Half-Assed GDT: Blues Red Wings: Wake Up, We Have A 11AM Game

Ted Hoffman

The other Rick Zombo
Dec 15, 2002
Wins against Colorado, Tampa Bay, Vegas, Dallas, Vancouver 2x, Carolina, New York Rangers, Los Angeles, and Edmonton this season but yes, go on...
If only we played Colorado, Tampa Bay, Vegas, Dallas, Vancouver 2x, .... all the time and didn't play those other games. By the same token, if we exclude all the losses this team has, it's undefeated.

Yes, this team can look really good. It can also look like fresh dogshit, as the 1st period showed. Put it all together, and this is not a 100-point team unless you're prorating 17-10-1 over 82 games, which is misleading because the team is 12-10-6 through regulation which is a better indicator of what it really is: a slightly above average team, which is really riding Thomas (9-29-38), Kyrou (14-14-28), Buchnevich (13-12-25) and Binnington standing on his head most nights, where the only other guys who have played at a 20-goal or 40-point pace have been Krug (1-16-17).

Reactions: TheDizee

TheDizee

Trade Jordan Kyrou ASAP | ALWAYS RIGHT
Apr 5, 2014
According to Dizee himself Kyrou is a horrifically and fatally flawed player. Yet he also thinks the Flames would have traded Tkachuk for him. It's interesting.
Kyrou is good on the right team and right place. STL is neither the team nor the place for him. Kyrou at 3-4 million is fine. Kyrou at 8 million cripples a team. Robert Thomas is a 8 million dollar player, Jordan Kyrou is not.

He is not a player you build around on a WINNING team. He is a Rick Nash type of player. He only cares about Tiktok highlight reels and garbage time stat padding on a losing team, he does not care about being a winner and key component on a winning team.

Ted Hoffman

The other Rick Zombo
Dec 15, 2002
Strickland and others have discussed the mishaps of DA in this debacle. Basically, it comes down to DA being cheap and overvaluing people like Kyrou, Purunovich etc. Plus he was unable to wiggle enough cap space for it because of the idiotic signings he made, like Schenn, Saad, Binner and Krug all getting massively overpaid.
While lack of cap space was a thing, you still don't answer how you know Kyrou didn't get offered ... which really leads to how do you know Calgary would have taken that offer over every other offer it had. And, given how allegedly worthless Kyrou is and you know it, then presumably others know it too - including maybe even Calgary - so why would Calgary take a worthless player and some other worthless shit for Tkachuk, over every other offer it had?

You also still don't answer how do you know Tkachuk was going to sign here long-term when all reports were he wasn't on the list he gave Calgary? Because ... that was really critical to making a trade, no matter what allegedly worthless pieces were getting thrown in.

I'm long on record about Armstrong's tenure here, I don't think that's any secret, but I at least ground that in facts whenever possible. I don't make up scenarios about what could have happened, treat it as fact, then run with it accordingly. At least try to do the same.

Reactions: Blueston and PJJJP

Snubbed4Vezina

Jul 9, 2022
Is it just recent memory, or is this team always god awful on Matinee games?
Someone asked this a month or so ago and I figured out that we'd lost 18 day games in a row at that point being doubled up by our opponents in average goals scored. We're 2-1 since that point. Looking like we'll be 2-20 in our last 22 after this one.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad