Alexey Toropchenko - Kevin Hayes - Kasperi Kapanen
Nathan Walker - Oskar Sundqvist - Jakub Vrana

Defense

Nick Leddy - Colton Parayko
Torey Krug - Matthew Kessel
Marco Scandella - Scott Perunovich

Goalie

Jordan Binnington

This is going to do wonders for the "maybe Vrana will get a chance" crowd. Also makes you wonder when (if) Tyler Tucker is ever getting back in the lineup.

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
Canes went with 11/7 last night due to injuries and illness to Necas, Fast and Noesen. Unless one of the has recovered, I would expect them to do the same tonight.

Svechnikov-Aho-Teravainen
Martinook-Staal-Jarvis
Some combination of Bunting, Kotkaniemi, Drury, Lemieux and Ponomarev (AHL call-up)

Slavin-Burns
Skjei-Pesce
Orlov-Chatfield
DeAngelo

Raanta likely in net.

GoldenSeal

Believe In The Note
Dec 1, 2013
Out West
Vrana and Thomas destroy the Canes, we get back our footing and we begin the climb back up into the race. You heard it here first, kids. Let's Go Blues!

Ted Hoffman

The other Rick Zombo
Dec 15, 2002
probably when he figures out how to turn without getting burnt

his feet are why he is sitting. they aren't nhl calibre at this point. until he can skate at nhl level, he won't be an effective player.
I'm not going to do this - goodness knows I've got a shitload of other things going on already - but I'd love to go back and see people's comments on Tucker after about 2-3 games and compare projections on his future to comments like this and see how often Tucker got overvalued relative to the current view on him.

Because I suspect this happens way more often than people want to admit, and even if someone pointed it out it wouldn't stop people from hyper-projecting over 2-3 games.

kimzey59

Aug 16, 2003
1704590839688.png

Ted Hoffman

The other Rick Zombo
Dec 15, 2002
"Parayko has 7 goals through 37 games, he might get over 10 this season and set a career high!"

Parayko had 5 through 14 his rookie season, then didn't score another goal for the next 17, didn't score in the next 20 after that, didn't score in 19 after that, then had 2 in the final 7.

The next season he had 4 goals in 11 games ... in between starting the season with 0 goals in 40 games and ending it with 0 goals in 30 games.

2018-19: he had 7 through 30 games, 8 through 38. He had 2 in the final 42.

2019-20: he had 10 in 64, but had 0 through the first 15 and 2 through 46, then had 8 in the next 17.

Moral of the story here: don't start penciling him in for 15 or anything. Maybe go with 10. His history suggests he's got a 20-25 goalless, 2-in-40 stretch coming.

Robb_K

Apr 26, 2007
NordHolandNethrlands
Right through Binnington's legs. Clearly he wasn't able to track the puck. Maybe one or more of the skaters in front of him screened it perfectly. A shame because the penalty was almost killed off.

Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX
I'm not going to do this - goodness knows I've got a shitload of other things going on already - but I'd love to go back and see people's comments on Tucker after about 2-3 games and compare projections on his future to comments like this and see how often Tucker got overvalued relative to the current view on him.

Because I suspect this happens way more often than people want to admit, and even if someone pointed it out it wouldn't stop people from hyper-projecting over 2-3 games.
I've been saying ever since he first came up last year that I didn't think he skated well enough to be legit nhl player. It's not impossible that he could improve skating enough- or become so tuned in that he anticipates play well enough to compensate for crappy skating- but I think it's mostly wishful thinking. It's a shame, bc he seems like a good guy who has worked really hard to get to this point, but the games is just so fast and he.. isn't.

Reactions: JR1 and Ted Hoffman

Robb_K

Apr 26, 2007
NordHolandNethrlands
The Blues had an okay 1st Period, playing with discipline, holding The Canes to one PP goal. It was nice to see the hustling Walker score. But, they'll need to get their offence clicking better. They had a few good chances. They'll need to get more, while still keeping The Canes' held down.

Reactions: i aint Dunn yet

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad