Prospect Info: Blues 2023-2024 Prospect Thread

TK 421

Barbashev eats babies pass it on
Sep 12, 2007
Looks like Bolduc and Dean will play in Springfield’s last two games this weekend. I wonder if Dvorsky will join them since they got swept tonight?

I would certainly hope so, it's a critical assessment opportunity but he has 0 practices with the team where Bolduc and Dean are back in an already familiar environment. Great question and I hope they can squeeze him in at least 1 game.

Mike Liut

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 12, 2008
Pekarcik is exciting. Him and Stenberg, I can't wait

I’ve only seen a few highlights of Pekarcik, but the ones I saw he was very physical and relentless. He reminded me of a young Sobotka with with relentless style. This is before Sobotka got his bigger contract and decided he was a skilled player instead of a banger.

Frenzy31

May 21, 2003
I am pretty excited about Lindstein. I think he may be the most important prospect in the system right now.

Reactions: Blueston

Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX
Brynas won the promotion playoffs today and will be promoted from Alvansken back into Elite League. This is great news for us, as Lindstein can play next year in SEL and do so for team that he has roots in and is invested in him (exact opposite of dvo situation this year). This seems like ideal place for him to continue to develop next year.

PerryTurnbullfan

Sep 30, 2006
Penalty Box
I’ve only seen a few highlights of Pekarcik, but the ones I saw he was very physical and relentless. He reminded me of a young Sobotka with with relentless style. This is before Sobotka got his bigger contract and decided he was a skilled player instead of a banger.
He can really dish the puck from the wing. He is known by other teams and announcers (listening to their broadcasts) for his ability to send a nice accurate pass for one timers..

Reactions: Mike Liut

Celtic Note

Living the dream
Dec 22, 2006
Brynas won the promotion playoffs today and will be promoted from Alvansken back into Elite League. This is great news for us, as Lindstein can play next year in SEL and do so for team that he has roots in and is invested in him (exact opposite of dvo situation this year). This seems like ideal place for him to continue to develop next year.
Really exciting news!

Pekarcik is exciting. Him and Stenberg, I can't wait
These are the two I am most excited to see what they become from an entertainment and not a “we need them critically standpoint”.

STL fan in MN

Aug 16, 2007
4 game sweep too. No points but +2 today. Had a goal and assist in Game 3.

Nice accomplishment. Hopefully Brynas can add a few quality players over the summer so they’re not demolished next season and sent right back to the Allsvenskan. Glad Lindstein is heading back to the SHL but probably wouldn’t be great to be on a team getting caved in every night.

Dvorsky’s former team Oskarshamn will be relegated to the Allsvenskan.

Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX
4 game sweep too. No points but +2 today. Had a goal and assist in Game 3.

Nice accomplishment. Hopefully Brynas can add a few quality players over the summer so they’re not demolished next season and sent right back to the Allsvenskan. Glad Lindstein is heading back to the SHL but probably wouldn’t be great to be on a team getting caved in every night.

Dvorsky’s former team Oskarshamn will be relegated to the Allsvenskan.
they won 12/13 in playoffs. only loss was in overtime game 3 to stenberg's team. after leading league by 17 points in regular season. all in all, fairly dominant run to get back to elite league.

stl76

No. 5 in your programs, No. 1 in your hearts
Jul 2, 2015
Yep. This is their lineup from a few days ago. If he had committed to a college program, that school’s logo would be to the right of his name.

I wonder if the plan for him is to go pro next season? 🤷‍♂️

Do you (or anyone else) remember which CHL team owns his rights?

I was thinking it was a somewhat poorly regarded QMJHL team that the Blues and/or Juraj didn’t want to play for but not 100% sure…

Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX
Do you (or anyone else) remember which CHL team owns his rights?

I was thinking it was a somewhat poorly regarded QMJHL team that the Blues and/or Juraj didn’t want to play for but not 100% sure…
It was a team in q, yes, which is why he is playing in ushl. folks were saying on main board, however, that team that drafted him currently has 2 imorts and to bring in 2nd they would have had to relinquish his rights. not sure if that is accurate and not sure if that makes him free to sign with a chl team that we and he prefer. anyone know how that works?

STL fan in MN

Aug 16, 2007
It was a team in q, yes, which is why he is playing in ushl. folks were saying on main board, however, that team that drafted him currently has 2 imorts and to bring in 2nd they would have had to relinquish his rights. not sure if that is accurate and not sure if that makes him free to sign with a chl team that we and he prefer. anyone know how that works?
To answer stl76’s question, his rights are owned by the Acadie-Bathurst Titan. Don’t think there’s a mechanism that would allow for him to sign with a different team but I’m not intricately familiar with CHL rights or their import draft.

Reactions: stl76

Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX
Yep. This is their lineup from a few days ago. If he had committed to a college program, that school’s logo would be to the right of his name.

I wonder if the plan for him is to go pro next season? 🤷‍♂️

his goal total is a bit concerning. anyone watch him enough to opine on why? is it poor shot, intability to get it off, too perimeter oriented, or just bad luck that keeps him from scoring?

ezcreepin

Dec 5, 2016
his goal total is a bit concerning. anyone watch him enough to opine on why? is it poor shot, intability to get it off, too perimeter oriented, or just bad luck that keeps him from scoring?
I'm not too concerned about his goal totals. He seems to be a pass first player unless there are other playmakers on his line. If you look at his international stats, he scores at a higher rate than he did in the USHL. He had one of the higher pts/game averages in the league and he also played between 10-18 games less than his highest scoring teammates. He was 1 assist away from tying in most assists in the league - whether or not it's because there are a lot of shooters on his team or he got lucky, idk, but he clearly has a ton of skill anywhere he goes.

From videos I've seen, he skates pretty well and has good hockey sense and passing to feed his teammates. I'd have to go back and look more intently to give you a more concise read on him, but I'd be more concerned 3 or so years down the line and he's having trouble putting goals in.

I am curious if we keep an eye on Pahlsson. He could center Snuggy next season.
He's a RW so unless he converts well, idk if he's going to center a line. But I am interested in him.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
I'm not too concerned about his goal totals. He seems to be a pass first player unless there are other playmakers on his line. If you look at his international stats, he scores at a higher rate than he did in the USHL. He had one of the higher pts/game averages in the league and he also played between 10-18 games less than his highest scoring teammates. He was 1 assist away from tying in most assists in the league - whether or not it's because there are a lot of shooters on his team or he got lucky, idk, but he clearly has a ton of skill anywhere he goes.

From videos I've seen, he skates pretty well and has good hockey sense and passing to feed his teammates. I'd have to go back and look more intently to give you a more concise read on him, but I'd be more concerned 3 or so years down the line and he's having trouble putting goals in.

He's a RW so unless he converts well, idk if he's going to center a line. But I am interested in him.
He's C in the lines and that's what Gopher fans projected him as.

Bonin21

May 1, 2014
Pahlsson will have a chance to jump straight to 2C, and yes I'd try that with Snuggerud because Pitlick Moore Snuggerud didn't work. And don't do Wood Moore Snuggerud because two of those guys can't skate well and one can fly.

Pitlick Moore Wood
Lamb/Kurth Pahlsson Snuggerud

Reactions: Drubilly

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad