Half-Assed GDT: Blues Panthers: Florida is On Fire, Can the Blues Put Them Out?

PJJJP

Dec 2, 2021
On the bright side we played a good game at 5v5. The bad is the special teams and our lack of finishing still suck

Spektre

Apr 10, 2010
Krynn
thanks. i've been behind on gameday thread much of tonight, because I had to pause game a couple times toinight and fell behind the live action. I didn't realize you were tracking every faceoff. your dedication is impressive. at what point will you acknowledge that he was just in a slump, as players often are, and didn't suddenly become really crappy player? like what has to happen for you to get to that point?

I maintain Schenn’s abilities have gone downhill. They haven’t fallen off the cliff yet but he should be on the 3rd line ideally.

His level of play would have to legitimately improve a lot for a large stretch of games for me to think otherwise. I don’t see it happening, ever.

GoldenSeal

Believe In The Note
Dec 1, 2013
Out West
Is Berube back on the bench? Goalie pulled down three.
This is what happens when a badly, somewhat hastily constructed team with gaping holes in it goes up against a team that's for real. Terrible, terrible game but we did get one goal so it wasn't a shutout, that's where I'll hang my hat on this one. Didn't expect to win this game. Next!

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
Three stars thread is up. Going to be interesting. I think Schenn will get one and then....not a clue.

GoldenSeal

Believe In The Note
Dec 1, 2013
Out West
I maintain Schenn’s abilities have gone downhill. They haven’t fallen off the cliff yet but he should be on the 3rd line ideally.

His level of play would have to legitimately improve a lot for a large stretch of games for me to think otherwise. I don’t see it happening, ever.
I think he'll get better the moment they take the weight of the C off of him. It's just too much for him.

I'd do that in a heartbeat and stitch it on Thomas.

Reactions: JR1

Spektre

Apr 10, 2010
Krynn
Rangers, Boston, Philly, Caps x2, CalGary, Vancouver, Seattle, LA, Columbus…

Blues could turn into sellers soon.
I think he'll get better the moment they take the weight of the C off of him. It's just too much for him.

I'd do that in a heartbeat and stitch it on Thomas.

Do you honestly believe this? This is Schenn’s 12th year in the league. He plays in a very soft media town. The coach was fired. What pressure do you think he’s dealing with?

GoldenSeal

Believe In The Note
Dec 1, 2013
Out West
Rangers, Boston, Philly, Caps x2, CalGary, Vancouver, Seattle, LA, Columbus…

Blues could turn into sellers soon.

Do you honestly believe this? This is Schenn’s 12th year in the league. He plays in a very soft media town. The coach was fired. What pressure do you think he’s dealing with?
The pressure he puts on himself. It shows when he plays. He never looked like this until they put the C on him and then it was a drastic drop. It's one thing to wear a letter with talent around you, it's another to become Captain of a team that's starting to fall off a cliff and fall hard. How much of the current situation is he blaming himself for? The guy has a ton of integrity, so wearing the C is probably a really serious thing for him.

Reactions: Blueston

Linkens Mastery

Conductor of the TankTown Express
Jan 15, 2014
Hyrule
I looked at the schedule for January. Yeaaaahhh.... we will be lucky going .500 to finish the month out. Should The trains come back ladies and gentlemen?

Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX
The pressure he puts on himself. It shows when he plays. He never looked like this until they put the C on him and then it was a drastic drop. It's one thing to wear a letter with talent around you, it's another to become Captain of a team that's starting to fall off a cliff and fall hard. How much of the current situation is he blaming himself for? The guy has a ton of integrity, so wearing the C is probably a really serious thing for him.
i think there is some truth to this, but i also think he scores a few goals and we win a few games and this becomes a non-story.

Reactions: Ted Hoffman

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
It’s tough to watch this offense right now. I’m wondering when Adam Gaudette is finally going to get his opportunity with us. I’m not saying this guy is a difference maker or is going to revolutionize anything. But he is basically our only option left, since Bolduc and Dean are not ready.

So I just want to see if he’s got anything. This Vrana experiment needs to die permanently.

Reality Czech

Apr 17, 2017
This is what happens when a badly, somewhat hastily constructed team with gaping holes in it goes up against a team that's for real. Terrible, terrible game but we did get one goal so it wasn't a shutout, that's where I'll hang my hat on this one. Didn't expect to win this game. Next!

Hastily constructed? Did you say the same thing when we beat the same Panthers team just a couple weeks ago?

Kind of crazy that Vrana managed to go -3 in just 10 mins of ice time. That's the only column he fills up on the stat sheet.

BlueOil

"well-informed"
Apr 28, 2010
certainly an expected result, but once again, it feels like if the powerplay would just click, the blues might've been able to win the game

kyrou keeps overhandling the puck whenever he gets it, i know he explained in his tutorial video that he likes to shimmy and shake before shooting, but he needs to just let it fly

Reactions: Cotton McKnight

ScratchCatFever

Oct 14, 2018
Missed most of the game last night, watched it this morning. Vrana has to be one of the most dog shit hockey players I've ever seen. With that said. I hope he suits up for the majority of the rest of the season as he'll assist in a worse record and higher pick.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad