Half-Assed GDT: Blues Red Wings: Wake Up, We Have A 11AM Game

LogosBlue

May 16, 2018
Krug should have been benched right along with Kyrou and Thomas. His defense was offensive today. Binner didn't have a great game either but everyone has bad days at work sometimes.

Frenzy31

May 21, 2003
So I get to go to 2 games a year. They stunk against the Jackets and they were worse today.

Only guys who showed up, Bolduc, Schenn, Sunny D, and Walker. Kessel had his worst game as a Blue. Damn…..

BadgersandBlues

Jun 6, 2011
Kyrou has been playing at a 40 goal, 80 point pace under Bannister. He's not an issue. Did that line have a bad game? Yea, it did. But it's frankly the only line that has been producing at all consistently for the entire season.

If you want to point fingers, let's talk about Kevin, "1 goal and 2 assists in his last 25 games," Hayes or Kasperi, "1 goal in 20 games," Kapenen. Or Torrey gets caved in and has the worst 5v5 numbers of basically all our top Dmen Krug.

Mike Liut

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 12, 2008
Wins against Colorado, Tampa Bay, Vegas, Dallas, Vancouver 2x, Carolina, New York Rangers, Los Angeles, and Edmonton this season but yes, go on...

It seems like we were facing many of those teams when they are on B2B and/or against their backup goalie. Maybe I’m wrong, but that’s what I remember.

Reactions: TheDizee

Ted Hoffman

The other Rick Zombo
Dec 15, 2002
Why do you continue to repeat bullshit and act like it’s a fact? The Blues were on his list.

Not only has it been widely reported that we were by multiple people, here’s Matthew Tkachuk literally saying it himself at the 27:00 mark:

The three teams were Florida, St. Louis and Carolina. It’s been reported, but I guess you choose to ignore it. Stop writing novels when you don’t know what you’re talking about.

I also love one of the posters liking your posts because he doesn’t care about facts either. He just likes to defend Armstrong no matter what.
1. I have long been led to believe that St. Louis was not on his list. I stand corrected. See? It's not that difficult to admit "you know what, I was wrong."

2. Clearly, I touched a nerve. Maybe at least one of us should make use of one of the site's functions to prevent this outburst of anger in the future.

Reality Czech

Apr 17, 2017
Yes, a Gm should only have max 1 year to build a cup contender or they get fired. Do you read the shit you're saying?

Dizee is just playing a character. I sincerely hope no one is actually like that in real life.

Side note, that game was ass. Will it be a wake up call for the boys or is this the beginning of the end of our meager playoff hopes. If our top line has a bad game we literally have no chance of winning. And they had a horrible game.

Linkens Mastery

Conductor of the TankTown Express
Jan 15, 2014
Hyrule
Side note, that game was ass. Will it be a wake up call for the boys or is this the beginning of the end of our meager playoff hopes. If our top line has a bad game we literally have no chance of winning. And they had a horrible game.
100% agree. IF Army wants to be back to being an actual playoff team outside of the defense he really needs fix the middle 6. Saad and Schenn can definitely be pieces, but, outside of Neighbours it needs to be gutted and reconstructed.

We are 4-6 pieces away. Hopefully Snuggerud and Bolduc and fight their way into being 2 of those pieces next season, but, they should not be expected to be.

GoldenSeal

Believe In The Note
Dec 1, 2013
Out West
Why do you continue to repeat bullshit and act like it’s a fact? The Blues were on his list.

Not only has it been widely reported that we were by multiple people, here’s Matthew Tkachuk literally saying it himself at the 27:00 mark:

The three teams were Florida, St. Louis and Carolina. It’s been reported, but I guess you choose to ignore it. Stop writing novels when you don’t know what you’re talking about.

I also love one of the posters liking your posts because he doesn’t care about facts either. He just likes to defend Armstrong no matter what.

Gossip isn't necessarily facts.

Reactions: Ted Hoffman

Reality Czech

Apr 17, 2017
100% agree. IF Army wants to be back to being an actual playoff team outside of the defense he really needs fix the middle 6. Saad and Schenn can definitely be pieces, but, outside of Neighbours it needs to be gutted and reconstructed.

We are 4-6 pieces away. Hopefully Snuggerud and Bolduc and fight their way into being 2 of those pieces next season, but, they should not be expected to be.

You're right but we kinda knew this coming into the season. We underachieved for half the year, then have overachieved since the coaching change but the magic is wearing off. Everyone has been inconsistent except Thomas, Parayko and the goalies. Saad having 16 goals is surprising. He's really turned it on the month or so. I'm happy to let the kids get more experience this year and then save the bigger roster moves for the off-season.

I do wonder if a Buch trade is more likely if the wheels completely fall off, however.

Ted Hoffman

The other Rick Zombo
Dec 15, 2002
He started the game with our 4th line and their 1st and we all saw what happened.
As the road team, the Blues had to submit their starting lineup first. The Red Wings got to pick who they wanted to start based on that. We can debate whether he should have gone with the 4th line to start, but I'm sure he's thinking how he wants to run lines early on since he has to put his lines out first all game.

42% Expected Goals For 5v5 since he started. The roster is bad but not THAT bad
It's ... maybe not that bad, but it's certainly not good. See my post elsewhere on everyone's stats since Bannister took over.

Then realize Faulk isn't in the lineup right now.

Majorityof1

Mar 6, 2014
Central Florida
This fanbase crumbles so fast at any sign of adversity. 17-10-1 (about a 100 point pace over 82 games) since the head coach change. But the first sign of a bad game and were already crying to trade everyone away.

To be fair, I have consistently wanted to trade everyone away since the start of the season, so...yeah. I mean ever since we entered the season with Krug as a top 4 D, we should have been trading away anyone that could net us value, was 25 or older and was not names Thomas, Kyrou, Parayko or Binnington..

TheDizee

Trade Jordan Kyrou ASAP | ALWAYS RIGHT
Apr 5, 2014
Kyrou has been playing at a 40 goal, 80 point pace under Bannister. He's not an issue. Did that line have a bad game? Yea, it did. But it's frankly the only line that has been producing at all consistently for the entire season.

If you want to point fingers, let's talk about Kevin, "1 goal and 2 assists in his last 25 games," Hayes or Kasperi, "1 goal in 20 games," Kapenen. Or Torrey gets caved in and has the worst 5v5 numbers of basically all our top Dmen Krug.
Those jokers are not being paid 8 million dollars by us to produce. Earn the big bucks, produce or face justified scrutiny. Also, nobody who watches the team and sees how they actually play when it matters (and not garbage time stat padding) cares about "pace". Just like how the Blues are on a 100pt "pace" with Bannister (LOL). It literally is pointless and irrelevant. They are not a 100 point team nor is Kyrou going to get 80 points this season. And both of those things are related because people like him, Schenn and Krug chew up massive amounts of cap space then decide to play like turds for 2/3 of the season.

But since so many here like to talk about paces, the people you mentioned above long with Cryrou are on pace to sink this team to another season of no playoff hockey but this time with no top 10 pick. It is what it is.

I personally want another top 10 pick and a firesale at the deadline with a new GM and coach before the draft alot more than a 4 game sweep vs some shitty ref fueled team like Colorado

Reactions: Ranksu

TheOrganist

Don't Call Him Alex
Feb 21, 2006
The Blues could easily lose 8 of 9 during this brutal stretch if the goaltending is just average. Could be back picking top 10 by March 11.

Ted Hoffman

The other Rick Zombo
Dec 15, 2002
They could also go 5-3-1 and stay squarely in the hunt. That's the maddening thing with this team: even under Bannister, it's winning games it should lose and losing games it should win, and as a result everyone here can make a case for this team falling off badly or doing damage in the playoffs.

TheDizee

Apr 5, 2014
They could also go 5-3-1 and stay squarely in the hunt. That's the maddening thing with this team: even under Bannister, it's winning games it should lose and losing games it should win, and as a result everyone here can make a case for this team falling off badly or doing damage in the playoffs.
This team is not doing damage in the playoffs to any serious contender.

TheDizee

Apr 5, 2014
I agree. Making the playoffs? Absolutely possible. Causing an upset? Not with this defense.
With how bad the defense is, it doesnt even allow Binner a chance to steal a series or two.

They are THAT bad.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Rennes vs Brest
    Rennes vs Brest
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $61.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Mainz vs FC Köln
    Mainz vs FC Köln
    Wagers: 4