GDT: Blues @ Ducks 7pm PST

Status
Not open for further replies.

pbgoalie

Aug 8, 2010
if I'm playing the Ducks, I'm posting my bruiser lineup for the game,
And coach McMatchup will make the Pavlovian response dressing all the Senior tour to combat that toughness, handing them the games

We are too poorly coached to pull this off....another wasted year of the core

SirQuacksALot

A Garibaldi in Kelp
Mar 16, 2010
Does this core even have more years? Perry has already fallen off, and while he's not just some plug or anything he can't carry the play like he used to. It still shows up in flashes, but a core player isn't an occasionally great player, he's an every night kind of guy. Kesler's playing like he's still injured, but is he still injured or is this just his level post surgery? Hip surgery is a big deal, and at 33 he's getting up there for a player of his style. He may never be the same. Getzlaf is in beast mode but we all know that will end sooner rather than later.

KelVarnsen

May 2, 2010
Mission Viejo
Does BM’s loyalty to his drinking buddy really cloud his judgement that much? These are not dumb men (at least I hope they are not). BM has to see the absolute piss poor coaching strategy coupled with baffling lineup choices right?

Exit Dose

Jul 2, 2011
Georgia
Does BM’s loyalty to his drinking buddy really cloud his judgement that much? These are not dumb men (at least I hope they are not). BM has to see the absolute piss poor coaching strategy coupled with baffling lineup choices right?
I suspect the issue is that he's giving RC till the summer to make that choice. That we're still a maybe to make the playoffs should move that time table up, but that's where the friendship is probably coming into play.

Ducks in a row

Go Ducks Quack Quack
Dec 17, 2013
U.S.A.
I can't stand Bieksa I think he is the player I hate the most who played for our team because it cost us a 2nd round pick to acquire him and he has cost us so many games with his terribleness.

Reactions: DuckRogers10

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
oh awesome. kings and sharks win AND they let the blues back into the race

just as i expected

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
N21EnZb.jpg
Just found my new phone wallpaper

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
RC: "We didn't commit to our chip and support game...... They played more of a grind game then we did." :rolleyes:

This is a quote that should get a coach fired after a game like that.

He sounds senile

He's so obsessed with playing the grinding style that used to work in the NHL that he can't see that a team just skated circles around them.

I'm really afraid for this organization right now. This country club atmosphere of hiring your friend and bringing in Veterans for retirement tours never goes down well. Especially not in a league that is shifting more and more to young, fast, and skilled players

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Idk what to even say anymore.

At this point im just hoping bieska retires, veleno falls to us and rc and bm get in a heated arguement at the local watering hole and rc gets fired.

ZzZz

Dec 22, 2017
Does this core even have more years? Perry has already fallen off, and while he's not just some plug or anything he can't carry the play like he used to. It still shows up in flashes, but a core player isn't an occasionally great player, he's an every night kind of guy. Kesler's playing like he's still injured, but is he still injured or is this just his level post surgery? Hip surgery is a big deal, and at 33 he's getting up there for a player of his style. He may never be the same. Getzlaf is in beast mode but we all know that will end sooner rather than later.

Players that had the same surgery as Kesler usually take 1-2 years to get back to form. Giroux, for example, took about a year, but he was under 30 years old at the time; Rinne took around 2 years cause his hip got infected a while after surgery and that complicated things. There is hope 34 or 35 year old Kesler can play better than 33 year old Kesler.

Reactions: AngelDuck and Kalv

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
Kesler isn't going back to 55 point Selke Kesler. That's an unreasonable expectation. He's about to be 34 in a league where forwards are peaking at 25

What he can do, is get healthy and come back a contributing member to an effective depth line. This team is really screwed if he can't even do that. I worry he's sacrificing next year to play at 50% this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad