Post-Game Talk: Blackhawks 4, Oilers 1

Patch101

Feb 27, 2002
Kamloops
9ReRvb8.png

MikeGrier99

May 20, 2017
Like 5 games ago everyone was saying in post game interviews "We just need to find a way to do ______." Looks like they were hard at work on those goals.

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
What team was that? More than anything the mirage created as other teams play poorly looking forward to the Xmas break and the Oilers outplaying them while needing some wins. I don't think 4 games there really means all that much.
Good thing we entered a stretch of only western teams so we can make up ground.

Mez

Nov 16, 2017
last 5 games, 21 GA, 4 GF.....let that sink in.

MoontoScott

Jun 2, 2012
He's probably gonna say something about how they had chances and need to start burying them and also something about sticking to systems and controlling the puck more or some ****, you know just like every post game interview he's had this year. Same ****, different day, same old Oilers. He's obviously lost the room and it's obvious in the fact that the players aren't playing hard for him. Time for a change sorry TMac but you've gotta go bud.

Don't forget that "we have to take it one shift at a time, cycle the puck down low, win the puck battles and take advantage of our opportunities."

MikeGrier99

May 20, 2017
last 5 games, 21 GA, 3 GF.....let that sink in.

Everyone's after the coach and GM for good reason, but this last stretch is on the players. Losing by 4-5 goals in do or die games shows that the team just flat out doesn't care. Winnipeg kicked our ass with some of their best players out of the lineup. For shame to everyone in that locker room.

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
The GM took way too many risks and failed to upgrade the roster in any way. The coaches are stubborn and stick to a losing formula. The players are absolutely heartless, playing atrocious hockey during the most pivotal point of the season.

The whole organization is diseased right now, gotta bring in fresh life to this organization. And for god's sake, MacT and Lowe should never be around the Oilers ever again. It sickens me that they are involved in any way what so ever.

They just brought in fresh life a couple of years ago. Is recycling coaches and management every few years the answer? I don't know. This is a whole new roster from the one that Chia took on so is a complete rebuild the answer? I don't know.

Unfortunately, there is no easy answer. We could make the argument in the past that they needed a qualified and experienced GM and coach. Well, they've gone the experienced route with Chia and Mclellan so what's the answer? It's obvious that one or both have to go but the grass isn't always greener on the other side so be careful what you wish for.

Lowe and MacT are never going anywhere as long as Katz owns the team so there's no use in even discussing their dismissal.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad