Half-Assed GDT: Blues Panthers: Florida is On Fire, Can the Blues Put Them Out?

Snubbed4Vezina

Jul 9, 2022
Now it's the face off circle? I thought he was on the boards with the puck carrier? The fact is Hayes was the closest guy to the goal scorer and he left him to skate towards a guy that was 25 feet away. I mean isn't the center suppose to cover that?
I watched the replay again. Hayes wasn't as close as I thought he was, but either way the left side d-man cannot chase the Panthers forward with the puck around the outside of the faceoff circle like a peewee hockey drill. If Scandella doesn't give chase with no possible chance of catching the puck carrier, that play isn't nearly as easy. That puck carrier skating away from the net needs to be the forwards responsibility and if the forward doesn't cover, the chance still isn't as dangerous.

You still haven't addressed the fact that Scandella was caught flat footed on the rush to create the play in the first place before pointlessly giving chase around the outside of the right faceoff circle despite being the slowest player on the ice at any given time. He got beat then chased and chased defending nobody on that play.

Xerloris

reckless optimism
Jun 9, 2015
St.Louis
I watched the replay again. Hayes wasn't as close as I thought he was, but either way the left side d-man cannot chase the Panthers forward with the puck around the outside of the faceoff circle like a peewee hockey drill. If Scandella doesn't give chase with no possible chance of catching the puck carrier, that play isn't nearly as easy. That puck carrier skating away from the net needs to be the forwards responsibility and if the forward doesn't cover, the chance still isn't as dangerous.

You still haven't addressed the fact that Scandella was caught flat footed on the rush to create the play in the first place before pointlessly giving chase around the outside of the right faceoff circle despite being the slowest player on the ice at any given time. He got beat then chased and chased defending nobody on that play.

Not saying Scandella is mistake free but not also putting blame on the forwards or Scotty P at the same time is wrong.

Reactions: Blueston

Snubbed4Vezina

Jul 9, 2022
Not saying Scandella is mistake free but not also putting blame on the forwards or Scotty P at the same time is wrong.
I'm not absolving everyone on the ice of fault either. Just saying that play was glaringly on Scandella who pretty much did everything wrong beginning at the start of the rush.

Reactions: Blueston

TheOrganist

Don't Call Him Alex
Feb 21, 2006
Impressive period all around. Breaking the puck out nicely. Some nice set plays in the D zone that are being executed. Lots of rush chances.

Celtic Note

Living the dream
Dec 22, 2006
Is it just me or are we not seeing the burners from Kyrou that we have in the past?

Reactions: JR1

PJJJP

Dec 2, 2021
I think Perunovich has picked up Thomas's old habits of not shooting the puck

PJJJP

Dec 2, 2021
When I watch Hayes I have no idea how this guy gets points. Like he does so little but somehow it's just enough or other times he'll make a genuinely good move and then f*** it up somehow. He just baffles me

Snubbed4Vezina

Jul 9, 2022
This game hinges on our ability to score on this PP.

That doesn't make me feel warm and fuzzy.

When I watch Hayes I have no idea how this guy gets points. Like he does so little but somehow it's just enough or other times he'll make a genuinely good move and then f*** it up somehow. He just baffles me
He does enough to be worth what he's being paid, and I like his personality as he seems like a great locker room guy but I'll just say I'm glad we don't have to count on him for too many more seasons.

Reactions: AjaxManifesto

Mike Liut

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 12, 2008
Finally playing a team not a B2B or against their backup goalie.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad