OT: Blue Bombers Thread - 2018 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Holden Caulfield

Eternal Skeptic
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
I like what the Bombers have done so far this year, when free agency starts on Tuesday I expect them to go after the best Cdn. O line man they can sign, thinking that they will go with 3 Cdn. on the line this year.

I agree i like what they've done. But I'm sorry I think you'll be disappointed. While they've made it clear they are going 3 national OL it seems they have lots of faith in Neufeld/Spooner so I expect that to be the LG battle in camp.

Reactions: JetBlue420

snowkiddin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 26, 2016
LeFevour retires , guess he figured would’ve been third on the depth chart

dabizz

Apr 15, 2014
Winnipeg
I agree i like what they've done. But I'm sorry I think you'll be disappointed. While they've made it clear they are going 3 national OL it seems they have lots of faith in Neufeld/Spooner so I expect that to be the LG battle in camp.

Gotta think they give Michael Couture a chance at guard as well. I'm most interested to see what they do for bringing in a Canadian on the D-Line. I hope we bring back Westerman because I love watching him play but it might make sense to bring in a tackle (assuming Jake Thomas is gone). There's a ton of options out there between Laurent, Zach Evans, Cleyon Laing, Daryl Waud and Thomas so we could find some value from a contract point of view. There's no way that Ekakitie is ready IMO so it'd make sense to bring in a guy on a one or two year deal.

HannuJ

Nov 20, 2011
Toronno
also signed Kienan LaFrance. Not sure what having a 3rd running back does when Flanders and Harris both want touches.

and no significant D free agents added yet. oy.

Reactions: snowkiddin

Holden Caulfield

Eternal Skeptic
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
also signed Kienan LaFrance. Not sure what having a 3rd running back does when Flanders and Harris both want touches.

and no significant D free agents added yet. oy.

Depth guy who adds a national passport on the depth chart in case of a Harris injury. LaFrance looked on the verge of a breakout in Ottawa two seasons ago, but a training camp injury last year cost him chance to be a starter in Saskatchewan. Certainly an interesting add this year as he is likely a bit of a cheaper contract than last year.

bustamente

Kinda Optimistic
Jun 29, 2015
Outside Looking In
DV8UugkV4AIuTgJ.jpg:large

Holden Caulfield

Eternal Skeptic
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
Sounds like Bombers want to start 2 nationals in WR corps (Demski and Coates). Combine that with 3 nationals on OL, Harris at RB and Loffler at S you suddenly already have 7 starting nationals. Leaves lots of flexibility for DL and LB not needing canadians. Backup national WR is going to be key though because they don't have much beyond the two starters right now by the looks of it. Gotta think they are trying to get Feoli-Gudino back under contract.

HannuJ

Nov 20, 2011
Toronno
if Nicholls stays healthy, things are looking nice. even then, our backup is not bad at all.
you have to think we're now grey cup favourites.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->