GDT: Blackhawks @ Coyotes 10/30/23 9pm Nbc sports chicago

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
Tough one for Phillips. Feel for the kid. Gets his chance he lays and egg and the team lays a major one. Soderblom played brutal and the yotes got all the bounces while outworking em. 4 day break. Then a back to back against two good teams.

-Bedard has some more room than usual in the 1st period. Loved it.
-Jones is still playing at a very high level
-Korchinski great pass. Hes stickin.
-Corey Perry might be slower than 2011 Andrew Brunette
uuuhhhhhh

BHawk21

Mar 21, 2022
He has been OK, like a 2nd pairing Dman ok. Definitely not a high level for someone making as much as him.
Yes I didnt say anything about his contract and easily top pairing defenseman through 9 games.

Last edited:

BLKHKhockey

Aug 28, 2009
Tough game. Came out strong. I didn't watch the 3rd.

Hawks looked terrible in their own zone. Not sure if that's due to coaching, skill gap, inexperience, or a combination of all three.

Reactions: behindthebench

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
Yes I didnt say anything about his contract and easily top pairing defenseman through 9 games.
lol, no. His contract is what gauges what he should be doing on the ice.

4pts, 0Gs, for a guy that hasn't been amazing defensively is not a top pairing Dman.

BHawk21

Mar 21, 2022
lol, no. His contract is what gauges what he should be doing on the ice.

4pts, 0Gs, for a guy that hasn't been amazing defensively is not a top pairing Dman.
again havnt said a thing about his contract. Dont know why you keep mentioning it.

He is playing at a very high level.

Last edited:

WarriorofTime

Jul 3, 2010
Because, it would be a high level for a guy making 3mil, not 9.5. It's completely relevant.
His contract is irrelevant right now, the Hawks aren't in a cap crunch. Not sure your consistent negativity towards Jones, his play is just about the only thing keeping the Hawks from being San Jose bad to start the season. It's been great to have him for the rookie defensemen.

BHawk21

Mar 21, 2022
Because, it would be a high level for a guy making 3mil, not 9.5. It's completely relevant.
Nope its not. I am not talking about Seth Jones contract. I dont know why insist on bringing it up.

Hes playing at a high level for an NHL defenseman.

shakes the clown

Jan 11, 2010
Chicago
Nope its not. I am not talking about Seth Jones contract. I dont know why insist on bringing it up.

no he's not. regardless of contract. He's playing like a 2nd pairing d man. Nothing wrong with that, except he's our 1st pairing D man.

kmwtrucks

Mar 11, 2014
he has been teh 2nd best D man on one of the worst teams in the league. Vlasic has been the best

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.

No, he's not. A high level for a defenseman is Cale Makar, or Adam Fox, Rasmus Dahlin, Victor Hedman. He isn't anywhere close to high level.

His contract is irrelevant right now, the Hawks aren't in a cap crunch. Not sure your consistent negativity towards Jones, his play is just about the only thing keeping the Hawks from being San Jose bad to start the season. It's been great to have him for the rookie defensemen.
It's relevant when you are talking about him being a "high level Dman" he isn't that, not even close. I'd prefer we didn't have him, and were as bad as San Jose.

BHawk21

Mar 21, 2022
No, he's not. A high level for a defenseman is Cale Makar, or Adam Fox, Rasmus Dahlin, Victor Hedman. He isn't anywhere close to high level.

It's relevant when you are talking about him being a "high level Dman" he isn't that, not even close. I'd prefer we didn't have him, and were as bad as San Jose.
You just named the top 5 defenseman in the league. Some would say elite.

Hes been playing as well as Heiskanen Peitrangelo Josi Sergachev Toews Pulock Pelech most of which are in considerably better situations. All high level players IMO.

he has been teh 2nd best D man on one of the worst teams in the league. Vlasic has been the best
cmon now. Vlasic had 1 game where he was better than Jones and I am very excited about what we have seen from him. If Vlasic becomes anything close to Seth Jones right now we are very very lucky.

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
You just named the top 5 defenseman in the league. Some would say elite.

Hes been playing as well as Heiskanen Peitrangelo Josi Sergachev Toews Pulock Pelech most of which are in considerably better situations. All high level players IMO.
That's what high level is.

and lol no he's not. I mean, maybe Peitrangelo, Pulock, and Pelech, none I would consider high level.

Malaka

you know, **** it, let’s just not think so much
Mar 3, 2020
www.youtube.com
Bro, come on.

You can't be so blind as to think Seth Jones is on the level of Josi, Toews, or Heiskanen.
Josi put up 60 points in 67 games last year & barely missed 100 the year before…

Heiskanen ~ 75 last year

Toews, maybe. But he’s more of a #2 and in the pack of top ~45 I’d say? Idk

hawksrule

Lot of brains but no polish
May 18, 2014
So Korchinski yet again is the worst defensive player on this team.

Saying he's a bigger Gus might be a reach because even Gus wasn't that bad.

Fun fact- we traded one of the best players in the NHL currently for a bust.
Fun fact: four years ago you wanted to trade Debrincat and the #3oa for Subban.

Malaka

you know, **** it, let’s just not think so much
Mar 3, 2020
www.youtube.com
I’d argue he isn’t positive all around. Maybe I’m projecting but I don’t see him playing well with bedard? Many times I caught him holding the puck with Bedard open, maybe saw him as a puck hog. I also feel like competing with the young D and losing his place on the team as “the guy” might turn more of a sore spot over time. And near the halfway point of the 6 years left, we’ll probably be lucky if he’s a #3 at the age of 33 on. $9.5m will be tough to swallow.

For what it’s worth last season, among defensemen his p/60 ranked at 73, p/60 5v5 ranked 103, p/60 pp ranked 82; and points per game ranked 47. Less than 15 D in the league over 30 had a 40 point pace last season. Only 4 over the age of 33 in total.

I’m all for recognizing this is in a vacuum as the recent Laz article states, but analytically his defensive game has always been a net negative too. And this is someone who relies on “athleticism” to be effective, which will wane as he gets older. Didn’t get the chance to exclude outliers in the rankings above but it’s still a little rough for someone who plays 24+ minutes a night. He might be a #2 right now offensively, and #3/4 defensively; while he might be a minute muncher if his body holds up and he can avoid injury, what does the gradual decline lead him to? A top 4? Does his play or defensive tutelage on the back half actually benefit the young guns then?

BHawk21

Mar 21, 2022
Bro, come on.

You can't be so blind as to think Seth Jones is on the level of Josi, Toews, or Heiskanen.
Why are you arguing against something I didnt say?

I said hes playing as well as them right now.

Last edited:

BHawk21

Mar 21, 2022
Cool, he's playing as well as them right now, which for their sake, isn't that good and certainly not a high level.
You just love to argue huh. I believe that Seth Jones is playing a high level right now. You do not have to believe the same thing. We can move on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad