Pre-Game Talk: Blackhawks vs Jets - Thu Mar 15 7:00pm CT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
Can I have my Winnipeg Jets back please?

CBA day off so no updates expected but...........
Need to get some bodies back in the lineup.

Trouba?
Enstrom?

Kulikov (I have a bad feeling about this)

Scheifele?
Stastny?
Lowry?
Hendricks

Will we call up Comrie? Moose play tonight . If Comrie doesn't start then I would bet on it.

Also Blackhawks are the only team in the west we haven't beaten yet

Howard Chuck

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 24, 2012
Winnipeg
Can I have my Winnipeg Jets back please?

CBA day off so no updates expected but...........
Need to get some bodies back in the lineup.

Trouba?
Enstrom?

Kulikov (I have a bad feeling about this)

Scheifele?
Stastny?
Lowry?
Hendricks

Will we call up Comrie? Moose play tonight . If Comrie doesn't start then I would bet on it.

Also Blackhawks are the only team in the west we haven't beaten yet

DisloyalDimwittedFossa-size_restricted.gif

PerryPooley

Dec 28, 2011
The only way to console myself last night during the game was to imagine getting some key guys back in time for the homestand. I just need to see the complete lineup at some point before the playoffs.

Maukkis

EZ4ENCE
Mar 16, 2016
"Damn, Little is out. Well, as Aavco said, it still looks fine; Scheifele-Stastny-Lowry-Hendricks should more than do the trick!"

Oh, wait...

f*** these injuries, man.

Howard Chuck

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 24, 2012
Winnipeg
The only way to console myself last night during the game was to imagine getting some key guys back in time for the homestand. I just need to see the complete lineup at some point before the playoffs.
I agree. We were rolling through everybody when we were even remotely healthy. No team can expect results against top opposition with the amount of high end talent we are missing.

I like our odds against any team in the league with Scheif/Stastny/Lowry/Troub/Enstrom back.

Reactions: Festinator

Tom ServoMST3K

In search of a Steinbach Hero
Nov 2, 2010
What's your excuse?
So, this is the longest time I've ever been on HF without changing my avatar, like, 30 times. I kept the Jets logo in the toilet until the Jets didn't win for three straight games.

I may need to change again now if we lose this one...

NOTE: This system does not extend to the playoffs.

RageQuit77

Jan 5, 2016
Finland, Kotka
"Damn, Little is out. Well, as Aavco said, it still looks fine; Scheifele-Stastny-Lowry-Hendricks should more than do the trick!"

Oh, wait...

**** these injuries, man.

Yes. **** these injuries!

Worst part here is that it can be easily so that it'll become continuous self-feeding loop when one third of the core is hanging in a sick bay. Rest of the roster must toil twice more, and that can cause both physical and mental fatigue among healthy part of the roster, that in turn can increase risks for further injuries...

:(

Anyway! Go Jets Go!

Reactions: kanadalainen

Aavco Cup

Sep 5, 2013
I took it as a humorous take on our rapidly depleting center depth.

Yeah I was only trying to add clarity.....although who knows, maybe Little slipped on a patch of ice getting off the plane last night and Maurice will give him the curse of death (day to day) ;)

Hulide

Jul 12, 2017

Oh, wait...

**** these injuries, man.
Well IF Little is Out of this game I will blame only you ;) and that Will not be Pretty!! Anti jinx...

Aavco Cup

Sep 5, 2013
As expected. We are suddenly getting extremely thin in goal

nobody important

the pessimist returns
Jul 12, 2015
a quiet suburb
I brought this up in the previous game thread and nobody wanted to bite, so I'll throw this out there again. Is there an underlying cause for why we seem to suffer from an inordinate number of injuries? I dug up this article from a couple of years ago.

Winnipeg Jets' new way to help players recover a competitive advantage, fitness director says

I loved this line: "He couldn't give too many details away because the Jets are using these methods to get a leg up on the competition, he said". Yep, we're sure a team others will want to copy. Maybe some snake oil being pedaled here?

mcpw

WPG
Jan 13, 2015
I brought this up in the previous game thread and nobody wanted to bite, so I'll throw this out there again. Is there an underlying cause for why we seem to suffer from an inordinate number of injuries? I dug up this article from a couple of years ago.

Winnipeg Jets' new way to help players recover a competitive advantage, fitness director says

I loved this line: "He couldn't give too many details away because the Jets are using these methods to get a leg up on the competition, he said". Yep, we're sure a team others will want to copy. Maybe some snake oil being pedaled here?

What is there of substance to bite into?

jokesondee

I’m not fat. I’m cultivating mass.
Feb 23, 2018
Winnipeg

Lol, whatever the hell they are doing it aint working. Maybe pull a George Costanza and do the exact opposite. Couldn't possibly be any friggin' worse. These injuries are getting beyond ****ing ridiculous.

Last edited:

Aavco Cup

Sep 5, 2013
There are so many different injuries.

Concussion
High ankle sprain
Shoulder
Back
Groin
Knee

What is it that ties all these injuries to style of play? I don't see any there there TBH

nobody important

the pessimist returns
Jul 12, 2015
a quiet suburb
What is there of substance to bite into?

The approach he describes. He talks of its increasing popularity elsewhere. Popular doesn't always equate to effective. Look, you just want to poo-poo this, fine. I think it's fair to question whether our players are getting a beneficial training and conditioning program given these ongoing injury issues.

Reactions: Robinson2187
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->