OT: Blue Bombers Thread - 2018 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

sipowicz

The thrill is gone
Mar 16, 2011
So it took the Bombers three friggin seasons to figure out Davis was garbage! Cut and supposedly will let Heath walk, good riddance to both!

nobody important

the pessimist returns
Jul 12, 2015
a quiet suburb
So it took the Bombers three friggin seasons to figure out Davis was garbage! Cut and supposedly will let Heath walk, good riddance to both!

Davis was a promising young QB that was forced to play with second stringers, and was never properly developed by the team. Now, he will be picked up and have a great career with a better organization. #freedavis

And in case anyone needs it... :sarcasm:

Brominator

Sep 12, 2009
WPG
He's baaaaaack! :laugh:

image.jpg

Duron Carter extends stay in Riderville - CFL.ca

Now charged with marijuana possession..
Riders' Carter charged for drug possession - Article - TSN

Kind of ridiculous to be charged when it's set to be legal in less than 5 months. Classic waste of police and court resources...

Holden Caulfield

Eternal Skeptic
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
Now charged with marijuana possession..
Riders' Carter charged for drug possession - Article - TSN

Kind of ridiculous to be charged when it's set to be legal in less than 5 months. Classic waste of police and court resources...

While I agree, he got charged at the airport. What kind of a moron tries to fly with drugs in their possession? Everyone knows it's illegal at the moment, you have to be stupid to travel with it.

While it looks like Heath is moving on, he has tweeted about playing in games next year for the Bombers, so I'm not sure. Gaitor, Heath, Loffler, Randle is a good start to the secondary if we can improve our pass rush, IMO.

Good that they moved on from Davis. He was a big "tools" QB but never put it together. Would be really nice if we can get a #3 with real potential. Not too sure what to think of the new guys they've added, I guess it's a we'll see thing. Not sure if BB have any more options to bring in.

Big day for CFL with a few guys moving around. Hughes moves to Sask and Willis to BC. Both had mediocre DL last year and both those guys are huge adds for their teams. Ricky Ray also re-signed in Toronto. This is big as James Franklin has been notably upset without a starting opportunity in Edmonton, now Toronto has signed a QB in front of him. Wonder if something will give there. Federkeil retired in Calgary, a big blow to Calgary's biggest strength in their OL which has been a huge part of their success. Teams behind Winnipeg getting better, team in front getting worse. Adarius Bowman sounds like he will be released as well.

Reactions: sipowicz

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
We'll see. I think O'Shea brings one to Winnipeg. Bombers have the 2nd most wins in the league over the last two seasons. Team is trending the right way.

Yea I think before he is done here O'Shea will bring this city a Grey Cup.

snowkiddin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 26, 2016
Bowman better not be back to his old ways of dropping wide open passes. He’s pretty good when he’s on though. Great signing

Holden Caulfield

Eternal Skeptic
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
I think they're going to let Westerman and Heath go

Seems likely. Unfortunately we had too many top guys on rookie deals in Heath, Bond, etc that we just cannot afford. They did say that they are still looking at both Westerman and Heath, but it seems unlikely given the signings thus far particularly for Heath.

I have mixed feelings about Bowman. On one hand we really did need to get bigger in our WR corps and Bowman is a good player, but I still can't stand the guy for his first Winnipeg stint where he was terrible. To his credit he did bring that up during his press conference. We'll see.

The offense is looking pretty much set for starters (Bryant-Neufeld-Goosen-Chung-Hardwick-Nichols-Harris-Bowman-Dressler-Adams-Coates-???) with just one WR spot open. The defense is still where the work needs to be done. Should still be some fireworks to happen for the Bombers.

Flair Hay

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 22, 2010
Winnipeg
Yeah Holden I figure they'd like to bring Westerman back being a Canadian but that's increasing his price tag a ton as well. Bombers never seemed to have trouble finding American DE. Westerman is good but he isn't a game changer like some Americans we've had in the last 10 years.

Heath is good too but probably too pricey. He gets lots of picks but if the team brings in a tighter cover corner that's less of a ball hawk we will still be fine. Still have Leggett flying around.

Holden Caulfield

Eternal Skeptic
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
Yeah Holden I figure they'd like to bring Westerman back being a Canadian but that's increasing his price tag a ton as well. Bombers never seemed to have trouble finding American DE. Westerman is good but he isn't a game changer like some Americans we've had in the last 10 years.

Heath is good too but probably too pricey. He gets lots of picks but if the team brings in a tighter cover corner that's less of a ball hawk we will still be fine. Still have Leggett flying around.

Westerman might just not want to sign since as a ratio breaking DE despite the injury he will still have 9 offers on UFA day. Maybe he'll agree to be back, but since here he'll likely be a time share with Chorney I doubt it. I dont blame him or the Bombers from moving on. Question what do BB do at DE. We might be able to have 2 international's with Harris, Loffler, Chung, Golden, Neufeld, Thomas/Ekakatie, Coates already penned in. That'd be huge have 2 elite international pass rushers off the corners on the DL. Would really help DL and also help DB'S with more pressure. Like you said if there's a position we are money to recruit it's DE.

Heath will get paid as a ball hawk but with Leggatt, Randle, Loffler and maybe Fogg do we need a ball hawk? We need shutdown more so so I'm ok spending cap elsewhere. Hopefully Gaitor is another steal we've been money in CFL UFA recently.

bustamente

Kinda Optimistic
Jun 29, 2015
Fraud City MB
I like what the Bombers have done so far this year, when free agency starts on Tuesday I expect them to go after the best Cdn. O line man they can sign, thinking that they will go with 3 Cdn. on the line this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad