Half-Assed GDT: Blues Habs: Back To Back Mid-Day Away Games, Why?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Linkens Mastery

Conductor of the TankTown Express
Jan 15, 2014
Hyrule
Gotta wonder how Tucker feels knowing That even with 2 injuries to the Blues d-core he still got passed over by Kessel and Rosen, who weren't even on the NHL roster initially, for NHL playing time.

Kyrou shrugged that dude off to still get a shot off. lol what?

Xerloris

reckless optimism
Jun 9, 2015
St.Louis
Gotta wonder how Tucker feels knowing That even with 2 injuries to the Blues d-core he still got passed over by Kessel and Rosen, who weren't even on the NHL roster initially, for NHL playing time.

Kyrou shrugged that dude off to still get a shot off. lol what?

Shame

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
Thomas running the PP from the right point looks a lot like he did in London. I really like him there. He's not going to shoot a one timer, so why even put him on his shooting side? I think the right point makes a lot of sense.

Snubbed4Vezina

Jul 9, 2022
It's because the dude was injured on the hit. Even though I think Blais avoided actually hitting him. The only camera angle they showed was hard to tell.
Yep. They punished the result. That wasn't even a 2.

There's no way Sammy can stop his momentum there and you expect an NHLer isn't going to trip over his own feet.

Glad we responded with another goal though. Good first now let's keep it going.

Hrkac Circus

Dec 11, 2014
Vienna, IL
A Jake Allen team down 3-1 after one. Definitely brings back memories. And that Blais call was wrong. He had less than a second to pull up when the guy stumbled and got in a vulnerable position.

kimzey59

Aug 16, 2003
1707680401709.png

• Haha
Reactions: Eldon Reid

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
This team is going to push Army into a slight buy mode. No moves for rentals, but if there is a player with at least 1.5 seasons left of term or a RFA this summer, I think Army will very much consider something. Upgrading the middle 6 and another big minute 2-way defender will give this team a boost.

Xerloris

reckless optimism
Jun 9, 2015
St.Louis
This team is going to push Army into a slight buy mode. No moves for rentals, but if there is a player with at least 1.5 seasons left of term or a RFA this summer, I think Army will very much consider something. Upgrading the middle 6 and another big minute 2-way defender will give this team a boost.

I don't think he'll buy anything unless he views them as a long term fit for the team.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
I don't think he'll buy anything unless he views them as a long term fit for the team.
That's my point, someone that has term and/or team control and fills the holes we currently have.

Maybe that means someone like Hanifin, Chychrun, or Chabot. Maybe that means someone like Frost or Middlestadt. Or some other player that fits similar to those players. A way to create a quality 2nd pair or boost the 2nd line long-term.

kimzey59

Aug 16, 2003
I could see him shopping for a rental with one of our 2nds.
Probably don't get much more than an Okposo type but I can see Army doing it.

AjaxManifesto

Pro sports is becoming predictable and boring
Mar 9, 2016
St. Louis
He's playing on the 3rd line and has 9 points on the year with poor defense and possession numbers.

He's fine as a part time 4th liner/13th forward where his effort is the only thing that matters; but in his current role he's dragging his line down and is a strong contributor to our abysmal 5 on 5 play.
Mmmmkay...

Allen gives Thomas a gift! 5-1 good guys!

Man, Jake's having an awful game.
Feel bad for Jake. He's better than this.

Reactions: pseudoswede
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille