Half-Assed GDT: Blues Red Wings: Wake Up, We Have A 11AM Game

Stlblue50

Apr 17, 2019
Someone asked this a month or so ago and I figured out that we'd lost 18 day games in a row at that point being doubled up by our opponents in average goals scored. We're 2-1 since that point. Looking like we'll be 2-20 in our last 22 after this one.
Wow that can't be true but I'm sure it's not far off. Not making excuses but what a joke of a February schedule. NHL players are creatures of habit and the Blues start the month off with an 11 day break followed by 5 out their first 7 games being NOON starts!! Today was at 11am and the Nash game was at 4pm, so lets just say they were all at noon.

The only 2 games that were regular start times were 2 of the best games they've played this season against EDM and NYI. They were able to squeak out a boring win at Buffalo and Allen/MTL have us 7 goals on 20 something shots. Other than that, these past 3 afternoon games just so happen to be up there with 3 of their worst efforts of the year.

Hopefully going back to normal start times will get them back on track with how they were playing since Bannister. After these next 3 road games the Blues schedule (opponents wise) is a big positive finishing out the year.

Reactions: i aint Dunn yet

AyeBah

Apr 5, 2019
This team better gas Bannister at the end of the year. They get shelled every night and people see the record and assume he's done a good job. Benching Thomas and Kyrou is just hilarious

DoubleK81

It's always something with these pricks.
Sep 10, 2010
PETRO SUCKS
Oh come on, this is not a serious playoff team LOL. They are only "in contention" because the west is a JOKE. and they only have 1 slot available to them and they are so pathetic, they will find a way to miss it AND miss a top 10 pick.

I have no interest in watching a 4 game sweep vs the Refalanche.
If the west is a joke, the east is too right? Going into todays game, the Blues are 3 points behind the 8th seed Lightning, with a game in hand.

TheDizee

Trade Jordan Kyrou ASAP | ALWAYS RIGHT
Apr 5, 2014

guess its not the coach then lol

kyrou and krug and their ridiculous caps have to go before this franchise can move forward

This team better gas Bannister at the end of the year. They get shelled every night and people see the record and assume he's done a good job. Benching Thomas and Kyrou is just hilarious
hes not a long term solution. firing berube was the wrong move long term and DA let Berube take the brunt of this shit show instead of him

Xerloris

reckless optimism
Jun 9, 2015
St.Louis

They should have been benched. Berube should have been benching Kyrou for a long ass time but all he did was kiss his ass while blaming everything on Vrana.

AjaxManifesto

Pro sports is becoming predictable and boring
Mar 9, 2016
St. Louis

Hahaha...watch #18 in the first few minutes. Too lazy to back check on Kane. Kane gets the puck in the slot with #18 ten feet from him. 1-0 Wings.

Then 18-25-89 cluster fark in Wings zone minutes later. Turn over, breakout, score. 2-0 Wings. The rest is history.

Our two high payroll players don't come ready to compete. Season over IMO.

Bannister did what I would have done.

25 and 18 were lazy and stupid in the first 5 minutes of this game. 3-0 Wings.

I'd bench their asses too. They get paid a TON to compete in ALL games. They took the day off.

Reactions: TheDizee

TheDizee

Trade Jordan Kyrou ASAP | ALWAYS RIGHT
Apr 5, 2014
Hahaha...watch #18 in the first few minutes. Too lazy to back check on Kane. Kane gets the puck in the slot with #18 ten feet from him. 1-0 Wings.

Then 18-25-89 cluster fark in Wings zone minutes later. Turn over, breakout, score. 2-0 Wings. The rest is history.

Our two high payroll players don't come ready to compete. Season over IMO.
everyone is going to have bad games from time to time but this is just another day for Kyrou. Why does he care about winning or taking his game to the next level? He gets no meaningful financial benefit from doing that. He's cashed in thanks to a idiotic overpayment from Armstrong (shocker), he doesnt give a damn anymore, no matter how many crocodile tears he musters up.

As soon as people grasp that people like Kyrou are nothing more than NHL mercenaries, only playing for a paycheck then checking out until the next time one is needed, the sooner they will understand how crucial it is to rid of him from our franchise and city. Team players who care about winning like Maroon, ROR, Bozak, Steen, Jbo etc are why we won a cup. Now we have me me me me losers like Kyrou and Krug lol.

AyeBah

Apr 5, 2019
They should have been benched. Berube should have been benching Kyrou for a long ass time but all he did was kiss his ass while blaming everything on Vrana.
Hard to do that to Kyrou when you trot Kasperi Kapanen in the top 6 every game (finally benched him today but besides the point.) He started the game with our 4th line and their 1st and we all saw what happened.

GoldenSeal

Believe In The Note
Dec 1, 2013
Out West
42% Expected Goals For 5v5 since he started. The roster is bad but not THAT bad
If they weren't 'that bad', they would show up. This team isn't as good as so many think and I feel some are part-time passengers too. This is a game where the better team took full control and won, simple as that. If those folks showed up, we probably would have lost, but it wouldn't have been 6-1.

And for those who want to hang this entirely on Binny (And yeah, he sucked - 3GA + 1PP), mind that Hofer gave up 2 goals. I don't think it would have mattered who we had in goal.

Reactions: Ted Hoffman

AyeBah

Apr 5, 2019
If they weren't 'that bad', they would show up. This team isn't as good as so many think and I feel some are part-time passengers too. This is a game where the better team took full control and won, simple as that. If those folks showed up, we probably would have lost, but it wouldn't have been 6-1.

And for those who want to hang this entirely on Binny (And yeah, he sucked - 3GA + 1PP), mind that Hofer gave up 2 goals. I don't think it would have mattered who we had in goal.
I agree on the last point. All the goals were odd man rushes or wide open shooters point blank. Goalies have carried this team all year

Reactions: GoldenSeal

Stlblue50

Apr 17, 2019
It’s amazing the consistency Krug has at giving the other team prime odd man rushes or breakaways due to not holding the line or pinching at the worst time when the forwards don’t expect it or don’t have enough time to recover.

Today it was the 2nd goal pinch mistake. He also had a terrible giveaway that lead to the 5th goal. The only period in the game where we had momentum.

If he can simply play smarter on the offensive side then it would help quite a bit. If the puck was going in this year then I’d get the amount that he pinched. He tries hard and makes great passes when he’s on.

Reactions: Ted Hoffman

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
While lack of cap space was a thing, you still don't answer how you know Kyrou didn't get offered ... which really leads to how do you know Calgary would have taken that offer over every other offer it had. And, given how allegedly worthless Kyrou is and you know it, then presumably others know it too - including maybe even Calgary - so why would Calgary take a worthless player and some other worthless shit for Tkachuk, over every other offer it had?

You also still don't answer how do you know Tkachuk was going to sign here long-term when all reports were he wasn't on the list he gave Calgary? Because ... that was really critical to making a trade, no matter what allegedly worthless pieces were getting thrown in.

I'm long on record about Armstrong's tenure here, I don't think that's any secret, but I at least ground that in facts whenever possible. I don't make up scenarios about what could have happened, treat it as fact, then run with it accordingly. At least try to do the same.
Why do you continue to repeat bullshit and act like it’s a fact? The Blues were on his list.

Not only has it been widely reported that we were by multiple people, here’s Matthew Tkachuk literally saying it himself at the 27:00 mark:

The three teams were Florida, St. Louis and Carolina. It’s been reported, but I guess you choose to ignore it. Stop writing novels when you don’t know what you’re talking about.

I also love one of the posters liking your posts because he doesn’t care about facts either. He just likes to defend Armstrong no matter what.

Reactions: TheDizee

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad