Post-Game Talk: Blackhawks 4, Oilers 1

Per Sjoblom

Jan 3, 2018
I wonder if Dahlin would refuse to report...

Hi, Swedish Canucks fan here coming in peace. I can tell you he would not like to get picked by Arizona, he might even do a Lindroos. Imagine playing in that hot hell with an average age of plus 60 and zero hockey culture. All Swedes know that Canada has hockey culture, southern US not so much.

space321

May 11, 2011
they've quit

McDavid has 1 point in 6 games
Drai has 2 points in 5 games
RNH? 1 point in 5 games
Talbot's save % has blown up

incredible

Good thing we have Adam "top pairing shutdown D" Larsson anchoring the defense back there. 18:02 TOI, lowest on the team (not counting Auvitu). LOL top pair my ass. When do you see a top pairing Dman play that little when the team is struggling and needing someone to step up? Keep lying to yourself though. Eventually Chiarelli will trade a 3rd round pick for OEL right? Or should we wait for Dahlin to come in and fix this team, then give that credit to Larsson?

LemmyUlanov55

4th line grinder
Apr 3, 2016
Honestly i'll be surprised if Nuge doesn't get traded (Trust me i don't want this to happen since he's playing lights out this year i just don't trust Chia will keep him around)
That's exactly what I was talking about. I can see something really stupid happening, like Nurse for a 2nd or other nutty trades..

Hockey Nightmare

Oct 25, 2007
Hi, Swedish Canucks fan here coming in peace. I can tell you he would not like to get picked by Arizona, he might even do a Lindroos. Imagine playing in that hot hell with an average age of plus 60 and zero hockey culture. All Swedes know that Canada has hockey culture, southern US not so much.

Thanks, funny though, I lot of Canadians love that 'hot hell'.

Reactions: Night Witch

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton

OEL lived in my complex there for a while, really nice guy. Seemed to like it.

Reactions: Per Sjoblom

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
Eberle, Oesterle, Pouliot, Pitlick, Hendricks, DD for Jokinen, Auvitu, Strome and cap space.

I don't see that as getting rid of a bunch of vets, teams move out players like that every offseason. Chia's inactivity was the main issue this offseason, not who he got rid of.
This is pretty much the same roster as they had last season outside of Eberle for Strome.

CantHaveTkachev

Legends
Nov 30, 2004
St. OILbert, AB
Good thing we have Adam "top pairing shutdown D" Larsson anchoring the defense back there. 18:02 TOI, lowest on the team (not counting Auvitu). LOL top pair my ass. When do you see a top pairing Dman play that little when the team is struggling and needing someone to step up? Keep lying to yourself though. Eventually Chiarelli will trade a 3rd round pick for OEL right? Or should we wait for Dahlin to come in and fix this team, then give that credit to Larsson?
ok, but where am I wrong?

these guys are our core...and need to score

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
Pouliot? Don't see the others as our PK. Which he replaced with Jokinen, which on paper was a good move.
Hendricks was a good character guy that wasn't replaced. Don't think it's a huge coincidence that the Jets are better with him.

I don't see that as getting rid of a bunch of vets, teams move out players like that every offseason. Chia's inactivity was the main issue this offseason, not who he got rid of.
This is pretty much the same roster as they had last season outside of Eberle for Strome.
Being inactive would've been less damaging. Chia was brain dead this offseason. Bringing the exact same team back would've been a better move. A lot if the guys we let go are having decent seasons elsewhere.

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
Being inactive would've been less damaging. Chia was brain dead this offseason. Bringing the exact same team back would've been a better move. A lot if the guys we let go are having decent seasons elsewhere.

Well, those guys were non-factors last season outside of Eberle so yeah, pretty much the same roster.
Inactivity was the problem in the offseason, not giving up so many valuable players.

CantHaveTkachev

Legends
Nov 30, 2004
St. OILbert, AB
I can tell you what team is losing with the worst collection of wingers in the league. This one. Strome directly responsible for two GA this game. But hey, cap space!!
oh ignoring what I said and blaming it on "but no wingerz!!"...solid retort

again, McDavid having 1 measly point in the last 6 games is ok with you?

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Not really accurate. Over the last 2-3 seasons the pk has been entirely decimated and with most of the best pk'ers no longer on it. Of course one also needs to look at the wider scope of what we are missing offensively and how its been replaced. For instance. Hall, Eberle, Yak, Pouliot, Pitlick, gone. On a team hurting for wingers now this is somewhat curious.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad