Half-Assed GDT: Blues Canes: I Can't Think of Anything Witty Today, Sorry

Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX
I would sign vets to 1 year deals until they can be replaced, but we need to balance the kids being ready vs giving them playing time even if there are not.
It depends on the kid and the situation, but the idea is that we make those decisions based solely on what is best for that player's development. How close to ready are they? What is their personality? Will being thrown in deep end and told to swim help or hurt? I think it generally hurts most guys, but there are some who flourish in it. But we don't want to be the Sharks. If guy like Bolduc or Dvo or whomever needs more time to bake, we want to have actual nhl players in those roles. Kap and Hayes are fairly uninspired players (although Hayes is apparently great in room), they are i suspect still far better than if we had matt peca and adam gaudette playing those minutes.

Perunovich and Krug our #2 and #3 LD? Not sure I am happy with that.
i get that sounds bad, but they are 2ld and 3rd now. is that really better?

Celtic Note

Living the dream
Dec 22, 2006
It depends on the kid and the situation, but the idea is that we make those decisions based solely on what is best for that player's development. How close to ready are they? What is their personality? Will being thrown in deep end and told to swim help or hurt? I think it generally hurts most guys, but there are some who flourish in it. But we don't want to be the Sharks. If guy like Bolduc or Dvo or whomever needs more time to bake, we want to have actual nhl players in those roles. Kap and Hayes are fairly uninspired players (although Hayes is apparently great in room), they are i suspect still far better than if we had matt peca and adam gaudette playing those minutes.

i get that sounds bad, but they are 2ld and 3rd now. is that really better?
To clarify, I was talking about our UFAs. If we bring them back or doling others, do so on 1 year deals to prevent them from blocking the kids when ready. They can be easily moveable at the deadline on one year terms if they play well enough to entice interest and if a prospect shows ready. If we don’t project any prospects to be ready for a specific position for two years then maybe that is the exception. Or if we find a guy that fills a hole we cannot address with prospects, then we can go mid to long-term.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad