Blash

golffuul

Oct 24, 2011
If we don’t make the playoffs for 2 years in a row after openly shooting for the playoffs, Blashill is gone. Call it politics. Call it a PR sacrifice. But someone will have to be the scapegoat for the organization’s failed efforts.
Yeah...I agree, but if there isn't anyone out there who Holland likes to be the new coach, he's just going to stand pat until a bigger name comes up.

datsyukfan

Jul 5, 2007
GUYs a joke team has 2 stinkers in a row, haven’t won in 6 and he makes today’s practice optional are you kidding me? Same old country club bs going on in Detroit. Sick of watching this team have zero direction. Need new management and a new staff behind the bench

FireBird71

Aug 6, 2015
GUYs a joke team has 2 stinkers in a row, haven’t won in 6 and he makes today’s practice optional are you kidding me? Same old country club bs going on in Detroit. Sick of watching this team have zero direction. Need new management and a new staff behind the bench
Going to take more than that

datsyukfan

Jul 5, 2007
Going to take more than that

Not saying it won’t buy anyone can see that this team is not a cup contender not even close yet the direction from management and the moves that have been made are in that direction. Bringing in someone who is realistic on the management side and a coach who is realistic and wants to develop kids so that we can be good in 2-3 years is what this team needs

FireBird71

Aug 6, 2015
Not saying it won’t buy anyone can see that this team is not a cup contender not even close yet the direction from management and the moves that have been made are in that direction. Bringing in someone who is realistic on the management side and a coach who is realistic and wants to develop kids so that we can be good in 2-3 years is what this team needs
Like who? You can get rid of everyone but who us going to replace them? No guarantee anything will change with this group of players

Apr 14, 2009
Canada
He absolutely should be canned if management truly believes we have a shot at doing anything this year. However, if management realizes we are junk, and realizes that we are not getting results with Blash, they may want to keep him around to improve our draft positioning.

Bottom line, the team will be far better without him, they don't compete hard enough for Blash, and don't really implement his system. In the long run, we will be a better team by being bad this year, so I'm all for keeping Blash around until the end of the year, which will result in more losses.

If management believes we can actually win with him, they are kidding themselves.

Apr 14, 2009
Canada
Like who? You can get rid of everyone but who us going to replace them? No guarantee anything will change with this group of players

Holland should be willing to trade all players with the exception of Larkin and Mantha at the deadline. Everyone else should be in play. Holland really needs to shop Nyquist and try to get something for him. If I'm GM, and someone is offering me a 1st for Nyquist at the deadline, I 100% make that trade. Trade anything and everything and finally start the rebuild.

Christien

May 1, 2010
Anybody have the Red wings on Snapchat? Today Blashill was saying he likes his team and was saying how he thinks they’re all bought into his system :laugh:

datsyukfan

Jul 5, 2007
oof. Well it sounds like he's got the Holland talking points down.

It’s his system that’s the problem they literally play with little to no support all over the ice. Every play is a 50-100 foot hope pass instead of easy supporting 15-20 foot passes. This team has speed why not make short quick passes and come at teams with speed instead of long hope passes to guys who are flat footed. Having support and forwards back deep in the own zone will help this crap d-core as well

Reactions: SoupGuru

Lazlo Hollyfeld

The jersey ad still sucks
Mar 4, 2004
It’s his system that’s the problem they literally play with little to no support all over the ice. Every play is a 50-100 foot hope pass instead of easy supporting 15-20 foot passes. This team has speed why not make short quick passes and come at teams with speed instead of long hope passes to guys who are flat footed. Having support and forwards back deep in the own zone will help this crap d-core as well

Agreed. I keep beating this dead horse but zone exits have been a problem for a long while now.

Granted they don't have great puck moving D but zone exits shouldn't be as bad as they are. They should at least be trying some set exits once in a while instead of just lobbing it out every time.

datsyukfan

Jul 5, 2007
Agreed. I keep beating this dead horse but zone exits have been a problem for a long while now.

Granted they don't have great puck moving D but zone exits shouldn't be as bad as they are. They should at least be trying some set exits once in a while instead of just lobbing it out every time.

Ya this exactly. I know the d-core is bad but making long bomb passes only makes things worse for them. If everyone just came back, the team had no stretching of guys I guarantee the d would look way better and the team would have way more puck possession resulting in better attack and less d-zone time. That’s the kind of system and coach I would llike to see

Run the Jewels

Make Detroit Great Again
Jun 22, 2006
In the Garage
I'm fine with keeping him through the end of the year. Get a top 5 draft pick, play AA, Mantha & Larkin. Trade Green and Nyquist. Then have Kenny retire as soon as the season is over and bring in your new GM and scouting team.

obey86

Jun 9, 2009
I wish he would just stop jerking around with Athanasiou and let him play 18-20 minutes a night. And stop with Kronwall on the PP and Glendening playing in the top 6.

Reactions: Obe2kenobe

TheMule93

On a mule rides the swindler
May 26, 2015
Ontario
I wish he would just stop jerking around with Athanasiou and let him play 18-20 minutes a night. And stop with Kronwall on the PP and Glendening playing in the top 6.

AA has 0 points in his past 5 games, getting 15min a night including PP time

he does not deserve more ice time

Reactions: Shaman464

StargateSG1

Nov 26, 2016
I'm fine with keeping him through the end of the year. Get a top 5 draft pick, play AA, Mantha & Larkin. Trade Green and Nyquist. Then have Kenny retire as soon as the season is over and bring in your new GM and scouting team.
Why wait until the end of the season?
New GM right now would have ample time to evaluate the roster before the TDL.
Kenny is old news, he will never do what needs to be done.
Pull that plug!

obey86

Jun 9, 2009

Players go through ups and downs throughout the season. He was also playing on the 4th line for a while. He should be playing big minutes through his struggles.

Reddwit

Feb 4, 2016

Ice time is one thing, role is another. You can't bounce someone from the PK to the 1st line to the 4th line to the PP all night with different linemates and then bitch about a players' consistency. I said it last year when Blashill was jerking Larkin all over the roster and Dylan was a mess. Give the kid a god damn role and stick with it for a while. You could say the same thing with Mantha. Is he net front? Is he a sniper? Is he an offensive weapon or is he a guy you chastise for not being a two-way winger? You eliminate a lot of the head games when a guy can focus on bringing a consistent compete level to a specific role instead of trying to find consistency in an inconsistent role.

Redder Winger

May 4, 2017

He plays every game bouncing between the Wilson, Nielsen and Zetterberg line.
You treat a guy like a spare part and he plays like a spare part.
And while he has zero points, he's drawn penalties.

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016

Why do you want even more 1 man show attempts, that is all he does, in between doing not much else? He doesn't use his teammates well at all, always trying it by himself and I wonder why no points in 7 games, while having about 7 or 8 shots on net in that entire span. He has been given plenty of icetime, and good opportunities. He played with Zetterberg for a stretch the other game, and every time, he rushed in by himself, got muscled off the puck or put a lame wrister towards the net, instead of looking to pass to someone else who is open. The other thing annoying, is for like 65-70% percent of his icetime he really isn't skating with his great speed, almost dogging it out there, yet Mantha gets called out by the coach after having a decent game.

He plays every game bouncing between the Wilson, Nielsen and Zetterberg line.
You treat a guy like a spare part and he plays like a spare part.
And while he has zero points, he's drawn penalties.

Wow, he drew a couple of penalties, that is not that big a deal. How hard can it be for him to learn, this is not the OHL, in the NHL, you need to pass the puck? Also, if you play like a spare part you get treated like a spare part, it works both ways. If he keeps playing like he has been in recent weeks, I hope they trade him while he has decent value, because we already have Nyquist and Tatar who go invisible for long stretches, we don't really need another one added to the mix. He obviously has a very high opinion of his talent level, so no pts in 7 games is not good enough for a scoring type player. I want to like him, as he has awesome speed, and awesome hands, but his effort level and decision making is so frustrating.

Shaman464

No u
May 1, 2009
Boston, MA
To force an analogy: The team is a beat up 1978 Ford Pinto with 850,000 miles on it. Blash is a racecar driver. Holland is the general manager of racing team. Holland expects Blash to win races with that Pinto. No matter how good of a driver Blash is he isn't going to win the Indy 500 in that Pinto. Expecting this team to win anything is delusional. Right now Mantha and Larkin are getting big roles, they are leading the team in points, playing in a lot of different situations. At this point that's a lot. The only real complaint I have right now is Mrazek should be splitting time with Howard. Anyone who thinks that somehow this team can be coached into contention should ask why Babcock left. It wasn't the money, Detroit was going to offer him what he wanted. It was because he knew that Detroit wasn't going anywhere and he knew tying 5+ years of his career to this dumpster fire would only hurt his career.

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
To force an analogy: The team is a beat up 1978 Ford Pinto with 850,000 miles on it. Blash is a racecar driver. Holland is the general manager of racing team. Holland expects Blash to win races with that Pinto. No matter how good of a driver Blash is he isn't going to win the Indy 500 in that Pinto. Expecting this team to win anything is delusional. Right now Mantha and Larkin are getting big roles, they are leading the team in points, playing in a lot of different situations. At this point that's a lot. The only real complaint I have right now is Mrazek should be splitting time with Howard. Anyone who thinks that somehow this team can be coached into contention should ask why Babcock left. It wasn't the money, Detroit was going to offer him what he wanted. It was because he knew that Detroit wasn't going anywhere and he knew tying 5+ years of his career to this dumpster fire would only hurt his career.

What is so good about Vegas's team? Answer: nothing! Proof with the right coach we could be a lot better, not saying playoffs necessarily, but definitely better.

From your analogy Blash is also the pinto, from where I sit.

Shaman464

No u
May 1, 2009
Boston, MA
What is so good about Vegas's team? Answer: nothing! Proof with the right coach we could be a lot better, not saying playoffs necessarily, but definitely better.

From your analogy Blash is also the pinto, from where I sit.

They have 31 points in 25 games. They're benefiting from the fact the whole Pacific is under-performing. Same reasons last week Detroit was 3rd in the Atlantic.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 6
    Staked: $6,201.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,447.00