Series Talk: Stanley Cup Playoffs 2024

EscapedGoat

Jun 15, 2012
This Vegas crowd is DEAD. It's overtime in the Stanley Cup playoffs and I've heard golf crowds that were louder. What a pathetic crowd. It's honestly sucking a lot of the excitement and energy out of viewing it. Playoff OT is usually exciting even without a rooting interest but I'm pretty sure I'm going to fall asleep soon just like this crowd is.

Reactions: dahrougem2

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
Wyatt Johnston is so, so good. He should have scored 5 goals tonight. I honestly would not be surprised if he breaks 100 points in a season very soon. IMO he is tied with Roope Hintz for best Stars forward.

What a finish. He was unbelievable tonight. Legit looked like Connor McDavid on every shift.

Mooserton

Oct 4, 2013
Colorado
Vegas was slow on the transition and just dumped the puck for the majority of OT. I don’t know what perfect opportunity they were waiting for but they lose that game the majority of the time.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Thompson was a pure beast all night long and he allowed that lol. I feel for him because he's the only player on Vegas that I actually like.

And

he scores a beauty
Def a beauty, but Biz ain't wrong, Marner has been one of the worst playoff performers I've seen in the last three or so years. Matthews is up there too, but he's the face of your franchise so you can't trade him away.
That’s on the Leafs management team thinking that big and slow meant shutdown defense
I mean, did you see the team that Triveling built in Calgary? This Toronto team is an exact replica of that; big brutalising defence that can't skate with zero IQ, along with a ton of big brutalising forwards that have zero puck skills. I don't agree with the comments that this Leafs team is soft, they are not the Leafs of 2-3 years ago, they are a lot tougher, but that also means they are a lot dumber as well.

DanishAvsfan

Aug 27, 2007
Yeah, that Wyatt Johnston kid was incredible. He is going to haunt us for many seasons to come. Drafted 53rd. Very jealous of the Stars' scouts.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Yeah, that Wyatt Johnston kid was incredible. He is going to haunt us for many seasons to come. Drafted 53rd. Very jealous of the Stars' scouts.
Do you know what's crazy about the Johnston draft? He played zero games during his draft year due to COVID and the OHL shutting it down or something, he only played 8 or so with Team Canada in the U18 WJC. That's it, but Stars took the risk.

DanishAvsfan

Aug 27, 2007
Do you know what's crazy about the Johnston draft? He played zero games during his draft year due to COVID and the OHL shutting it down or something, he only played 8 or so with Team Canada in the U18 WJC. That's it, but Stars took the risk.
Wow, I had no clue. Probably luck played a role too, then. Still kudos for making the right gamble.

Cypher

May 25, 2011
Edmonton
avalanche.nhl.com

23rd, not 53rd.

But ya, Dallas has been good at drafting for a while. Dallas' current roster has 12 players on it that they drafted.... Avs have 4 (Mack, Mikko, Makar, and Juice)... 5 if you want to count Landy.

Grigowski

Jul 6, 2016
Dallas made Thompson look like Roy in his prime.... Jesus, what a horrible use of so many grade A-chances... This game should have never went to OT....

littletonhockeycoach

NOT the Hanson Bros.....
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2008
Littleton, Co
Posted this on the Sabres board and here too...

Just my opinion but TBS's Pre-Post-Intermission presentations and game broadcasts are far more enjoyable for me than TNT's.

Listening to Henrik is a delight. Such thoughtful and insightful analysis. Total class act.

And Biz is the perfect characterization of a TML fan. I believe his pouting about his team's misfortunes is genuine. He should host his own TML You Tube channel.

TNT has Messier who I enjoy listening to even though Mark is a bit too wooden. Subban is just a clown act.

Can't stand listening to AJ Meleckyo (?) on TNT broadcasts. She grabs every pause to insert her comments. Frankly, she never shuts up.

Reactions: dahrougem2

AllAboutAvs

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 25, 2006
Dallas made Thompson look like Roy in his prime.... Jesus, what a horrible use of so many grade A-chances... This game should have never went to OT....
Yeah I don't think anybody told the Stars that they don't get a point in the playoffs when they go to OT.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad