GDT: Blackhawks @ Coyotes 10/30/23 9pm Nbc sports chicago

Status
Not open for further replies.

giza

Jul 19, 2011
Jones will never come close to living up to his contract, but why beat a dead horse. I haven't watched him as specifically as some, but he seems to flub the puck more than I would expect. I would say Vlasic has been the best defensive D man to this point---his combination of reach and mobility has been impressive.....and the Phoenix game and his absence might have showcased how important he's been to the overall team D.

Reactions: nmgrbhfn

BobbyJet

watch the game, everything else is noise
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
lol, no. His contract is what gauges what he should be doing on the ice.

4pts, 0Gs, for a guy that hasn't been amazing defensively is not a top pairing Dman.
How many f***ing times do we have to go over this. Seth's contract is the work of Stan, the guy most people liked around here until they finally admitted they were wrong (not in so many words). Of course Jones would never turn it down because it was for too much money and for too long. Seth will never live up to that contract so quit mentioning it as point of argument. His signing is water under the bridge and there is no changing what was done years ago. Now quit arguing a point almost everyone here has acknowledged.

Hockeyman1962

Dec 22, 2019
It seems like every game thread, especially losses, are littered with people complaining with Seth Jones
the whole team is bad no continuity period pp sucks and i for one have heard my fill about conner bedard if your banking on a 18 year old rookie then blackhawks are in major trouble this year

• Haha
Reactions: ChiHawks10

BobbyJet

Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
You just figured out they won't be good? Like, you didn't realize....they weren't trying to be good?
Must you be so condescending or criticizing in every post? Try talking hockey, that you know so well. :sarcasm:

Fact is, with a few exceptions (because of inexperience), Hawks are probably playing their best available players at the moment. If they are genuinely tanking, it comes from the GM and from front office decisions. It has nothing to do with Luke or the players effort on the ice.

Luke is obviously trying to stress hard work - a 200 foot game from his forwards and is being patient with his young Dmen. Most nights the team is competitive but the chances of even a sniff of a PO spot is probably a dream at this point. Thankfully, Bedard makes games watchable at times.

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
How many f***ing times do we have to go over this. Seth's contract is the work of Stan, the guy most people liked around here until they finally admitted they were wrong (not in so many words). Of course Jones would never turn it down because it was for too much money and for too long. Seth will never live up to that contract so quit mentioning it as point of argument. His signing is water under the bridge and there is no changing what was done years ago. Now quit arguing a point almost everyone here has acknowledged.
When people are talking as if he is playing great when he really isn't, it then get to a discussion about his contract, and it's relevant. It doesn't matter who gave it to him, he hasnt earned it and should be criticized, that's sports.

• Haha
Reactions: ColbyChaos

BobbyJet

Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
When people are talking as if he is playing great when he really isn't, it then get to a discussion about his contract, and it's relevant. It doesn't matter who gave it to him, he hasnt earned it and should be criticized, that's sports.
Agreed.... but do you really thing he has been bad?

Darkstar

Nov 3, 2007
Denver, CO
the whole team is bad no continuity period pp sucks and i for one have heard my fill about conner bedard if your banking on a 18 year old rookie then blackhawks are in major trouble this year
If you're expecting to fight for a playoff spot then yeah, we're in trouble. If you understand that we're still in rebuilding mode and most likely will be drafting very high again, then we're right where we are supposed to be. This team is still missing multiple pieces that you can call a core to build around.

Reactions: Giovi
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad