Series Talk: Round 1: Predators vs. Canucks

What will be the result of Preds vs. Cancuks series?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

ShagDaddy

Nov 24, 2021
The Boro
Problem with that assessment is that no one else really got a shot outside of Parssinen and Tomasino. One got screwed by the coach, the other may not be a fit, but even a guy like Afanasyev who earned a longer look didn't get one.

I feel like we should have been getting guys games from Milwaukee, even if it was a short stint, just to let them get a taste of how things are. We wasted time on guys like Foudy and Fagemo but didn't really do something similar with the guys we already had.
Just curious, do you have AHLtv and watch all the Admirals games?

Cashville

RIP Lindback
Apr 12, 2011
Denver
I always complain to myself about how Preds never get National coverage. Well be careful what you ask for, because we are getting it now.
*monkey paw curls*

Man, I would like to consider myself level-headed as far as sports fans go, but god that game was brutal. It's so bad, I can barely watch other NHL games right now because they keep showing highlights of the comeback during every other game.

Loyal Legion

Nov 24, 2019
As I continue to recover and misery usually loves company.

2013 1st round game 7

Leafs blow 3 goal lead in 3rd period, including giving up 2 goals in final 2 minutes and lose game 7 in OT.

IMG_5109.jpeg

Reactions: Cashville

Scoresberg

In Trotz We Trust?
May 28, 2015
Earth
What is next year's team looking like? For me, there are some obvious choices:

Walk:

Beauvillier
Carrier
Sherwood
Barrie

Re-sign:

Zucker
Lankinen

Trade:

Saros -> 10th OA

Head into next year:

Forsberg - O'Reilly - Evangelista
Zucker - Parssinen - Nyquist
L'Heureux - Sissons - UFA
Smith - Novak - Afanasyev
McCarron

Still not great but at least inject some youth in there and see what happens. We now know what happens with Sherwood and company and it ain't much.

Josi - Pesce/X
McDonagh - Fabbro
Statsney - Schenn/Lauzon
Schenn/Lauzon

Molendyk has an outside shot of making the team but given how Trotz has talked about over-cooking the prospects, I have a hard time seeing it, though.

Lankinen
Askarov

Bold choice to go here but I think it's time to make this move. Lankinen's at least an 1B option and Askarov could hold his own as the back-up. I think we've seen where this Saros express takes us and it's not to the Cup.

Reactions: bdub24

herzausstein

Aug 31, 2014
West Virginia
I'm surprised at how many people could actually see the GDT tbh. I was surprised how many comments there were lol.

I'm still extremely frustrated by this team and that collapse. We could easily be up 3-1 in the series and instead we are very likely to lose 4-1. I know this season is like finding a $20 in your sofa, but we had them where we wanted them not once, but twice... and we let them off the hook.

I know Edmonton would've blown us up, but at least win one series... brutal.

Not sure why Fabbro hasn't been playing more this season but boy, was he a welcome addition. Him and Barrie should be in for next game... get Carrier off the ice.
Fabbro was given 12:45 of TOI including just 5 shifts in the 3rd period (one of which was 8 seconds at the end of the period after it was tied up). Carrier had 22:29 of TOI. You may see Barrie but it will be at the expense of Fabbro.

Lug

Jul 3, 2013
Chapel Hill,TN
What is next year's team looking like? For me, there are some obvious choices:

Walk:

Beauvillier
Carrier
Sherwood
Barrie

Re-sign:

Zucker
Lankinen

Trade:

Saros -> 10th OA

Head into next year:

Forsberg - O'Reilly - Evangelista
Zucker - Parssinen - Nyquist
L'Heureux - Sissons - UFA
Smith - Novak - Afanasyev
McCarron

Still not great but at least inject some youth in there and see what happens. We now know what happens with Sherwood and company and it ain't much.

Josi - Pesce/X
McDonagh - Fabbro
Statsney - Schenn/Lauzon
Schenn/Lauzon

Molendyk has an outside shot of making the team but given how Trotz has talked about over-cooking the prospects, I have a hard time seeing it, though.

Lankinen
Askarov

Bold choice to go here but I think it's time to make this move. Lankinen's at least an 1B option and Askarov could hold his own as the back-up. I think we've seen where this Saros express takes us and it's not to the Cup.
I'm hoping Trotz does a little more with our 19M in projected cap space. Top 6 forward would be nice to move Zucker down to 3rd line maybe? 1st line C would be even better, but would take a miracle.

drwpreds

Mar 19, 2012
Birmingham
Watching Dallas clinch game with empty net goal last night- I don't know about anyone else, but now every time I watch a team successfully kill of an end of the game 5 on 6 situation with an empty net goal is just hard to take. Going to take a long, long time for that feeling to go away- lol

weeze

May 2, 2011
Illinois
Watching Dallas clinch game with empty net goal last night- I don't know about anyone else, but now every time I watch a team successfully kill of an end of the game 5 on 6 situation with an empty net goal is just hard to take. Going to take a long, long time for that feeling to go away- lol
The Preds play a zone type D where-as most of these other playoff teams press the Offense and go after the puck and force a turnover. That is the biggest reason I see why the Preds PP and short handed play is bad.

Predsanddead24

Mar 7, 2019
It is true that the series isn't over. I have pretty low expectations but my expectations for the rest of the season were even lower after that Dallas game so you never know. In any case, I think this next game will be very telling about the future of this team. If we get blown out it's going to be a very long offseason with a lot of questions for Brunette and the vets even if they "overachieved" in the regular season.

To add to this one interesting thing I learned from perusing the Canucks board is that Brunette was on the 02-03 Wild team that came back from a 1-3 deficit to beat the Canucks. Just looking through the box scores there are actually a lot of similarities between how this series has gone and how that one went. Probably meaningless but still interesting nonetheless.
I'm convinced that Daugherty lurks here and stole this from my post:

Reactions: bdub24

bdub24

iNsErT bAnNeR jOkE hErE
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2013
La la land
I'm convinced that Daugherty lurks here and stole this from my post:

Look at Magellan over there ‘discovering’ things. I almost hate the overuse of the wrong word for realizing something that already was known to have existed as I do whenever anyone tells me something was ‘curated’. Like its a f***ing museum.

• Haha
Reactions: hido

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
Yep- and it is not just Daugherty. More than a few times when I have posted some of my "stats and notes" posts on here I have seen something very similar show up on social media posts..
If you do a quick Google search alot of times most of what gets picked up is this site. I discovered that trying to dig around on certain things.

LeighDx59

Nov 23, 2011
Detroit, MI
Our crowd was plenty loud yesterday. We are effective as the 7th man but the 1st-6th men that are on the ice have to do their part. They didn’t.

We give up a goal on the first shot both games, was atrocious on the powerplay AGAIN and only gave up less than 30 shots in BOTH games and lost them both.

And now the torment of coughing up another 2 goal lead that has plagued this team all season, but this time on the biggest stage.

Inexcusebale.

It adds to the disappointment imo that the crowd was that hot and then they lost the lead. Like your fans showed up, were loud, and showed their appreciation for a fantastic game to that point, and then they just stopped playing and let Vancouver get back into the game and suck the life out of the building.

sparkle twin

Jul 31, 2002
Smashville, TN
***ATTENTION***

If you're going to the game Friday, Morgan Wallen has a concert at Nissan Stadium at 6pm!!

Please prepare your driving/parking strategies now!! There will be major traffic and delays!

(i don't care about your opinion of him, just be prepared for traffic)

hido

Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Nashville
***ATTENTION***

If you're going to the game Friday, Morgan Wallen has a concert at Nissan Stadium at 6pm!!

Please prepare your driving/parking strategies now!! There will be major traffic and delays!

(i don't care about your opinion of him, just be prepared for traffic)
Holy crap. And Nissan’s parking is basically gone. Bridgestone will be half empty at puck drop.

Reactions: sparkle twin

Marty Party

Back @ The Bridge
Mar 2, 2012
Nashville
ace.mu.nu
Basically the same as last Friday but with the Nissan event adding to it. A lot of people DT and a lot of time stuck in traffic post game. I'll be getting DT about three hours prior to puck drop to eat and drink. Parking is already secured.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad