Post-Game Talk: Blackhawks 4, Oilers 1

LemmyUlanov55

4th line grinder
Apr 3, 2016
Kinda amusing to see Oesterle scoring for the Hawks. I was asking myself in the offseason what player would make more sense to sign, Gryba or Oesterle.. Guess Chicago is really good at finding bottom pairing D's other teams don't want anymore.
This season looks to be over, I'm afraid of what might happen if Chia gets green light for a firesale torwards/at the deadline..

Soliloquy of a Dogge

I love you, Boots
Aug 8, 2012
San Diego, CA
Good news - with no playoffs paying for my sons wedding won’t hurt nearly as much!

Bad news - this was the year I decided to go to 9 Oiler road games. Anaheim, LA, San Jose, Vegas and Arizona all coming up.

At least the 3 NY area and Washington games were good.
Come to my place in San Diego and chill instead. It will be more fun

We can drive up to LA and egg Katz's mansion.

MoontoScott

Jun 2, 2012
An encapsulation of the Oiler season (at least for me) came late in the second period.

Puls, a 19 year old forward makes a beautiful defensive play and then in the same shift puts a perfect pass on the stick of Lucic who is all by himself in front of the Chicago goaltender. The result? Not even a shot on goal. As a veteran forward with a huge salary you have to make that play. 2 minutes later Chicago scores and its essentially game over. Excuse me, season over.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
Doesn't appear to be correcting itself any time soon.

Not until we invest in a decent pro and amateur scout corps and decide the minors are a place to develop players, not just play useless AHL and ECHL vets. Our minor league system has been a joke for 30 years.

Reactions: RegDunlop

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Ryan Strome is one of the worst veteran players I have ever seen. Not only is he completely inept offensively he has no game or instinct anywhere.

24secs left 2nd period. You have the puck in offensive end against a decent line. Instead of playing sensible hockey and going to the intermission with it still a game he pinches, gets on the wrong side of the puck and on that play alone grants the Hawks, with Toews on ice, an odd man rush. Strome loses the battle, then loses a second battle for the puck with Toews in own zone even though he takes a penalty, and Toews still makes the play he wants and its a hawks goal with 9 secs left. Game over.

Strome not yet content Screens Talbot lazily skating in front of the net on the Hawks next goal. The Chicago telecast just absolutely skewered strome on that play. They really blamed him for just strolling in front there covering nothing and not even knowing a shot is coming.

Refreshing to see opponent telecasts that are much more candid, if not truthful.

MikeGrier99

May 20, 2017
We're going to wake up tomorrow and hear that MacT is the new head coach and Scott Howson is taking over as the new GM.

Garbo Man

Meh
Oct 15, 2017
Sherwood Park
Kinda amusing to see Oesterle scoring for the Hawks. I was asking myself in the offseason what player would make more sense to sign, Gryba or Oesterle.. Guess Chicago is really good at finding bottom pairing D's other teams don't want anymore.
This season looks to be over, I'm afraid of what might happen if Chia gets green light for a firesale torwards/at the deadline..

Honestly i'll be surprised if Nuge doesn't get traded (Trust me i don't want this to happen since he's playing lights out this year i just don't trust Chia will keep him around)

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
That's exactly what they did this year. Got rid of a bunch of vets.

Letestu& Maroon are the type of vets I'm talking about.

Lucic, Maroon, Kassian, Letestu on the starting F group is just too much to watch. Too many stone hands.

I understand that physical play is nice but you have to have talent 1st, speed 2nd and then physicality.

No we don't that years team Had EVERYONE on the IR for extended stretches. Beleive it wasnt till march where we had the full roster available for the first time since game 1

We have no kids to play

That's why Chia can't be spending his high picks on players.

Hockey Nightmare

Oct 25, 2007
I think even the media guys are getting fed up. I notice less tweeting. Bob didn't even tweet out his post-game summary last time.

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
Not until we invest in a decent pro and amateur scout corps and decide the minors are a place to develop players, not just play useless AHL and ECHL vets. Our minor league system has been a joke for 30 years.
Absolutely. Whatever dipshit told Chia to target Strome should never work in hockey ever again.

Reactions: MikeGrier99

OfCorsiDid

54 goals? Must've been the money!
Mar 20, 2017
Toronto, ON
983.jpg

DaGap

Sponsor
Sep 27, 2017
I think even the media guys are getting fed up. I notice less tweeting. Bob didn't even tweet out his post-game summary last time.

Not fed up. Getting told by management to start laying the ground work to dump them. Happens with every player Oilers are about to trade

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
Ryan Strome is one of the worst veteran players I have ever seen. Not only is he completely inept offensively he has no game or instinct anywhere.

24secs left 2nd period. You have the puck in offensive end against a decent line. Instead of playing sensible hockey and going to the intermission with it still a game he pinches, gets on the wrong side of the puck and on that play alone grants the Hawks, with Toews on ice, an odd man rush. Strome loses the battle, then loses a second battle for the puck with Toews in own zone even though he takes a penalty, and Toews still makes the play he wants and its a hawks goal with 9 secs left. Game over.

Strome not yet content Screens Talbot lazily skating in front of the net on the Hawks next goal. The Chicago telecast just absolutely skewered strome on that play. They really blamed him for just strolling in front there covering nothing and not even knowing a shot is coming.

Refreshing to see opponent telecasts that are much more candid, if not truthful.
CAP SPAAAACE!!!!

But yes Strome is the Cam Barker of forwards.

McDrai

Mar 29, 2009
Well they do have a problem with their decision-making. That Reinhart thing still drives me nuts. Passing on Barzal was an own-goal. I can't let it go.

I guess they figured that they were set at center but a lot of these prospects are long term prospects so the depth chart could look completely different once they are on the big club. Plus, if there is a standout BPA you usually take them regardless of position, especially if you are complete shit at drafting

Del Preston

Mar 8, 2013
The Oilers' Twitter has only tweeted out one post-game quote (from Kassian) so far...

Has the coach spoken?

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
The Oilers' Twitter has only tweeted out one post-game quote (from Kassian) so far...

Has the coach spoken?

It would be like an abdication speech.

Dead man walking.

Guaranteed that jobs are lost after this one.

Headcoach and one of the assistants won't survive this performance, not that its their primary fault.

The far better team won today and that team isn't even close to a playoff spot.

Garbo Man

Meh
Oct 15, 2017
Sherwood Park

Has the coach spoken?

He's probably gonna say something about how they had chances and need to start burying them and also something about sticking to systems and controlling the puck more or some shit, you know just like every post game interview he's had this year. Same shit, different day, same old Oilers. He's obviously lost the room and it's obvious in the fact that the players aren't playing hard for him. Time for a change sorry TMac but you've gotta go bud.

Reactions: Del Preston

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad