Pre-Game Talk: blue jackets @ RANGERS 1/31 7:00pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
I would claim him, but I don't think the Rangers will.

What would we have to lose? He was a 7th round(184th) draft pick by the Thrashers (remember them?) Could be the right situation where we could luck out and get the very bestbout of a 28 year old defenseman, in which he may realize this may be his last shot.......ala Stralman, Clendening, Holden and a guy named Steve Eminger before them.

You know, players that have been around or sometimes not given enough of a shot to prove themselves while they mature.

Revel

Dark Sky Enthusiast
Oct 20, 2015
Dunning–Krugerville
What would we have to lose? He was a 7th round(184th) draft pick by the Thrashers (remember them?) Could be the right situation where we could luck out and get the very bestbout of a 28 year old defenseman, in which he may realize this may be his last shot.......ala Stralman, Clendening, Holden and a guy named Steve Eminger before them.

You know, players that have been around or sometimes not given enough of a shot to prove themselves while they mature.

Clendo has been playing very well, with 8 points in 18 games and a CF% over 55. Excellent numbers. No reason to replace him as our #7.

Girardi will play until rigor mortis sets in on his cold, dead corpse.

Klein will not be given up on, despite a rough year. Too much experience & big-time toughness.

Our Lefties arent going anywhere, either. Skjei needs to continue developing, Staal is a stalwart...whether we like it or not, Holden has been excellent, and McD is McD.

I just don't see it. It's possible this guy gets picked up before he even reaches the Rangers in the order of things on the waiver list. Many teams would seriously consider picking up a free RHD that's 6'2" 200lbs with great possession numbers and PP experience. I think he gets picked up before the Rangers even get an opportunity. I could be wrong about that, but I think he gets taken by someone.

ponytrekker

Mar 28, 2013
Clendo has been playing very well, with 8 points in 18 games and a CF% over 55. Excellent numbers. No reason to replace him as our #7.

Klein will not be given up on, despite a rough year. Too much experience & big-time toughness.

Our Lefties arent going anywhere, either. Skjei needs to continue developing, Staal is a stalwart...whether we like it or not, Holden has been excellent, and McD is McD.

I just don't see it. It's possible this guy gets picked up before he even reaches the Rangers in the order of things on the waiver list. Many teams would seriously consider picking up a free RHD that's 6'2" 200lbs with great possession numbers and PP experience. I think he gets picked up before the Rangers even get an opportunity. I could be wrong about that, but I think he gets taken by someone.
Speaking of which Staal skating. What does that mean? Clendo in for Klein or back in the press box?

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
Woohoo! I'm going to this game, I hope it's a good one. I have a pretty good record of winning, I think I'm on a long winning streak. The only other game I went to this year was our 5-0 rout of St. Louis.

Boruto

Jun 27, 2011
Gotta Make Former Avalanche Players great again. Hunwick is now an alternate captain. Holden is now one of the leading even strength producers in the league. Redmond will be a discount Nick Lidstrom if we pick him up.

nevesis

Sponsor
Jan 3, 2008
NY
Maybe we can wait until he actually shows some consistency

People claimed his career was over, and then did this in the last 4 straight games.

3-1-0, .945 SV%, 1.50 GAA, 1 SO

Team playing better in front of him, and him getting confidence back = the Hank we all know and love.

His career isn't over, but it's fun to see you and others here claim it is only to be proven wrong, again.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
People claimed his career was over, and then did this in the last 4 straight games.

Team playing better in front of him, and him getting confidence back = the Hank we all know and love.

His career isn't over, but it's fun to see you and others here claim it is only to be proven wrong, again.

You are basing it on 4 games. Seriously?

Hire Sather

He Is Our Star
Oct 4, 2002
Connecticut

and what about the 3 or 4 games before that where he gave up 16 goals? I think it was 3 games..

Similar sample sizes. Sounds like inconsistancy to me, hopefully he's on his way back.

Nobody with a brain actually believes his "career is over" but all anyone can say right now is hopefully he is on the track to getting his game back.

No bows are to be taken yet.

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
My all-time fave along with "Steady Eddie".

t5m0x0.jpg

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida

I dont think you're wrong, pretty sure i mentioned that as well. What like 23 other teams have a shot before us?.....bound to be taken, but you never know. I would grab him though, i think he has something good to give.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY

I'm rooting for his career not to be over. But he had an amazing 4 games before he started bleeding goals. Before you tell everyone "I told you so" you might want to wait for a larger sample size.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
Funny how the past 10+ years means nothing to some people when discussing consistency.

Because what he did over the last 10 years doesn't mean anything when judging his current form. Nobody is denying he was a great goalie for many years.

chosen

Aug 2, 2005
ASPG
They really killed the allstar game and some activities.

If it aint broke dont fix it!

The All Star Game has sucked since 1968. Used to be the reigning Stanley Cup champ played a team made up of all-stars from other teams.

Jan 8, 2012
NY
It was broke and there is no fixing it.

For me and some others, there is no making the all star game interesting.

I didn't watch but I heard Ovechkin was blocking shots yesterday? What is that? Get out of the way how can you risk getting hurt in that travesty of a hockey game yesterday?

Mcdonagh's blocked shot saved the game for the metro.

Thirty One

Safe is safe.
Dec 28, 2003
Torts apparently loves dogs even more than he loves people.

If you can believe that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad