Half-Assed GDT: Blues Canes: I Can't Think of Anything Witty Today, Sorry

Robb_K

Apr 26, 2007
NordHolandNethrlands
I love when Rivers offers awesome insight like "The Blues need to play a little less in their own zone" when we're getting dominated.

Has Schenn been playing this awful all game? Two turnovers in about 10 seconds.
Well, after skating in cement most of regulation, he skated okay in The OT, and won the game for The Blues in The Shootout. So, he didn't play that awful ALL game. :cool:

Reactions: Snubbed4Vezina

Linkens Mastery

Conductor of the TankTown Express
Jan 15, 2014
Hyrule
Out of all of our UFAs only Sunny makes any sense to extend.

Vrana does not fit anywhere.

Kappy can skate, but he's replaceable with our prospects

I love Blais and I'm glad he's back, but, he has been completely ineffective this season.

Scandella is fine for who he is. But, we should be looking to upgrade or see what our prospects have.

Celtic Note

Living the dream
Dec 22, 2006

I love Blais and I'm glad he's back, but, he has been completely ineffective this season.

Scandella is fine for who he is. But, we should be looking to upgrade or see what our prospects have.
Sunny is a good enough placeholder for next year.

Reactions: Linkens Mastery

TheOrganist

Don't Call Him Alex
Feb 21, 2006
NGL the Canes as a tea, underwhelm me. Also Hayes does seems like he does a lot of stuff without actually doing anything or producing
Disagree. They are good. Well coached. Two games removed from beating the Rangers 6-1 on the road. They’ve had some bad injury luck post All Star break in recent years.

Spektre

Apr 10, 2010
Krynn
Mark this day on your calendar kids, Schenn just transformed into Rodimus Prime - he’s got THE TOUCH!

It figures Schenn had the game winner in the shootout because he played like absolute dog shit in regulation.

I didn’t play the Schenn game because I didn’t watch it live. I know I was saying wtf too many times because of Schenn.

kimzey59

Aug 16, 2003
I wasn't digging deep into the scouting report. Defensively solid and he's a right-handed shot, unlike Scandella.
Kessel has far better skating and puck skills than Bortuzzo ever had, and he's pretty solid defensively. Obviously, he lacks that Bortuzzo mean streak; but he definitely looks like he should be anchoring the #3RD spot until Faulk/Parayko leave. In fact, I'm not yet convinced that he can't be a solid second pairing guy. His defensive game is a lot better than I was really expecting.

Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX

i still think kappy could be back on 1-2 year deal. club doesn't want to rush prospects and i don't think any of them are likely to be ready to be counted on next year. like they might get games, but we are going to need vets to play tough minutes until the next wave is ready to contribute. none of this makes kap any good, but protecting the kids is i think still a priority. if we don't keep kap, i expect we will try to find similar vet on cheap deal..

kimzey59

Aug 16, 2003
i still think kappy could be back on 1-2 year deal. club doesn't want to rush prospects and i don't think any of them are likely to be ready to be counted on next year. like they might get games, but we are going to need vets to play tough minutes until the next wave is ready to contribute. none of this makes kap any good, but protecting the kids is i think still a priority. if we don't keep kap, i expect we will try to find similar vet on cheap deal..
A little bird told me David Perron is a pending UFA.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad