GDT: Blues @ Ducks 7pm PST

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
if I'm playing the Ducks, I'm posting my bruiser lineup for the game,
And coach McMatchup will make the Pavlovian response dressing all the Senior tour to combat that toughness, handing them the games

We are too poorly coached to pull this off....another wasted year of the core
The injury to Kesler is what has ruined us (not that we can blame Kes lol, he was so good by playing the way that made injuries so probable). Kes is playing 15 minutes a night now, has like 1 point in last 13 games or so and is not training, just playing in the games.
The best thing for us might be to miss the playoffs so the injury can heal better and hope for a next year. Without Kes we are toast anyway - and Bieksa decisions doesn`t help lol. I have been thinking this for some time now.
Not that I would hate to get in the playoffs though, I still hope we get in. But it`s clear Kes needs to take a break.

Reactions: AngelDuck

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
It's terrifying having a guy you've committed a significant amount of your budget to for the next 4 years after this one clearly playing injured and looking like he shouldn't be out there at times

I respect his courage and guts but at this point I really don't see a point to him being out there

The team made an investment to him WAY beyond these playoffs.

Reactions: Kalv

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
Horrible lineup choices, horrible distribution of ice time (maybe Hampus and Josh didn’t have greatest games but they’re one of the best shutdown pairings in the league, they should not be only getting 18 mins per night) and surprisingly horrible goaltending cost us 2 points we needed desperately.

Last edited:

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Horrible lineup choices, horrible distribution of ice time (maybe Hampus and Josh didn’t have greatest games but they’re one of the best shutdown pairings in the league, they should not be only getting 18 mins per night) and surprisingly horrible goaltending cost us 2 points we needed desperately.
Eh i dont think rc puts to much stock in if the pairing is having a not so good game. But when you have statistically 1 of the best d pairings in the league, you dont cut their mins. The fsct that fowler and montour have almost 8 mins more than lindholm and manson is hilariously bad coaching.

At least make the 8 min differential between 2nd pairing and 3rd not 1st and 2nd.

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
It's terrifying having a guy you've committed a significant amount of your budget to for the next 4 years after this one clearly playing injured and looking like he shouldn't be out there at times

I respect his courage and guts but at this point I really don't see a point to him being out there

The team made an investment to him WAY beyond these playoffs.
It was a risk we took and it can happen. What I am worried about now is that if he is possibly sacrificing his future play with playing games now. I hope not. Summer can`t start soon senough for him that`s why missing playoffs might not be the worst thing.

Reactions: AngelDuck
Oct 18, 2011
So the two games Randy has decided to run his geriatric 4th line and 5/6 D we have been way out played. I think the game has passed him by there was no reason to f*** with the lineup but he did it anyways

Masch78

Oct 5, 2017
I would not mind to hand the coaching job to Dallas Eakins next season. Unfortunately Randy is not able to let this team perform on a regular basis.

JabbaJabba

Dec 22, 2010
Finland
I don't like loser attitude but missing the playoffs would not be the worst thing. Get a bit better pick and even a shot at winning the draft lottery. Sure, playoffs are unpredictable and anything could happen, the Ducks are experienced playoff team and getting some Minnesota level team in the first round could get the team going. But this isn't a likely matchup, I'm confused once again how the playoff pairings would go but the Ducks would likely face Vegas or Preds in the first round right? In addition, like everyone else I have my doubts 'cos Kesler isn't healthy enough yet and likely won't be close to what he used to be when he recovers finally, so the dreaded Getzlaf-Kesler one-two-punch is no more. 4th line is a mess and so is the 3rd pairing and nowadays you need quality depth to succees, especially in playoffs. Just can't see a line of Kelly-Chimera-Whoever being anything else but a punching bag, while Bieksa-Beauchemin get embarassed in d zone.

Shortly, there's no point in getting into the playoffs and get beaten in the 1st round by Vegas or Nashville.

Reactions: Kalv

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
I just want to see the young guys get the 5th and 6th spot, and 3rd and 4th line spots... ther3 is absolutely no way a pairing of larsson/pettersson and welinski is worse than bieska and beauchmin. You want speed and skill make our 4th line roy kossila and terry/fiore to end the season.

At this point id rather miss playoffs and drop low enough to grab veleno... steel veleno morand and terry gives hope for our futur3

Mortal Wombat

Dec 7, 2014
Here comes the exact same collapse that the Leafs had with RC.
It actually wouldn't be that horrible. A long losing streak might be the only thing that could get RC fired, which in turn is the only way to salvage the NEXT season.

At this point, I'd rather be an Edmonton fan....this team sucks
bar-soap-liquid-soap-16x9.jpg

Masch78

Oct 5, 2017
Perry is 3+6 in his last 7 games.

I think under the right coach Perry is still a 20+40 guy. He had a lot of very good plays in the offensive zone over the last games. Kesler will also be better next year. The problem is we can not play a grinding game with the older players. They will wore down.

BiolaRunner

Jan 19, 2018
Tough game to watch. Bad lineup decisions, made worse by bad passing/turnovers leading to Blues' goals.

I think this was the first game I ever saw Henrique make some bad decisions with the puck

Reactions: DuckRogers10
Aug 11, 2011
Am Yisrael Chai
I think under the right coach Perry is still a 20+40 guy. He had a lot of very good plays in the offensive zone over the last games. Kesler will also be better next year. The problem is we can not play a grinding game with the older players. They will wore down.
Perry is that under this coach. He's also about a ppg in his last 20 or so. Outside of a couple weeks where he was recovering from his knee injury, he's been very good this year. He's not a top 10 goal scorer anymore, but he is still very much a first line winger. The talk of him being "done," or calling him Heatley, is just nuts.

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
Perry is that under this coach. He's also about a ppg in his last 20 or so. Outside of a couple weeks where he was recovering from his knee injury, he's been very good this year. He's not a top 10 goal scorer anymore, but he is still very much a first line winger. The talk of him being "done," or calling him Heatley, is just nuts.
Lately I have been thinking if he has finally ''recovered'' from those knee injuries. Last major one I think was against Calgary in the playoffs where he bent it really bad and it was I think 2015. It is not unusual for players to really come back to or close to the previous form in 1 or closer to 2 years. That fits Corey`s timeline as he have really looked dangerous in spurts this season. And that needs to be taken into account when we discuss Kesler, but that is another topic.

Duck Off

HF needs an App
Oct 25, 2002
Oklahoma
First time this year that I couldn't finish the game because of anger. So much shit spewing from everyone.

Carlyle is a f***ing moron. I don't care that Kelly got a point. He and Chimera are usless. Blues beat us with hard work and forechecking. Trading Wagner was a such stupid move when you think about who's on our 4th line. You simply don't subtract your most physical forward at the deadline. You just don't. Murray's obsession with thinking it's bad to have extra forwards after the deadline is beyond asinine.

Fowler was f***ing terrible. He looks incredibly sloppy and fatigued. Something needs to change but the f***tard dinosaur (Carlyle) is incapable of picking up on that.

Lindholm was not good, but he was way better than Fowler and getting that little of ice time is a damn joke.

Gibson wasn't good. He did his patented "let him fall forward when there's no reason" move that cost us one of the goals. Hard for me to bitch at him because he's been our MVP this year, but he was outplayed. We didn't lose this game because of goaltending though.

The Henrique line was terrible. Ritchie looked Chimera bad tonight.

Beauchemin-Bieksa... f*** you Carlyle. You f***ing idiot.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
First time this year that I couldn't finish the game because of anger. So much **** spewing from everyone.

Carlyle is a ****ing moron. I don't care that Kelly got a point. He and Chimera are usless. Blues beat us with hard work and forechecking. Trading Wagner was a such stupid move when you think about who's on our 4th line. You simply don't subtract your most physical forward at the deadline. You just don't. Murray's obsession with thinking it's bad to have extra forwards after the deadline is beyond asinine.

Fowler was ****ing terrible. He looks incredibly sloppy and fatigued. Something needs to change but the ****tard dinosaur (Carlyle) is incapable of picking up on that.

Lindholm was not good, but he was way better than Fowler and getting that little of ice time is a damn joke.

Gibson wasn't good. He did his patented "let him fall forward when there's no reason" move that cost us one of the goals. Hard for me to ***** at him because he's been our MVP this year, but he was outplayed. We didn't lose this game because of goaltending though.

The Henrique line was terrible. Ritchie looked Chimera bad tonight.

Beauchemin-Bieksa... **** you Carlyle. You ****ing idiot.

The Henrique line has been terrible for about a month now... basically whenever the "kase" thread was made on the mainboards hes been basically useless... Ritchie has been himself which is about a notch above useless. The 4th line is basically grant on his own. The kesler line hasn't done shit really since kesler has come back ... so basically were back to being a 1 line team.

RC is over playing Fowler and Montour... not a shot at them but really no reason for them to be played that much more than our 2nd pairing... I mean if your going to play fowler and Montour 26 mins can you at least play lindholm and manson 24... that leaves 10 mins for bieaska and beauchmin which is still about 9 mins and 50 seconds too much but ill accept it at this point.

Aug 11, 2011
Am Yisrael Chai
The Henrique line has been terrible for about a month now... basically whenever the "kase" thread was made on the mainboards hes been basically useless... Ritchie has been himself which is about a notch above useless. The 4th line is basically grant on his own. The kesler line hasn't done **** really since kesler has come back ... so basically were back to being a 1 line team.

This needs to be said more. While people are STILL busily flogging their rage Boninos over the Chimera/Kelly stuff, our 2nd and 3rd lines have a combined 15 points in their last 10 games. 5 from Silf, 4 each from Cogs and Henrique. They picked a horrible time to go ice cold. It'd be nice if we had a 4th line worth a damn, but swapping Wags/Brown for Kelly/Chimera changed exactly nothing on that front. Those 6-7 minute players aren't the reason we're as bad as we are. Playing anyone on that line over Grant, though, is just mind blowing. What in the world does this guy have to do to get a regular shift? Is it just the journeyman stink on him? Play the motherf***er.

RC is over playing Fowler and Montour... not a shot at them but really no reason for them to be played that much more than our 2nd pairing... I mean if your going to play fowler and Montour 26 mins can you at least play lindholm and manson 24... that leaves 10 mins for bieaska and beauchmin which is still about 9 mins and 50 seconds too much but ill accept it at this point.

I don't really have a problem with the defenseman deployment. He reunited Lindholm-Manson, which he's called his go to pairing, and he spotted them accordingly. The damage wasn't done against our top 4, it was the bottom 2. The problem was that damned 3rd pair. Bieksa hasn't been as bad as this board pretends but he is far and away our worst defenseman, well behind Pettersson even, and he should be getting the Holzer treatment. It's like RC is gas lighting us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad