Pre-Game Talk: Blackhawks vs Jets - Thu Mar 15 7:00pm CT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
Jets had a pretty bad night on the dot
Late in the game with the man advantage it was wheeler then Laine taking the draw with Little on the ice. I thought it likely meant little is fighting through something.

HannuJ

Nov 20, 2011
Toronno
so...the jets are down 3/4 of their centres and the 1 centre left in the line-up has been MIA for the whole season?
and we have two wingers playing centre, one which is a rookie.

everythingsfine.jpg

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
Late in the game with the man advantage it was wheeler then Laine taking the draw with Little on the ice. I thought it likely meant little is fighting through something.

Little only won one draw on the PP all night that I remember. Maybe it was just that. Trying someone else.

Tommigun

Jan 5, 2018
I agree. We were rolling through everybody when we were even remotely healthy. No team can expect results against top opposition with the amount of high end talent we are missing.

I like our odds against any team in the league with Scheif/Stastny/Lowry/Troub/Enstrom back.

You forgot Kulikov, Mason and Hutch :( Oh boy...

Ducky10

Searching for Mark Scheifele
Nov 14, 2014
Thought it was odd to throw Laine in there regardless. I'd rather take my chances with one of the better FO guys in the league at that point.

SM17

Nov 25, 2005
so...the jets are down 3/4 of their centres and the 1 centre left in the line-up has been MIA for the whole season?
and we have two wingers playing centre, one which is a rookie.

everythingsfine.jpg

05onfire1_xp-master768-v2.jpg

Reactions: Oseductive

Aavco Cup

Sep 5, 2013
Thought it was odd to throw Laine in there regardless. I'd rather take my chances with one of the better FO guys in the league at that point.

Official NHL stats show Laine taking zero faceoffs . 0/0

HannuJ

Nov 20, 2011
Toronno
I brought this up in the previous game thread and nobody wanted to bite, so I'll throw this out there again. Is there an underlying cause for why we seem to suffer from an inordinate number of injuries? I dug up this article from a couple of years ago.

Winnipeg Jets' new way to help players recover a competitive advantage, fitness director says

I loved this line: "He couldn't give too many details away because the Jets are using these methods to get a leg up on the competition, he said". Yep, we're sure a team others will want to copy. Maybe some snake oil being pedaled here?
i think you're chasing rainbows, dude.

the Jets are likely employing what teams like the Toronto Blue Jays are employing. Recovery mainly focuses on sleep monitoring and ensuring naps and sleeptime for players.

if you dig for it, you'll find a 10 minute long story on the Jays' approach. It also includes diet, which i'm skeptical about, since it includes antioxidants that they are claiming will increase recovery, which has zero proof to it.

Aavco Cup

Sep 5, 2013
The stats are wrong. Laine did take one faceoff after Wheeler was waived out. Lost it cleanly of course...

Yeah just went back and watched it. During the PP with 11 minutes to go. Shows how inaccurate NHL stats can be.

I wonder if it had anything to do with the fact that it was a PP?

Easternbull

Nov 18, 2016
Considering our lack of healthy centers why did pomo recall dano and mathias insted of petan!!?

Are scheif and lowry ready to go against the hawks?

If so I hope Pomo rolls the dice like this:

connor little wheeler
laine scheifele ehlers
armia lowry perrault
copp roslovic tanev

Last edited:

ffh

Jul 16, 2016
Considering our lack of healthy centers why did pomo recall dano and mathias insted of petan!!?

Are scheif and lowry ready to go against the hawks?

If so I hope Pomo rolls the dice like this:

connor little wheeler
laine scheifele ehlers
armia lowry tanev
copp roslovic mathias
my guess is he thought mathias was a better option at centre. also perreault is lost in your line up there.

HannuJ

Nov 20, 2011
Toronno
curious question, and no homers, please.
if Kulikov is out long term (and something tells me he is), would you rather have Poolman or Morrow taking his spot in the line-up.
Morrow seems to do not much of anything.
Poolman hasn't wowwed me either.

Channelcat

Unhinged user
Feb 8, 2013
Canada
if Kulikov is out long term (and something tells me he is), would you rather have Poolman or Morrow taking his spot in the line-up.
Didn't see much of Morrow in Mtl, so hoping he's still just adjusting to the surroundings. It could be wishful thinking but I think he's getting better.

Huffer

Jul 16, 2010

I think if everyone else was healthy besides Kulikov, we wouldn't need either Morrow or Poolman in the lineup. We could roll Morrissey, Enstrom, and Chariot on the left, and Trouba, Buff, and Myers on the right. Depending on the next injury, it could come down to handedness. Although personally I think I've like Poolman a little more than Morrow.

Reactions: scelaton

Aavco Cup

Sep 5, 2013

I think it's Chiarot's spot now (assuming the worst for Kuli)

Reactions: GNP
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad