was disgussed ad naseum...so I was surprised to see him pencilled in at wing. Imo...if Boumeester has top 4 value, then both Turris and Galchenyuk could be potential grabs. Both teams are looking to fill that top pairing slot. Karlsson made Methot look good, he'd make Boumeester look like a god.

CaliforniaBlues310

Apr 9, 2013
San Pedro, CA.
Eh, Galy at center was disgussed ad naseum...so I was surprised to see him pencilled in at wing. Imo...if Boumeester has top 4 value, then both Turris and Galchenyuk could be potential grabs. Both teams are looking to fill that top pairing slot. Karlsson made Methot look good, he'd make Boumeester look like a god.

I’d try him at C if the Schenn experiment ends up going wrong.

Schwartz-Stastny-Schenn
Sobotka-Galchenyuk-Tarasenko
Steen-Barbashev-Berglund

You’d run that second line like CHI did with Panarin-Anisimov-Kane. Plus you could have Sobi take some draws.

wannabebluesplayer

Apr 16, 2012
Correct me if I'm wrong, but in this Bouwmeester for Galchenyuk idea, wouldn't Bouw have to waive a NTC? Cap Friendly shows him as having one. Why would he agree to go to Montreal? He hated Calgary because of all the attention. Plus, DA loves him some Bouwmeester. Unless Dunn absolutely blows the pants off of them until Bouw comes back, I don't see this as a possibility. Don't get me wrong, it'd be interesting to try as I think Edmundson has done fine next to Pietrangelo, and Dunn looks to be holding his own, probably moving up with Parayko at some point, but again, I don't see DA pulling that trigger. Plus, I wouldn't add Thompson to that at all. Kyrou or maybe even Sammy Blais before Thompson. He looks like a top 6 winger, if not future center for sure.

Last edited:

Majorityof1

Mar 6, 2014
Central Florida
So far this season, all 3 of our other LHD are playing at a level that we could potentially trade Bouwmeester. We need Eddie to play like a top pairing, gunnarsson to play like a low-end top 4 and Dunn to play like an NHLer. I think all have done so so far. Eddie with flying colors, Dunn fairly solidly, and Gunnarsson by the skin of his teeth. But there is no guarantee they are going to continue to play that way. Dunn will have rookie hiccups, and I am fine with that. But I don't want to plan on Gunnarsson playing Top 4 all year. He had a nice goal, but he also had a big defensive gaffe last game. To me, he shouldn't even be on the team, much less top 4. If Dunn steps up, maybe we can move Bouwmeester at the deadline, but give Dunn a chance to grow first.

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
Correct me if I'm wrong, but in this Bouwmeester for Galchenyuk idea, wouldn't Bouw have to wave a NTC? Cap Friendly shows him as having one. Why would he agree to go to Montreal? He hated Calgary because of all the attention. Plus, DA loves him some Bouwmeester. Unless Dunn absolutely blows the pants off of them until Bouw comes back, I don't see this as a possibility. Don't get me wrong, it'd be interesting to try as I think Edmundson has done fine next to Pietrangelo, and Dunn looks to be holding his own, probably moving up with Parayko at some point, but again, I don't see DA pulling that trigger. Plus, I wouldn't add Thompson to that at all. Kyrou or maybe even Sammy Blais before Thompson. He looks like a top 6 winger, if not future center for sure.
That's something I didnt even address. I would agree that the odds of Boumeester waiving for Montreal of all cities is next to 0.

Apr 30, 2012
St. Louis, MO
Frankly, I'm not interested in moving Bouwmeester. Rather just let him play out his contract. Sure the offense has fallen off a cliff, but he's still our best defensive LHD in my opinion. I'll admit that Edmundson has closed the gap significantly, but I want to see him play at that level for the entire season. Regardless, we still need Bouwmeester. I'm not ready to turn a top four spot over to Dunn and/or Gunnarson.

Alklha

Sep 7, 2011
Bouwmeester isn't waiving for a Canadian team.

Beyond that, if we trade him and Edmundson gets injured then what do we do? If Dunn can really step up his game over the course of this season and finish as a top-4 defenseman, then trading Bouwmeester next summer becomes a realistic option.

Reactions: simon in canada
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad