Series Talk: WCSF Vancouver Canucks vs Edmonton Oilers. (Series tied 3-3)

You prediction for this series?

• Vancouver in 7

Votes: 190 16.9%
  • Vancouver in 6

Votes: 191 17.0%
  • Vancouver in 5

Votes: 46 4.1%
  • Vancouver in 4

Votes: 40 3.6%
  • Edmonton in 7

Votes: 82 7.3%
  • Edmonton in 6

Votes: 362 32.2%
  • Edmonton in 5

Votes: 174 15.5%
  • Edmonton in 4

Votes: 40 3.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
IMG_6101.jpeg

Vancouver Canucks vs Edmonton Oilers
WCSF

***Mod notes***

We understand this will be an intense series filled with emotions. We ask that you refrain from personal attacks towards others members, fans, and cities.

If you feel someone is baiting or trolling you, please report it rather than reply. Thank you.

Last edited:

Angry Little Elf

My wife came back
Apr 9, 2012
Victoria B.C.
I think Nucks is a bubbleteam who has overachived, like Flames some years ago (regular) and Canadiens in that playoffrun.

Some team always surprise every season, but most of them goes back to normal the season after and some even longer.

Enjoy the moment and stay rational, its hurts less then when the truth catch you.
lol. Life comes at you fast

Brookbank

Nov 15, 2022
Canucks Sportsnet analyst Thomas Drance really piped up on his show about how shakey Pickard was. He says rebounds were bad. I didn't really see it that way at all honestly

ziploc

Aug 29, 2003
Vancouver
Any pro goalie can step in and take a team the distance. Any "proven" star #1 can melt down and be terrible. Having The best player in the world playing injured isn't in the same stratosphere as some goalie being out, and another one standing on his head.
Yes, if this series has proven anything it's that goaltending doesn't matter.

Reactions: WetcoastOrca

Maria Sharapova

Jun 4, 2010
I'm not claiming he's injured. This is the first I've heard of it. I'm saying, if McDavid is playing injured, it's not the same thing as Demko being out.
You’re right it’s not the same it’s in fact worse. It’s the oilers equivalent of having Jack Campbell injured oh wait… Demko out is only reason this wasn’t a sweep.

geebster

Sponsor
Oct 26, 2019
To the people who defend the charging call... when you see someone standing there across the street from you, are you afraid they are charging towards you? Do scarecrows in open fields appear to be coming after you? If so please seek medical attention.

The very word CHARGING means something. The rule itself is also super clear. If you jump in place you have only charged at the air above you. The only calls they can make there is elbowing, interference, rule 48 (check to the head) or possibly unsportsmanlike conduct (since it is subjective AF). In my (admittedly biased) opinion, it isnt even a penalty. You are still allowed to hit people and hit them hard in hockey.

Brb my phone is charging and I'm scared.

Izzy Goodenough

Oct 11, 2020
Canucks Sportsnet analyst Thomas Drance really piped up on his show about how shakey Pickard was. He says rebounds were bad. I didn't really see it that way at all honestly

Drancer sniffs out negative takes and since there are currently few for the Canucks, he has switched his nose to the Oilers.

I don't think that Pickard is the problem, unless you think his goalposts give rebounds.

Kranix

Deranged Homer
Jun 27, 2012
You said missing a Vezina-level goalie is nothing compared to superstar forward having a boo-boo.
I said having the best player not functioning is more of a problem than goalies being voodoo. How's your homemade "No Demko" badge of honor coming along? I think they'll buy you a beer anywhere in North America if you show it.

• Wow
Reactions: stampedingviking

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON

He gave up some big juicy rebounds right into the slot area but the Canucks didn’t capitalize for the most part.

When we had Ray Emery for our 2007 run to the Cup final, he was a good first shot stopper but the D had to work pretty hard to clear the rebounds.

If your D adjusts properly it’s not the end of the world.

Reactions: Angry Little Elf

ziploc

Aug 29, 2003
Vancouver
I said having the best player not functioning is more of a problem than goalies being voodoo. How's your homemade "No Demko" badge of honor coming along? I think they'll buy you a beer anywhere in North America if you show it.
And (ignoring inane commentary) I responded by gently suggesting that an investment in goaltending perhaps matters a smidgeon more than you are letting on. Missing Demko has been a huge deal, and likely will continue to be.

Essentially I am suggesting that the Canucks have overcome as big an obstacle as the Oilers have, or arguably bigger. We don't (as you say) even know if McDavid is injured, he may just be neutralised by Miller. That isn't an obstacle so much as just the play of the game.

JAK

Non-registered User
Jul 10, 2010
I mean if Oilers fans wants to play the McDavid hurt card, Canucks fans can point at Pettersson, Mikheyev, and Hronek.

Injuries are a part of playoff hockey, if one guy playing hurt means your team is out, then your team isn't built properly.

Kranix

Deranged Homer
Jun 27, 2012
And (ignoring inane commentary) I responded by gently suggesting that an investment in goaltending perhaps matters a smidgeon more than you are letting on. Missing Demko has been a huge deal, and likely will continue to be.
No, actually, you twisted what I said. An investment in goaltending might get you $10 Bills Bobrovsky posting an .896 so far, or "Vezina-level" Hellebuyck putting up .870. Silovs has stepped in and approached the arbitrary "good" performance of .915. Post pics of the badge, though.

JKG33

Leafs & Kings
Oct 31, 2009
Winnipeg
I was just listening to NHL Network Radio.. Steve Kouleas and Marty Biron were on. They were both insistent that Skinner is the guy, and now that Pickard lost they've gotta go back to Skinner.

That seems like a monumentally stupid call

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Pickard played pretty well.

It was the rest of the team that was concerning.

I get that sometimes you have to switch out the goalie just to change up the mojo, but facing elimination after he played a decent game doesn’t seem to be the right time.

ziploc

Aug 29, 2003
Vancouver
No, actually, you twisted what I said. An investment in goaltending might get you $10 Bills Bobrovsky posting an .896 so far, or "Vezina-level" Hellebuyck putting up .870. Silovs has stepped in and approached the arbitrary "good" performance of .915. Post pics of the badge, though.
Got it. Goalies are arbitrary and totally interchangeable. Skinner, Demko, Hasek, who cares? Invest heavily in forwards and cover them in bubble wrap = success.

Billy Kvcmu

Dec 5, 2014
West Vancouver
Pickard played pretty well.

It was the rest of the team that was concerning.

I get that sometimes you have to switch out the goalie just to change up the mojo, but facing elimination after he played a decent game doesn’t seem to the right time.
I actually don’t think he played that well tbh
Canucks hit 2-3 irons + Kulak saved a goal from the goal line

Pickard was lucky

Do the Oilers go back to Skinner who brought them here? Or do they start a career jounrney man who could very well turn back into a pumpkin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad