Series Discussion Western Conference Finals - Dallas vs. Edmonton | Oilers lead 3-2

Kipper 17

Aug 11, 2006
Calgary, AB
Feels like the Oilers path to victory is us taking too many penalties. I believe we were one of the least penalized teams in the regular season. Where we at in that regard in the playoffs?

FirstRowUpperDeck

May 20, 2014
Arlington, TX
How confident am I in a Stars series win? I'll go as high as 51% chance, lol.

I preferred EDM to VAN, based on our record against them this year, and earlier years, where Miro and Co. were the first to keep McDavid without a point in an entire game. Also, we can use the same proven formula we used to beat a similar COL team, i.e., one line team with poor goalie.

That said, now that we got them, I am still worried that the run may be over.

Reactions: Satan

Kipper 17

Aug 11, 2006
Calgary, AB
It’s hard not to look at the Oilers and just see a worse version of the Avalanche. They’ve got worse, goaltending, defense, and depth than the Avs, with arguably better star power.

I’m trying not to be overconfident because I find tempering my expectations to be the best option for my mental health but on paper this looks like our easiest matchup so far.

piqued

nos merentur hoc
Nov 22, 2006
This will be a different kind of PK challenge than the Colorado series where they're always trying to work the puck low and then go across the box, Edmonton generates a ton from the point using the threat of McDrai to draw the PKers down.

roryjones

Oct 17, 2022
1716326203018.gif

Edmonton fans on the main board right now trying to downplay Dallas.

Azzuri

Feb 6, 2017
View attachment 874040
Edmonton fans on the main board right now trying to downplay Dallas.
Ya i had to peace out of that thread real fast. There's Oilers fans on there who have no idea who any of our players are. So much for Canada being hockey crazy.

You got a weird mix of outside fans who think Dallas will win in 4 games and others who think the Oilers have similar depth as Dallas because the points totals of their forward cores is similar. Just madness on both sides.

Hull Fan

The Future is Now
Mar 21, 2007
Arlington, TX
The thing that bothers me is the comparisons. McDavid > McKinnon. Sure no problem but he's not light years better. McKinnon is scary as f***.

Bouchard > Makar. I'm not so sure about that. He's obviously having a great playoffs but to argue he's superior to Makar and will score at will against Dallas is hilarious.

Drai > Nichushkin Totally agree but Nuke was dominating till he done f***ed up. Drai is great. Dallas has to be aware of where he is every time he's on the ice but they were when Rantanen was too. So people think we're going to forget how to hockey with the 5 day rest?

Edmonton can beat Dallas. McDrai could absolutely go ham and win it all. But that's what has to happen. Dallas is going to score on Skinner. If Otter is better, and there's no reason to think he won't be, Dallas should win. Better road team, better depth lines, better overall defense, better goaltending, and quite frankly better coaching. Fair reffing and this series ends in no more than 6 games. Good guys win.

roryjones

Oct 17, 2022
Ya i had to peace out of that thread real fast. There's Oilers fans on there who have no idea who any of our players are. So much for Canada being hockey crazy.

You got a weird mix of outside fans who think Dallas will win in 4 games and others who think the Oilers have similar depth as Dallas because the points totals of their forward cores is similar. Just madness on both sides.
Yeah the main board is full clowns. Went back and forth with some that wanted to claim they would have beaten Vegas cause their goalies were not the same as last year. I threw in their goalie is trash and they started the insults. So I shot back and now the snowflakes complain I need to stop insults as they insult me some more.

At the end of the day I think Edmonton is a lesser version of Colorado with weaker goalie.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad