Prospect Info: Blues 2023-2024 Prospect Thread

stl76

No. 5 in your programs, No. 1 in your hearts
Jul 2, 2015
Contrast that with how his season started in Sweden. Really glad he came over.
Same. I figured the Blues would leave him in Sweden till after the WJC but really glad I was wrong and they made the moves they did. Seems to be working out very well for the player and the org.

Damian Frerker

Jun 17, 2021
looks like stenberg has been good in the playoffs. what’s this kids ceiling? seems like another gamer. love it. could be a great pick.

Frenzy31

May 21, 2003
looks like stenberg has been good in the playoffs. what’s this kids ceiling? seems like another gamer. love it. could be a great pick.

Based on the reports - similar player to Steen. Could be a solid 50 point forward that plays good D.

Damian Frerker

Jun 17, 2021
i really appreciate everyone’s response. i got a lot of sruff on my mind in this “retool” so more question are coming. Cheers

Reactions: Blueston

Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX
blues have 3 draft picks that we have to sign this summer or lose.

landon sim of london knights is a forward we need to sign by june 1st. he was hurt early this year, but knighs have been transformed since he's returned. seems to do a lot right out on ice. i liked him in prospect camp (think was last year?) too. he isn't that big and his numbers don't really pop, but i see a middle 6 winger you win with. i would sign him.

noah beck of clarkson is a d that we need to sign by 8/15, i initially liked him in my viewings of clarkson, but not anymore. he seems to have peaked 2 years ago and then regressed. i wouldn't sign him.

dylan peterson is a f on bu (who will be in frozen 4 next week) who we need to sign by 8/15. big kid who skates well. had been a center but his lack of offensive instincts pushed him to wing. production is middling but he gets ice time on really good team for a reason. not afraid to throw his body around and when he fills out he could be a torpo-type terror on forecheck. i've come around on him. i would sign him.

what do y'all think?

STL fan in MN

Aug 16, 2007

landon sim of london knights is a forward we need to sign by june 1st. he was hurt early this year, but knighs have been transformed since he's returned. seems to do a lot right out on ice. i liked him in prospect camp (think was last year?) too. he isn't that big and his numbers don't really pop, but i see a middle 6 winger you win with. i would sign him.

noah beck of clarkson is a d that we need to sign by 8/15, i initially liked him in my viewings of clarkson, but not anymore. he seems to have peaked 2 years ago and then regressed. i wouldn't sign him.

dylan peterson is a f on bu (who will be in frozen 4 next week) who we need to sign by 8/15. big kid who skates well. had been a center but his lack of offensive instincts pushed him to wing. production is middling but he gets ice time on really good team for a reason. not afraid to throw his body around and when he fills out he could be a torpo-type terror on forecheck. i've come around on him. i would sign him.

what do y'all think?
Peterson is the only one I’d sign. He has stone hands and not much offensive sense but he has size, speed and puts out good effort. That could make for a decent bottom-6 forward in time.

stl76

Jul 2, 2015
Agreed on Peterson. Not sure he has the puck skills to make it in the NHL, but his size, skating, and compete level are intriguing enough to offer a contact IMO.

mk80

Jul 30, 2012

what do y'all think?
Regarding Beck, even if we were wanting to sign him, he did recently elect to transfer to ASU for his 5th year season

Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX
Regarding Beck, even if we were wanting to sign him, he did recently elect to transfer to ASU for his 5th year season

had not seen that. thanks. this presumably means we aren't going to sign him. he likely transferred trying to increase his chances of securing ELC next year since he seemingly knew he wasn't getting one this year.

Reactions: mk80

STL fan in MN

Aug 16, 2007
had not seen that. thanks. this presumably means we aren't going to sign him. he likely transferred trying to increase his chances of securing ELC next year since he seemingly knew he wasn't getting one this year.
A logical assumption.

Fun fact: Tyler Tucker’s twin brother Jesse plays for Clarkson as well.

Reactions: mk80 and Blueston

Celtic Note

Living the dream
Dec 22, 2006

what do y'all think?
Is this a matter of prospects being good enough to sign or are contract limits more a factor?

Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX
Buchinger's season with Guelph is done. I wonder if he'll sign a ATO with Springfield to finish the season.

Also: 3 assists for Dvorsky to advance to the next round.
buch2 has already signed his elc. I believe we can just assign him to Springfield. His contract should slide since he won’t hit nhl games played for it to count as a year.

Is this a matter of prospects being good enough to sign or are contract limits more a factor?
We have enough contract slots that we couid sign them, but question is whether they are good enough prospects to spend one of 50 slots. I’d rather sign guy like sim and not retain guy like washkurak who will be 23 and still isn’t good AHL player.

PerryTurnbullfan

Sep 30, 2006
Penalty Box
Another player you’re missing I think needs to be signed sooner rather than later is Simon Robertsson. I really think the blues need to sign him and bring him over and see what he can do. He was picked to go much higher in the draft and has a lot of talent. Wasn’t that many years ago that he wasn’t the second best player in camp. His SHL team had a reason for wanting him on their playoff roster rather than leave him Where he was on Brynas.

mk80

Jul 30, 2012
With the Sun Devils entering the NCHC next season, he’ll definitely get a lot of eyes from scouts on him.

Drubilly

Sep 23, 2018
Collinsville
Another player you’re missing I think needs to be signed sooner rather than later is Simon Robertsson. I really think the blues need to sign him and bring him over and see what he can do. He was picked to go much higher in the draft and has a lot of talent. Wasn’t that many years ago that he wasn’t the second best player in camp. His SHL team had a reason for wanting him on their playoff roster rather than leave him Where he was on Brynas.
I still got the hopes for Robertsson.

STL fan in MN

Aug 16, 2007
Blues have another year to decide on Robertsson. I don’t see it with him but he’s a borderline case IMO.

ezcreepin

Dec 5, 2016
How disappointed would you be if Snuggs only turns into Hoffman?
If he did, then it would be massive regression in overall playstyle from him. If that were to happen, then I'd be pretty disappointed. In terms of putting up points, I'd be a bit disappointed he wasn't able to reach an Oshie ceiling, but he isn't afraid to put the body on someone, he hounds the puck, and he has pretty great offensive instincts, not to mention his shot is elite. I'd say on a scale of 5, I'd be about a 2 or 3 in disappointment if he ended up as Hoffman.

I think with his shot, he has a chance to be a 300 goal scorer if not more, but he's going to have to dial in on his consistency and then improve the other areas of his game a bit.

Reactions: Mike Liut

Beauterham

Aug 19, 2018
Blues have another year to decide on Robertsson. I don’t see it with him but he’s a borderline case IMO.

We handed out ELC's to guys like Musil, Kaspick and Bleackley in the past... Not saying Robertsson is a sure thing to ever becoming an NHL-player, but he's definitely not worse than the names mentioned. Same goes for Dylan Peterson. Might as well sign them and see how they'll progress. Worst case, they can fill some necessary rosterspots for Springfield.

stl76

Jul 2, 2015
Watching 67s game and Mayich rubbed oncoming rusher out into the corner, defenestrated him, rushed down ice and hammered their defenseman on the forecheck, and then came back and crosschecked a forward in front of 67s net. All on 1 shift! I think we are gonna like him.
He threw him out a window?!

:sarcasm:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad