Prospect Info: Blues 2023-2024 Prospect Thread

ezcreepin

Dec 5, 2016

Jesus christ Dvorsky has an uncanny ability to get body position on like every play. The last guy to protect the puck as well as him is Perron and after that I couldn't tell you. Also his skating is a knock on him, but with longer, stronger strides, he's easily going to overcome any sort of speed issues he'll face in the NHL.

Bluesnatic27

Aug 5, 2011
Just some quick notes from prospect camp while I’m on my phone:

Juraj Pekarcik is going to be a fan favorite if he progresses the way I think he can. He’s plays that Fantilli style of hockey. That great mixture of power and havoc combined with his tools. He’s clumsy, but he’s exciting.

Aleksi Kaskimaki has been the most disappointing player thus far. Watching him play is like watching a finesse player in slow motion. He was such fluid mechanics and skills. But they’re completely ineffective at speed.

Ivan Vorobyov is the most surprising player here. He seems to have hands of stone when receiving pucks and trying to move with it. Yet, he’s got some Pavelski-like hand eye coordination. He bats pucks out of the air, no matter the angle, like it’s the easiest thing in the world. Combine that with his creativity plus seemingly good spatial awareness and I think he has some untapped potential.

I’ll try to organize my thoughts better than when I’m by a computer. These were only some thoughts I wanted to share while I had time. I will definitely review all Blues owned prospects and a few invites is they stand out. Goalies are something I don’t feel comfortable evaluating so I probably will avoid Zherenko and Cranley albeit for some quick thoughts I had.

I haven’t really reviewed the Big 3 yet in Snuggles, Dvorsky, and Bolduc. But needless to say, they look good.

Also, Dean, Burns, and Malmstrom haven’t been here the last two days.

Last edited:

DatDude44

Hmmmm?
Feb 23, 2012
Stancl kid is really intriguing. Love his skating and puck protection combined with size. Looked really good in the practice today, wasn’t clunky with the puck either. Wanna see him in game situations now(later today)

Stenberg was ridiculous today, luv his release and wheels. Gonna be a high compete kid that can fill the net.

Dvorsky looked real nice, polished, once he adds some man strength he’ll be a hell of a player

Pekarcik looked lost in terms of understanding the details of the drills lmao but luv his tools and obviously that goal yesterday was disgusting, definitely still mentally a child lol

Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX
Just some quick notes from prospect camp while I’m on my phone:

Juraj Pekarcik is going to be a fan favorite if he progresses the way I think he can. He’s plays that Fantilli style of hockey. That great mixture of power and havoc combined with his tools. He’s clumsy, but he’s exciting.

Aleksi Kaskimaki has been the most disappointing player thus far. Watching him play is like watching a finesse player in slow motion. He was such fluid mechanics and skills. But they’re completely ineffective at speed.

Ivan Vorobyov is the most surprising player here. He seems to have hands of stone when receiving pucks and trying to move with it. Yet, he’s got some Pavelski-like hand eye coordination. He bats pucks out of the air, no matter the angle, like it’s the easiest thing in the world. Combine that with his creativity plus seemingly good spatial awareness and I think he has some untapped potential.

I’ll try to organize my thoughts better than when I’m by a computer. These were only some thoughts I wanted to share while I had time. I will definitely review all Blues owned prospects and a few invites is they stand out. Goalies are something I don’t feel comfortable evaluating so I probably will avoid Zherenko and Cranley albeit for some quick thoughts I had.

I haven’t really reviewed the Big 3 yet in Snuggles, Dvorsky, and Bolduc. But needless to say, they look good.

Also, Dean, Burns, and Malmstrom haven’t been here the last two days.
Dean apparently his equipment hadn’t arrived. The other 2 I think may be hurt.

Stancl kid is really intriguing. Love his skating and puck protection combined with size. Looked really good in the practice today, wasn’t clunky with the puck either. Wanna see him in game situations now(later today)

Stenberg was ridiculous today, luv his release and wheels. Gonna be a high compete kid that can fill the net.

Dvorsky looked real nice, polished, once he adds some man strength he’ll be a hell of a player

Pekarcik looked lost in terms of understanding the details of the drills lmao but luv his tools and obviously that goal yesterday was disgusting, definitely still mentally a child lol
Pekarcik is intriguing. If he never mentally learns to process game with his size, speed, and hands can still be effective bottom 6 guy. If he learns to process, could be steal of draft.

MortiestOfMortys

Jun 27, 2015
Denver, CO
From Matt DeFrank’s article in the post dispatch:

While Stancl had a painless travel day, 2023 third-round pick Juraj Pekarcik wasn’t so lucky. Pekarcik’s bags were lost in Vienna as he travelled to Nashville for the draft, and he took the ice on Saturday without his own gear, and using what appeared to be Calle Rosen’s stick.
And…
Quinton Burns (2023 third-round pick) and Landon Sim (2022 sixth-round pick) were injured. Leo Loof (2020 third-round pick) had visa issues but is expected to play for Springfield this season. Zach Dean (acquired from Vegas for Ivan Barbashev) had issues getting his equipment after flying.

Reactions: Blueston and mk80

tfriede2

Aug 8, 2010
Did they run late yesterday too? Supposed to be on the ice at 1:30 and still nothing.

STL fan in MN

Aug 16, 2007
From Matt DeFrank’s article in the post dispatch:

And…
So, Pekarcik was able to cobble together equipment and snipe 2 goals using a d-man’s stick but Dean couldn’t take the ice because of the same issue?

Seems odd as clearly the Blues should have all sorts of spare gear laying around but whatever. Skates that the guys would feel comfortable skating in would be the trickiest part.

Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX
So, Pekarcik was able to cobble together equipment and snipe 2 goals using a d-man’s stick but Dean couldn’t take the ice because of the same issue?

Seems odd as clearly the Blues should have all sorts of spare gear laying around but whatever. Skates that the guys would feel comfortable skating in would be the trickiest part.
My assumption was it was missing skates that was real issue.

Reactions: STL fan in MN

Majorityof1

Mar 6, 2014
Central Florida

They also went out and bought a whole set of goalie equipment when Zherevkov had issues getting his equipment here last year. Granted that was training camp and he was slated to play in a pre-season game. But they could have gone and bought the kid some skates.

tfriede2

Aug 8, 2010
I think we hit a HR on this one.
His first goal showed high hockey IQ, IMO. When he didn’t see a pass option, he cut around in the corner (just like Thomas - just envision that), then he went straight to the net and scored on a snipe. He’s one of those players that when the puck is on his stick, you expect something to happen. I think he passed up a couple of pass opportunities in tight, but can’t really blame him for taking the shot instead.

Lindstein looked cool under pressure, high hockey IQ.

Dickinson was the fastest guy out there - he looked fully recovered from his broken leg.

One guy who stood out was Huard - looked like a guy who could play on the 4th line and not look out of place.

ChuckLefley

Jan 5, 2016
His first goal showed high hockey IQ, IMO. When he didn’t see a pass option, he cut around in the corner (just like Thomas - just envision that), then he went straight to the net and scored on a snipe. He’s one of those players that when the puck is on his stick, you expect something to happen. I think he passed up a couple of pass opportunities in tight, but can’t really blame him for taking the shot instead.

Lindstein looked cool under pressure, high hockey IQ.

Dickinson was the fastest guy out there - he looked fully recovered from his broken leg.

One guy who stood out was Huard - looked like a guy who could play on the 4th line and not look out of place.
Huard is a defenseman.

Dvorsky and Bolduc look great together.

Was Snuggerud here yesterday? Not playing in the scrimmage
Yes, he practiced and played yesterday. Buchinger was also out today.

He is one of the coaches there, so probably.
D’Agostini is there two, but I didn’t see a third round pick.

abel17

May 28, 2009
Huard is a defenseman.

Dvorsky and Bolduc look great together.

Yes, he practiced and played yesterday. Buchinger was also out today.

D’Agostini is there two, but I didn’t see a third round pick.
Not sure if we were watching the same practices/scrimmages. I've been at both days and Bolduc has been the biggest disappointment for me BY FAR of camp.

He should be head and shoulders above the rest of these guys (including Dvorsky) and I left camp today thinking Bolduc will never be a quality NHLer. He doesn't have the style to play in the bottom 6 and doesn't have the compete to play in the top 6.

Frenzy31

May 21, 2003
Not sure if we were watching the same practices/scrimmages. I've been at both days and Bolduc has been the biggest disappointment for me BY FAR of camp.

He should be head and shoulders above the rest of these guys (including Dvorsky) and I left camp today thinking Bolduc will never be a quality NHLer. He doesn't have the style to play in the bottom 6 and doesn't have the compete to play in the top 6.

This camp doesn’t mean anything too him. Other guys have stuff to prove, it may be him going through the motions. Especially concerning the 4v4 and 3v3. For other guys is it a chance to make an impression.

Reactions: PerryTurnbullfan

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad