Blues Trade Proposals Part XXXIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stealth JD

Don't condescend me, man.
Sponsor
Jan 16, 2006
Bonita Springs, FL
Exactly. I was the one who said don't mention Matthews. You are throwing fuel on the fire to encite the slightly more rational Leafs fans. The thread is dying and its always someone who bumps it from the 2nd page to say "Matthews" and then the thread goes for 4 more pages before its shut down.

"Eventually they'll get the point"? Do you know the definition of insanity? Repeating the same behavior and expecting a different result. They post a bad Parayko offer. One of us says Matthews hoping to kill the thread and stop future Parayko asks. Neither happens. Rinse and repeat ad nauseum. Either you all are crazy for expecting it to stop, or you all secretly like antagonizing each other.

It's not...but for some reason this is fun to trumpet repeatedly on the internet.
(not just you M1, people use this ridiculous saying ad nauseam)

Majorityof1

Mar 6, 2014
Central Florida
It's not...but for some reason this is fun to trumpet repeatedly on the internet.
(not just you M1, people use this ridiculous saying ad nauseam)

I know its not the legal definition of insanity. Its a frickin aphorism and not meant to be taken literally. I can't believe I am arguing this, but I do like to argue so....as for the article, its wrong. If you repeatedly do the same behavior, and expect different results, you are an idiot, or you are delusional. Maybe its not the legal or clinical definition of insanity, but it works in practice. As an aphorism is only meant to outline a general truth, not a legal definition. The saying doesn't tell you to stop trying to achieve a goal, but to vary the method. Using his examples, if you ask the same girl out, with the same pick-up line in the same place time-after-time, the result is very unlikely to change. Try a different tactic to ask her out, or a different girl. You'll have better results. Rudy did not do the same thing every time. He went to ND's sister campus and improved himself to have a better application. If Mother Teresea truly expects to cure world hunger and poverty by feeding a couple people every day, she is delusional. Most likely she knows its a drop in the bucket and doesn't expect different results, but the results she gets are worth the effort to her.

In the case at hand, people already admitted they like throwing fuel on the fire. So they aren't really expecting things to change.

Thallis

No half measures
Jan 23, 2010
Behind Blue Eyes
I know its not the legal definition of insanity. Its a frickin aphorism and not meant to be taken literally. I can't believe I am arguing this, but I do like to argue so....as for the article, its wrong. If you repeatedly do the same behavior, and expect different results, you are an idiot, or you are delusional. Maybe its not the legal or clinical definition of insanity, but it works in practice. As an aphorism is only meant to outline a general truth, not a legal definition. The saying doesn't tell you to stop trying to achieve a goal, but to vary the method. Using his examples, if you ask the same girl out, with the same pick-up line in the same place time-after-time, the result is very unlikely to change. Try a different tactic to ask her out, or a different girl. You'll have better results. Rudy did not do the same thing every time. He went to ND's sister campus and improved himself to have a better application. If Mother Teresea truly expects to cure world hunger and poverty by feeding a couple people every day, she is delusional. Most likely she knows its a drop in the bucket and doesn't expect different results, but the results she gets are worth the effort to her.

In the case at hand, people already admitted they like throwing fuel on the fire. So they aren't really expecting things to change.

The society we live in was literally founded on and improved by doing this.

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
We fall in mediocre level team in central div. with Fabbri out. This also means we're not gonna trade Berglund. FFS.

David Dennison

I'm a tariff, man.
Jul 5, 2007
Grenyarnia
Anderson from CBJ requested a trade. Should the Blues kick the tires, or are we too much against the cap? Or would he be another overpaid 3rd liner for us?

Alklha

Sep 7, 2011
Anderson from CBJ requested a trade. Should the Blues kick the tires, or are we too much against the cap? Or would he be another overpaid 3rd liner for us?
He would be an overpaid third liner. He has requested a trade because he is drinking his agents Kool-Aid; Ferris obviously has him convinced he is worth more than he actually is. I'm pinning it on Ferris because he has a lot of previous for this.

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
CURRENT CAP SPACE
q.svg
$2,205,833
PROJECTED CAP SPACE
q.svg
$2,205,833

Is Berglund LTIR or IR?

https://www.capfriendly.com/teams/blues

So can we even afford to give Jagr contract and what happends when Berglund comes back end of 2017 or Jan. 2017?

Evocable Manager

Apr 20, 2016
St. Louis
The Leafs currently are loaded with wingers and could probably use getting rid of one.

Leivo would be a decent target. Good offensive instincts and a decent middle six winger, who, if given power play time, could probably post over 15 goals and 30 points. Can play either wing as well. He's waiver eligible but at 24 isn't too old and won't cost too much.

With all the injuries, might be an option.

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
I think any significant salary will be a no go. Gunnarson is the only one thats "expendable" at this point...and thats not something I would say with a shred certainty anymore.

The Note in MI

Bow to the pyramid
Aug 21, 2013
Muskegon, MI
What are the odds blues make a move for duchene?

Fixes our top 6 center depth. We would have to move salary, but I'm sure we could manage. Something like gunarsson, Thompson/Kyrou + pick seems like a reasonable offer, though we lack leverage with our injury situation

tfriede2

Aug 8, 2010

Fixes our top 6 center depth. We would have to move salary, but I'm sure we could manage. Something like gunarsson, Thompson/Kyrou + pick seems like a reasonable offer, though we lack leverage with our injury situation

It's been reported that Sakic turned down Hamonic, top prospect, and 1st (if that's true, then wow)...this offer isn't close to that. I think if we could get Duchene for this package, it would have been done already.

PiggySmalls

Oink Oink MF
Mar 7, 2015
Only way I see the Blues having the space to even target Duchene is to include Stastny in the trade. He is in his final year and would no doubt be a top target come the trade deadline, Paul's wife and daughter still live in Denver so I doubt he would nix the trade. So Avs can see him as veteran leadership for the kids up until TDL and then should bring them a decent return at deadline. So that is one way Army can try to sell Sakic on it. Outside of Parayko I can only see Dunn/Walman as acceptable D prospects to include in a package but not main pieces.

Apr 30, 2012
St. Louis, MO

I don't think that's near enough given what Sakic's demands have reportedly been. And I think someone else would pretty handily beat that offer anyway. If we could get him super cheap then I'd be all for it. But I just don't see that happening.

Reactions: Blueston

TheBluePenguin

Apr 15, 2015
St Louis
Only way I see the Blues having the space to even target Duchene is to include Stastny in the trade. He is in his final year and would no doubt be a top target come the trade deadline, Paul's wife and daughter still live in Denver so I doubt he would nix the trade. So Avs can see him as veteran leadership for the kids up until TDL and then should bring them a decent return at deadline. So that is one way Army can try to sell Sakic on it. Outside of Parayko I can only see Dunn/Walman as acceptable D prospects to include in a package but not main pieces.

I just think if Sakic wanted something reasonable the trade would have happened by now.

Reactions: Blueston

BleedBlue14

UrGeNcY
Feb 9, 2017
St. Louis
Am I the only one that is still along the train of thought that if we needed to make a move Bozak is a pretty logical target? Unless we are deadest that Schenn is good to play Center instead of RW I don't think Bozak would cost all that much either. would allow us to run a top 6 of :

Schwartz - Stas - Tank
Sobotka - Bozak - Schenn

Also it gives us a RHS in the lineup which I mean isn't that big of a deal but it's a nice change of scenery.

Linkens Mastery

Conductor of the TankTown Express
Jan 15, 2014
Hyrule
Am I the only one that is still along the train of thought that if we needed to make a move Bozak is a pretty logical target? Unless we are deadest that Schenn is good to play Center instead of RW I don't think Bozak would cost all that much either. would allow us to run a top 6 of :

Schwartz - Stas - Tank
Sobotka - Bozak - Schenn

Also it gives us a RHS in the lineup which I mean isn't that big of a deal but it's a nice change of scenery.

I'd rather play Barbashev there than pay resources to get Bozak.

Reactions: BangarangxRufio

BleedBlue14

UrGeNcY
Feb 9, 2017
St. Louis
I'd rather play Barbashev there than pay resources to get Bozak.

Are you comfortable with playing Megan/Sundqvist as well then? I think that this is the bigger question. I love Barbashev as well and think he'd do fine in that role. The other two i'm not so sure they can hold down the fort until December.

Linkens Mastery

Conductor of the TankTown Express
Jan 15, 2014
Hyrule
Are you comfortable with playing Megan/Sundqvist as well then? I think that this is the bigger question. I love Barbashev as well and think he'd do fine in that role. The other two i'm not so sure they can hold down the fort until December.
Steen will return before then and will push Sobotka down to the 3rd line Center. I'm totally fine with not making a move for a bit until we see what we have in the kids.

Schwartz/Steen-Stastny-Tarasenko
Schwartz/Steen-Barbashev-Schenn
Blais-Sobotka-Jaskin/PRV/Megan/ect/ect

MortiestOfMortys

Jun 27, 2015
Denver, CO
The Leafs currently are loaded with wingers and could probably use getting rid of one.

Leivo would be a decent target. Good offensive instincts and a decent middle six winger, who, if given power play time, could probably post over 15 goals and 30 points. Can play either wing as well. He's waiver eligible but at 24 isn't too old and won't cost too much.

With all the injuries, might be an option.

Leivo is awesome, he'd be a great stopgap. Kills penalties too IIRC. Without looking at cap friendly, we might just have to wait for them to put him on waivers tho. Not sure there would be better waiver wire guys out there right now

BleedBlue14

UrGeNcY
Feb 9, 2017
St. Louis
Steen will return before then and will push Sobotka down to the 3rd line Center. I'm totally fine with not making a move for a bit until we see what we have in the kids.

Schwartz/Steen-Stastny-Tarasenko
Schwartz/Steen-Barbashev-Schenn
Blais-Sobotka-Jaskin/PRV/Megan/ect/ect

Agreed that would be the better option. I'm more worried about other injuries popping up as well. Seems like every year we get slammed with top 6 players getting injured for a month or so. This year is definitely not an exception and the season hasn't even started.

Maybe this discussion is better suited for down the line

Itsnotatrap

Oct 6, 2013

It seems like his situation is more that he is a straight up tough sign. Athanasiou is more a result of Detroit's terrible cap management boxing themselves in. I'd lean that direction.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad