Pre-Game Talk: blue jackets @ RANGERS 1/31 7:00pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

THE JAM

Jan 16, 2015
EU
People claimed his career was over, and then did this in the last 4 straight games.

3-1-0, .945 SV%, 1.50 GAA, 1 SO

Team playing better in front of him, and him getting confidence back = the Hank we all know and love.

His career isn't over, but it's fun to see you and others here claim it is only to be proven wrong, again.

For the last months you constantly have insisted that it's impossible to be a great goalie with this awful defence - although Raanta pretty much managed to prove you wrong - but then you said that the sample size is too small...

Now 4 games is suddenly enough of a sample size? Has the NYR been blessed with a totally renewed D these last 4 games?

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
Now comes the question of whether the break helps or hurts Hank. Should be an interesting game.

ASG could have a short term impact on Hank's state of play (and therefore whether the Rangers will gain points in standings) but not on how he plays in the spring and therefore how deep he can take the team in the playoffs.

uran

Oct 1, 2006
I am wondering if they would try Fast to play as a RD. He is responsible defensively and mobile.

Revel

Dark Sky Enthusiast
Oct 20, 2015
Dunning–Krugerville
I am wondering if they would try Fast to play as a RD. He is responsible defensively and mobile.

I see D play as Forwards from time to time, but I think a Forward (that has never played D) getting moved to D at the NHL level is a disaster waiting to happen. The backwards skating ability, crossing-over, gap control, etc... is something that it takes your average D-man a long time to master.

Maybe there are examples of it occurring, but those examples must be very few and far between. I can't see that happening.

Maximus

Dec 23, 2003
Doylestown, PA
So from what I'm reading both here an on the net:

No Staal....is that correct?

No Hayes...is that correct?

Raanta tho will be back...is that correct?

Glen Sathers Cigar

Sather 4 Ever
Feb 4, 2013
New York
So from what I'm reading both here an on the net:

No Staal....is that correct?

No Hayes...is that correct?

Raanta tho will be back...is that correct?

Staal and Fast will play tomorrow.

Not sure about Raanta, Hank's playing anyway. Raanta practiced in full so odds are he's back too.

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
My all-time fave along with "Steady Eddie".

t5m0x0.jpg

jesper fast is not cool with this...

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013
Was almost starting to miss the comedy of errors that is Marc Staal with the puck on his stick.

Boruto

Jun 27, 2011
I am now taking bets at 33 to 1 odds on Girardi sitting for Clendening. McDonagh-Holden, Staal-Klein, Skjei-Clendening.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad