• Jets in 6

Votes: 34 16.0%
  • Jets in 7

Votes: 7 3.3%

• Total voters

TatteredTornNFrayed

very angry indeed
Jan 15, 2008
I forget who wrote it in the regular season GDT, but the 7-0 loss had to be a huge psy ops maneuver, no? Avs knew they could flip the switch in the playoffs and wanted to hide their true strength from a complacent Jets team.
I don't think it was all intentional. Avs weren't in playoff mode, but they weren't trying to lose 7-0. But I do feel it played to our advantage. Jets couldn't avoid getting overconfident, and thinking they could beat us in a run-and-gun game, and it made sure the Avs had a bad taste in their mouth, on top of what they rememered from last year in round 1.

SB

Mar 9, 2004
Colorado
I forget who wrote it in the regular season GDT, but the 7-0 loss had to be a huge psy ops maneuver, no? Avs knew they could flip the switch in the playoffs and wanted to hide their true strength from a complacent Jets team.
I think there were a few. I definitely called it 4d chess, I remember that, but I wasn't alone

Was telling some other friends basically this. They're ready to consider the series over, and it's not. I know the stat came up after yesterday's game that when a team gets a 3-1 lead in a series, they go on to win that series something like 90% of the time.

The Avs have twice been in that 10% group. We really don't want to make it a 3rd.
I fully expect the Jets can win tomorrow. And the Avs haven't been good at closing out series at home in the past 15 years or so. So there's your Game 7.

(That said, I think the experience in this group will be fine with a home game 6. It's no longer new.)

GeoRox89

Nov 16, 2013
Fires of Mt Doom
Interesting the Keaton was called up. I could’ve sworn they said he was in 2022 but then supposedly he was back home in Ontario during the Finals so not really sure what to make of that

Toewsfordayz

Oct 20, 2023
Not exactly sure where to ask, but how accurate are the ratings on this site? And also what would you all guess Girard and Parise is? Seems like Drouin and Middlestadt are low too? Actually trying to learn all the playoff teams and where they're strong at, including the Jets and VGK/Dal. I see Morrissey is rated a 92 for instance.

JH21

Oct 20, 2019
I read somewhere that due to the pesky, primitive part of our brain we're wired to focus on danger and the negative 10x more than the positive. A holdover from the days when we could be crunched by a saber toothed tiger at any moment. Free yourself from the tyranny of the amygdala, Avs are going deep, deep.

Which is why I think subliminally half the guys in here would rather us lose than win just so they can continue on bitching and complaining.

All you need to do is look at the results of the poll in this thread.

John Mandalorian

2022 Avs: The First Dance
Nov 29, 2018
Which is why I think subliminally half the guys in here would rather us lose than win just so they can continue on bitching and complaining.

All you need to do is look at the results of the poll in this thread.

No. Reverse psychology and worries of jinxing your team is fairly common. That’s probably some of the vote. But if you want to see what you’re talking about, you should stop by the GDTs. It’s like a group therapy session of needy people wanting to be talked away from the ledge. Other times it’s like a contest of one upsmanship in being negative.

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
Alright...

I genuinely am not sure what to expect tonight. I was like 55/40 or 60/40 that the Avs would lose on Sunday afternoon given how they've recently performed in afternoon games; but they came out and put their foot on the necks of the Jets. I had genuinely believed that we'd get a super desperate Jets team throwing everything they could at Colorado to prevent themselves from going in to a 3-1 hole.

So what can we expect tonight? I had been lurking on the Jets board (as I know @RoyIsALegend has been doing too LOL), and there are a few of their posters who seem to think that Scheifele is checked out, not buying in to what Bowness is saying, etc. and the implication is that he might be dragging the team down too.

They also are split on whether or not they want Hellebuyck to start tonight. Like the ones who want Brossoit to start are citing the fact that he saved all 4 shots faced on Sunday/the Jets only allowed 4 shots (as if Colorado didn't go in to a clamp-down mode). I don't know if I have an opinion on that, because Hellebuyck clearly has talent, but Colorado has made him look rather pedestrian (despite NHL Network Radio personalities still acting as if Hellebuyck has been fine/good in the series)...but I also have some minor fear that he can flip a switch and full-on stonewall the Avs.

So basically...no idea what to expect tonight. I have the image in my mind of, Cale Makar back in 2022, I believe in R1 against the Predators, saying "The hardest one to win is the one that ends a team's season..." (or something to that effect).

EdAVSfan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2009
Alright...

I genuinely am not sure what to expect tonight. I was like 55/40 or 60/40 that the Avs would lose on Sunday afternoon given how they've recently performed in afternoon games; but they came out and put their foot on the necks of the Jets. I had genuinely believed that we'd get a super desperate Jets team throwing everything they could at Colorado to prevent themselves from going in to a 3-1 hole.

So what can we expect tonight? I had been lurking on the Jets board (as I know @RoyIsALegend has been doing too LOL), and there are a few of their posters who seem to think that Scheifele is checked out, not buying in to what Bowness is saying, etc. and the implication is that he might be dragging the team down too.

They also are split on whether or not they want Hellebuyck to start tonight. Like the ones who want Brossoit to start are citing the fact that he saved all 4 shots faced on Sunday/the Jets only allowed 4 shots (as if Colorado didn't go in to a clamp-down mode). I don't know if I have an opinion on that, because Hellebuyck clearly has talent, but Colorado has made him look rather pedestrian (despite NHL Network Radio personalities still acting as if Hellebuyck has been fine/good in the series)...but I also have some minor fear that he can flip a switch and full-on stonewall the Avs.
I think ultimately, decisions on Scheifele/Hellebuyck are simply secondary to their problem. Scheif has probably been one of their top 3 players so far. I think Hellebuyck has been good, but could have been better.

Their current team strategy isn’t working. The jets succeed on slow, low chance hockey. Their current tactics are doing the opposite. They’re allowing stretch passes constantly and the neutral zone is a highway. It’s literally the complete opposite of how they want to and should play.

We’ll have to see if they make adjustments for this game. Although listening to Bowness, it doesn’t seem like he believes tactics are an issue. He thinks it’s an execution problem. I disagree, but I guess we’ll see who’s right.

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
I think ultimately, decisions on Scheifele/Hellebuyck are simply secondary to their problem. Scheif has probably been one of their top 3 players so far. I think Hellebuyck has been good, but could have been better.

Their current team strategy isn’t working. The jets succeed on slow, low chance hockey. Their current tactics are doing the opposite. They’re allowing stretch passes constantly and the neutral zone is a highway. It’s literally the complete opposite of how they want to and should play.

We’ll have to see if they make adjustments for this game. Although listening to Bowness, it doesn’t seem like he believes tactics are an issue. He thinks it’s an execution problem. I disagree, but I guess we’ll see who’s right.
Well let's hope he doesn't change tactics, because historically, including under Bednar, the Avs have been utter shit when a team just plays that boring, low-event, smothering style of hockey. They just can never seem to find a way to counter-attack.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016

I think Hellys been pretty good outside game 1. There’s been maybe a couple goals he wants back, but the defense has just been horrific and is giving up prime scoring chance after prime scoring chance.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
Alright...

So basically...no idea what to expect tonight. I have the image in my mind of, Cale Makar back in 2022, I believe in R1 against the Predators, saying "The hardest one to win is the one that ends a team's season..." (or something to that effect).
Avs will win tonight barring a George collapse.

On Scheifele... what the Jets fans are seeing isn't checking out, it is Mitts completely dominating him. In the first two games, they didn't keep him away from Mitts thinking that Scheifele could win that matchup. In the next two games, they didn't control the matchup and the line was predictably contained. I expect them to shift Scheifele away to night... if they don't Bowness is a massive idiot.

NorthernAvsFan

Jun 25, 2014
Jets can't skate with the Avs at all.
I believe they would fare a lot better against a Dallas/Vancouver/LA style team.
They even played Vegas better last year to this point.

I think Dallas is actually quite a fast team.

I know they have slow guys like Pavs, Benn, and some slow guys on the backend, but there’s a lot of speed in that lineup.

For instance, I think Dallas is a faster team than Edmonton.

Reactions: henchman21

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
I think Dallas is actually quite a fast team.

I know they have slow guys like Pavs, Benn, and some slow guys on the backend, but there’s a lot of speed in that lineup.

For instance, I think Dallas is a faster team than Edmonton.
Dallas is an excellent passing team too... they can play faster than their pure foot speed would have you otherwise think.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad