Blues Trade Proposals Part XXXIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alklha

Sep 7, 2011
Reinhart is worth the risk in going after him.

Half the time I see him it looks like he could be knocked off the puck by a gnats fart, and his overall skating ability isn't great. But his talent is undeniable.

Even with the skating issues, he should really improve by getting stronger.

I'd imagine there would be a lot of interest if they made him available.

simon IC

Sponsor
Sep 8, 2007
Canada
I think ROR fits our style more, and he's in the same age bracket as Pietrangelo and Tarasenko. The problem, of course, is that contract. :(. I like the skill set and IQ that Reinhart brings, but he's yet another set up man. I'm a little hesitant, not because I dislike Reinhart, but the ridiculous amount of passing around the perimeter I have been watching lately is very frustrating.

Evocable Manager

Apr 20, 2016
St. Louis
I think ROR fits our style more, and he's in the same age bracket as Pietrangelo and Tarasenko. The problem, of course, is that contract. :(. I like the skill set and IQ that Reinhart brings, but he's yet another set up man. I'm a little hesitant, not because I dislike Reinhart, but the ridiculous amount of passing around the perimeter I have been watching lately is very frustrating.
Part of the reason our team is stuck to the perimeter is because a lot of our players can't power through or play it through to get to those scoring areas without turning the puck over.

Reinhart does have nice hands, a soft touch and the smarts to break down defensive schemes. He goes to the net, not as a presence but in the final moment to finish the play. A big issue with Buffalo is they don't have the right players around him (by right I mean they simply have a shit roster). So there players can't feed him the puck or finish his set ups.

I'd prefer Reinhart to ROR simply because Reinhart will be cheaper, is younger and I think his ceiling is very high.

Though they likely want Dunn and that's an abolsolute no go from me personally.

LetsGoBooze

Buium or bust
Jan 16, 2012
If you want pedigree you have to trade pedigree. Barbashev+ would probably be the STL offer, and that’s likely not enough.
I agree that the ask would be higher than that, and im gonna get a lot of flack for it but I would be ok with building a package around Kostin. Reinhart is still very young so its not like we would be selling off one of our top prospects for a vet. My offer would be Kostin + Schmaltz.

Vincenzo Arelliti

He Can't Play Center
Oct 13, 2014
Lisle, IL
I’m not advocating paying more for him. From what little I have seen, I view him as a 2RW that has no chance of being more than a 60pt player if everything goes right. He’s not much more than a distributor. I’m not sure if that’s worth losing Kostin over when we have Kyrou who appears more dynamic to me.

wannabebluesplayer

Apr 16, 2012
I'd look at Reinhart and Ryan O'Reilly. Stastny may have to go to get O'Reilly, or you'd have to convince Bouwmeester or Steen to waive their NTC, and I doubt they'd do that to go to Buffalo, plus the prospects that would have to go in that trade. Still, those are the two I'd look at (unless Buffalo gets real stupid ... wait, Murray isn't the GM anymore ... damn). No thanks on Okposo or Moulson.

The Note

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 13, 2011
KCMO
A team would have to pay through the nose for ROR I’d imagine. He’s locked up for 5 more years at 7.5 AAV and the guy is still only 26 years old. He’d be great to add but it doesn’t seem feasible. I would like the Blues to take a good look at Reinhart if he is available.

MissouriMook

Still just a Mook among men
Sponsor
Jul 4, 2014
Id easily add Dunn to Barbashev for Reinhart
I can't agree. The only things Reinhart has on Dunn at the moment is draft pedigree and two more years in the league. I feel like Dunn ~=~ Reinhart right now, relative to their positions. Even if you believe Reinhart has more upside to be found, which I don't necessarily agree with, there is no way I add to Dunn to get him.

Put another way, I'd give up the lesser known quantity in Walman in that deal, but no way am I adding if we're giving up Dunn. Dunn for Reinhart straight up, or Walman + Barbashev for Reinhart.

Mike Liut

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 12, 2008
I can't agree. The only things Reinhart has on Dunn at the moment is draft pedigree and two more years in the league. I feel like Dunn ~=~ Reinhart right now, relative to their positions. Even if you believe Reinhart has more upside to be found, which I don't necessarily agree with, there is no way I add to Dunn to get him.

Put another way, I'd give up the lesser known quantity in Walman in that deal, but no way am I adding if we're giving up Dunn. Dunn for Reinhart straight up, or Walman + Barbashev for Reinhart.

Sure, i’d offer Walman first. Then i would offer Dunn alone, but if it took Barbs too, no huge loss.

Bluesnatic27

Aug 5, 2011
I understand that Barbeshev hasn't progressed as well as we hoped, but are we now at the point where he isn't a huge loss if given up?

I understand in the above scenario that we would be getting Reinhart, and I'm okay with that given his age and upside, so I'm not trying to argue against that trade in particular. But I see Barbeshev's name thrown out for a lot of other trade targets that I don't agree with and I see Barbeshev put in a pile with guys like Blais or Musil. I really don't understand why he's been soured to such a harsh degree. I think he's a very important prospect to the Blues because he's not only a center, but he's one that is playing professional hockey, i.e. a prospect that is closer to the NHL than most of the other prospects. I know Thomas has been exciting and that's jumped his stock a lot, but I don't think that justifies in getting rid of the only other natural center prospect the Blues have.

Maybe I just have too much faith put into Barbeshev, but until the Blues are placed in a precarious situation involving him, or a fantastic trade comes along, I want to hang on to him. Yes, he hasn't had a fantastic year in either the AHL or NHL, but it's not uncommon for prospects to go through such growing pains. And although we would hope that he would play well in Chicago, that team is an absolute tire fire. They have 5 wins in 21 games played, so I really want to know what Barbeshev would look like in a different environment. I'm not going to try and make excuses for his total play, but I'm still a believer that the play we saw in Barbeshev last year was not a fluke.

I'm not against trading Barbeshev if the player the Blues obtain is a Reinhart kind of player. A young, intelligent player with top-6 upside and can match with the core well. If the Blues are targeting someone like Evander Kane, i.e. toolsy players that rely on the players around them to produce, then I'm against it.

DatDude44

Hmmmm?
Feb 23, 2012
I live in buffalo, work in hockey affiliated w/ the Sabs. I'm ok with going after reinhart, he's a smart heady player whose good net front on the PP and sees the ice well. but his skating is a serious issue. In no way am i moving dunn and barbashev for him.

I think ROR is the way to go if we can somehow fit him under the cap this year than stastny walks next year. RoR would be a perfect fit on this team.

Bouw, Barbashev, 2019 2nd and Noel for RoR?

Buff needs a bouw esque veteran to fix the dumpster fire that is the sabres locker room and practice/away from the rink habits. As well as an ok defensive top 4 D. We need the salary help from bouw to take on ROR and honestly i'm pretty comfortable with a Eddy, Gunnar, Dunn left side personally. I think Dunn is gonna keep getting better and better and be nice 2nd pair LD for us. Maybe they toss us antipin or beaulieu as insurance.

Mike Liut

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 12, 2008
Id easily and I mean easily trade Dunn + Barbs for Reinhart. Reinhart just turned 22 too. He would be a great fit here.

Mike Liut

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 12, 2008
One of the biggest things that has haunted this team for numerous years is the lack of true playmakers. Reinhart is a true playmaker. Add him to Schenn and Thomas, and now we have a bright future up the middle.

The Note

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 13, 2011
KCMO
I don’t have much interest in moving Dunn for Reinhart. He and Thomas are the two young guys I would avoid moving unless it was part of a big deal to bring in a big time impact forward.

LetsGoBooze

Buium or bust
Jan 16, 2012
Im fine with people wanting to keep Dunn as long as they realize it's going to take more than Barb + Schmaltz to land Reinhart. I personally suggested Kostin+ for Reinhart, but if I was Buffalo I would be looking for a blue-chip D as a main piece back if I were to ever consider moving Sam, so I don't know if that offer would even move the needle. I'm thinking Reinhart has similar value to what Drouin fetched last year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad