GDT: Blackhawks @ Jets - 2:00 CT NBCSCH

Status
Not open for further replies.

WarriorofTime

Jul 3, 2010
I mean who said we are signing mid players? Just like you scout prospects you pro scout all the same. No one is going to have a team full of guys they draft.
You sign serious players once you’ve drafted enough to have a semblance of a core that is ready to be competitive and see where you have holes and how they fit into your cap. Rebuild 101.

Reactions: Giovi

Putt Pirate

Dec 15, 2015
we shouldn't abandon the rebuild at all. would just be nice for Bedard to have someone to play with at his level asap. paying a bit for that might be worth it, if it's someone we can get with term.

if there are no moves to be made to allow that to happen, then f*** it. Bedard is going to be fine in the long run.
I am all for that. Hopefully Davidson gives him that. He seserves it and it would benefit his development. But some here are looking to accelerate the rebuild and that’s a huge mistake. Yes, there will be some busts and that is to be expected. But having a steady influx of talent through the years is what keeps a perennial winner. And don’t forget Stan left us barren so we are starting from scratch and a little behind due to the bald selfish f***.

We have goalie prospects that look good which the oil and Toronto did not have. Along with the D. Hence why I would prefer to draft forwards again next year for most of our picks if bpa is equal in regards to D or F.

Reactions: Blackhawksfirecoach

TLEH

Pronounced T-Lay
Feb 28, 2015
Bomoseen, Vermont
You can but it’s basically guaranteed to not be a rebuild optimizing move.
You've already bottomed out, obtained an amazing prospect that every rebuild wishes for, you're going to obtain another Top 4 pick in 2024.

You are already trending up. No one should be advocating for Sam Reinhart on an 8 year deal, but if I can add someone like Tofolli or Eberle or Marchessault on bigger dollar 2 year deals to help our younger players not get their heads bashed in every night while guys like Rinzel, Moore, Nazar, Dach, EDM, Allan, Vlasic, Korchinski, Hayes, Greene, 2024 Tampa 1st, Misiak, Ludwinski develop, I don't see the problem.

WarriorofTime

Jul 3, 2010
You've already bottomed out, obtained an amazing prospect that every rebuild wishes for, you're going to obtain another Top 4 pick in 2024.

You are already trending up. No one should be advocating for Sam Reinhart on an 8 year deal, but if I can add someone like Tofolli or Eberle or Marchessault on bigger dollar 2 year deals to help our younger players not get their heads bashed in every night while guys like Rinzel, Moore, Nazar, Dach, EDM, Allan, Vlasic, Korchinski, Hayes, Greene, 2024 Tampa 1st, Misiak, Ludwinski develop, I don't see the problem.
2 year deal? Sure

ClydeLee

Mar 23, 2012

You just said in the previous post why can't a guy you sign this offseason be a key 5-6 years from now. That's different than these 2 year options.

All you're showcasing here is another Hall/Donato type signings.

But the big Nylander who want 7yrs 10-11mil or not far off Reinhart. Those are guys who you have to question if they will be worth it in 4-5 years. That's when the Hawks hopefully can compete if some of these D prospects hit around 25 years old and can be in their primes. You don't need to sign those talents now because they're avaliable. That keeps crippling rebuilding teams across the league

jaysoneil

Feb 22, 2013
IL
If it doesn't suck, it's not worth doing.

Do not deviate from the original plan - remain confident in your decision. Do not be influenced by emotion. Embrace the suck.

TLEH

Pronounced T-Lay
Feb 28, 2015
Bomoseen, Vermont
You just said in the previous post why can't a guy you sign this offseason be a key 5-6 years from now. That's different than these 2 year options.

All you're showcasing here is another Hall/Donato type signings.

But the big Nylander who want 7yrs 10-11mil or not far off Reinhart. Those are guys who you have to question if they will be worth it in 4-5 years. That's when the Hawks hopefully can compete if some of these D prospects hit around 25 years old and can be in their primes. You don't need to sign those talents now because they're avaliable. That keeps crippling rebuilding teams across the league
Yeah I’m asking the question. I prefer those guys on shorter deals for big money, obviously.

But my main point was you don’t need to wait until 2026 to add a free agent or two. Or wait until you have a core. You can add people before if you feel they make sense.

This team is already going to trend up from here. They already bottomed out.

hawksrule

Lot of brains but no polish
May 18, 2014
Chicago shouldn’t over commit on long term contracts for guys who are at their peak in the next 3-4 years, but also have to assemble some players that will allow Bedard to have fun at the very least. It’s a one man show out there.

Reactions: Salvaged Ship

belfour30

Connor Bedard Fangirl
Dec 14, 2019
Chicago shouldn’t over commit on long term contracts for guys who are at their peak in the next 3-4 years, but also have to assemble some players that will allow Bedard to have fun at the very least. It’s a one man show out there.
The Hall move was the right idea. They should be taking some vets on short term deals that are being pushed out of other cities due to cap constraints. It sucks that Hall got injured, but it is what it is.

Esq

in terrorem
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2009
Village in the City
what's hilarious is that this team is so much better to watch ... yet we have less points than last year's team after 22 games

stay the course and let the kids make mistakes

clear out the shit at the deadline

lottery pick again and hope Tampa continues to falter

belfour30

Connor Bedard Fangirl
Dec 14, 2019
what's hilarious is that this team is so much better to watch ... yet we have less points than last year's team after 22 games

stay the course and let the kids make mistakes

clear out the shit at the deadline

lottery pick again and hope Tampa continues to falter
Can't have Tampa lose too much. They gotta stay around where they are now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad