Blues Trade Proposals Part XXXIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

mw2noobbuster

Jun 28, 2016
Alberta, Canada
Simmonds is probably part of Philly's core going forward. Blues would have to pay up to pry him away. I doubt Hextall would want to trade with St. Louis again anyway lolol.

carter333167

Apr 24, 2013
I would not deal Walman or our 2019 first for a 2RW....not a chance. We have traded away too many firsts during Army's tenure for my liking....really tired of robbing Bill Armstrong of the ability to build this franchise.

simon IC

Sponsor
Sep 8, 2007
Canada
What happened to Jannik Hansen? I was really impressed with him in the WC, but he seems to have fallen off a cliff in SJ. Still, he's a RHS RW with speed. Any interest? What would it take? I think he might be inexpensively obtained.

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
I would not deal Walman or our 2019 first for a 2RW....not a chance. We have traded away too many firsts during Army's tenure for my liking....really tired of robbing Bill Armstrong of the ability to build this franchise.
Looks at prospect pool....looks at roster....... hmmm Me thinks there's a touch of hyperbole here. If we can get a top 6 RW in their mid 20s, its DAs job to do that. The picks and prospects are fun to fawn over but as we seen...they don't always pan out.

I havn't watched any of Hansen lately but I was a fan of his. Fast skaters seem to wither in San Jose for some reason. Boedker turned into a turd too

Reactions: Mike Liut

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
Too bad Evander Kane is a LW
I think he would be good but the bidding was is something the Blues shouldn't get into. He's going to cost too much to keep to make it worth the price the Blues would pay to get him

tfriede2

Aug 8, 2010

Walman for a 2RW? As long as it’s not for a rental, that’s a pretty easy yes for me. Fill a glaring top 6 hole for a prospect at a position of strength (LHD) - that’s exactly the type of trade Armstrong should be looking for.

Bluesnatic27

Aug 5, 2011
I usually try to not over value prospects too much, but I’d still rather not trade Walman. Especially for a middle-6 RW, even if it might be Gallagher.

Vincenzo Arelliti

He Can't Play Center
Oct 13, 2014
Lisle, IL
Gallagher is not worth losing Walman. Maybe Schmaltz. If we're trading Walman, it should be to get a legitimate need (2RW that can score and skate) and is signed for at least 2 years.

The only prospects that I would refrain from trading short of getting Tavares are Kostin and Thomas. Kyrou and Walman are next down the line, with Barabshev, Thompson, and Schmaltz next.

CaliforniaBlues310

Apr 9, 2013
San Pedro, CA.
DA has been watching Boston a lot lately, and I know it’s a stretch, but I’d be willing to give up a lot for Pastrnak.

Sobotka
Gunnarsson
Thompson
Walman
2019 1st
2018 2nd

Call up Barbashev and Schmaltz, waive Paajarvi and then run

Schwartz-Schenn-Tarasenko
Steen-Stastny-Pastrnak
Berglund-Barbashev-Blais
Upshall-Brodziak-Jaskin
Sundqvist, Thorburn

Edmundson-Pietrangelo
Dunn-Parayko
Bouwmeester-Schmaltz
Bortuzzo

mw2noobbuster

Jun 28, 2016
Alberta, Canada
I would cream if the Blues pry Pastrnak away from Boston. He's a living highlight reel in his third year? It'll take a crap ton to get him and I'm not sure if Boston would ever be willing to trade him, however.

Vincenzo Arelliti

He Can't Play Center
Oct 13, 2014
Lisle, IL
Pasta just re-signed in Boston. There's no way they trade a young elite winger (Chia is in EDM now). I'm worried that we're looking at Spooner. He's in a similar situation to Gunnarsson where he's just sitting on the bench. He's good enough to be on someone's team as a playmaking winger or center, but I just don't want him on our team. Bad zone entries, doesn't have a good shot, and wants to play center instead of RW. He does have decent wheels though, and was good on the PP at one time.

Linkens Mastery

Conductor of the TankTown Express
Jan 15, 2014
Hyrule
Eh, I wouldn't hate Spooner. He's a better 3rd liner than what we have been using, as long as he is cheap, like a 3rd rounder or later, I could live with it.

Vincenzo Arelliti

He Can't Play Center
Oct 13, 2014
Lisle, IL
The rumor is that Gunnarsson+prospect is the bargaining chip DA is using on the market right now. If it's Gunnarsson and one of our tier 5 prospects, okay.

Acquiring Spooner is a red flag for me. We would be targeting the wrong kind of player, imo. Spooner doesn't address anything we need other than being a player that can play the right side and having speed. He won't be the answer to the power play, he's not a shooter - he's a passer, and he can't help with zone entries.

Linkens Mastery

Jan 15, 2014
Hyrule
All I said was I wouldn't hate it. I myself wouldn't go after him. I'd rather go after Hansen myself, and play him with Jaskin-Berglund or Blais-Berglund. All I know is I would Not trade any of our top 2 tiers of prospects for a rental or a player that's a FA next offseason. This includes Thompson, Kostin, Walman, Kyrou, and Thomas.

Vincenzo Arelliti

He Can't Play Center
Oct 13, 2014
Lisle, IL
Eastern Conference RWs that might be available and would be at least interested in Gunnarsson+prospect (maybe a really good prospect):
MTL - Alex Galchenyuk
DET - Gustav Nyquist, Tomas Tatar

Any other teams really need a top 4 LHD and/or have a RW that would likely be available? I've looked through rosters and I can't find anymore.

Expanding to the Pacific:
SJS - Jannik Hansen
VAN - Markus Granlund

Linkens Mastery

Jan 15, 2014
Hyrule
Neither of those Eastern teams are going to trade those players for Gunnersson+ a prospect. And they would most likely hang the phone up in the middle of you saying Gunnersson, and rightfully so.

The Pacific teams, maybe, Granlund and Hansen are a definite step down from Nyquist and Galchenyuk.

Linkens Mastery

Jan 15, 2014
Hyrule
I'd rather get swept in the 1st round in this year's playoffs than trade on of the top 5 prospects. All 5 looks to be ready within the next 2 years, and all will be on very valuable ELC contracts. We should be looking into trading way players like Steen, Sobotka, and Berglund for ELC players, Prspects, and picks to get ready for the 5 kids to get ready to jump into the NHL.

LetsGoBooze

Buium or bust
Jan 16, 2012
I think the general feeling is that we want to have a championship caliber team, a deep farm, lots of draft picks, and be able to upgrade our team from year to year. One of these things has to give. I think the hesitancy to trade any of our “top prospects” is out of line with where we are as a team. It’s go time, and our window is more now than later for our known elite talents. Waiting 2 or 3 years to address 2RW and center post Stastny is too long.

Finally a post i can get behind. People are putting too much value on finally having a deep farm, and expecting all of our prospects to hit their ceiling. I for one am willing to move anyone not named Thomas in the right deal. These next few years are the years to go for it and if we can get one more piece to join this core, that's NHL ready now, im going for it. I'm not gonna give away our prospects, but i will pay for proven talent if and when available.

Linkens Mastery

Jan 15, 2014
Hyrule
Sorry I don't want to see us pull a Seguin for Eriksson 2.0 with us being the Bruins this go around. Which trading Thompson for a player like Nyquist or even Galchenyuk could easily become. I'm over exaggerating, but the point still stands.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad