B-Sens Bingo 2014-15 Season thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

sens83

Sep 22, 2009
Melbourne, FL
Ha! Spoons is at the BMets games too.

Main,

There are a bunch of art galleries on State St. If you stay at DoubleTree, walk two blocks north, if you find Burger Monday's you are in the right spot. Binghamton holds a First Friday usually where all of the galleries are open. I'm not sure if they are all open on Saturday during the day, as I've never been other than on First Friday. The Roberson Museum might be up your alley. If you are into comics, Johnny Hart was from Binghamton, he did B.C. in your Sunday newspaper comic strip. I think there is an exhibit of his works at The Bundy Museum on Main Street. Ross Park Zoo isn't a terrible afternoon killer either. It's small but it's one of the original zoo's in the country.

Cupcheck

May 16, 2007
Binghamton, NY
"ZekeA":

Any suggestions for the morning / afternoon on Saturday? My gf is rather artistic, and old-fashioned, and would appreciate something interesting to view or attend. I browsed the events on pressconnects and visitbinghamton.org but just thought I'd ask your input. Art exhibits? Anything Celtic / Irish in the area? Any nice walking trails? Sorry - I know that's a lot to ask, but if you have any suggestions they'd be appreciated.

There are a few art galleries on State St. about 2 blocks from the Double Tree. Look up Anthony Brunelli. His studio is on "Artist's Row", it's not much, but there are a few nice galleries there. If you like Antiques, Clinton St. is right across a bridge from the DT, there are a bunch of Antique shops there, you could walk or drive, this is known as "Antique Row", Mad Hatter is the best one. If you go that way, stop at the Old Union Hotel for lunch, IMO best wings in town and after the game you get a free beer with your ticket stub. All their food is very good and you can't beat $2 cans of beer. There is a walking path that goes through Down Town Binghamton, you can hop on it right behind your hotel, it goes along the river and will bring you to confluence park by the Arena (it's where the 2 rivers meet). The only things we have Celtic that come to mind are bars! LOL.

http://www.anthonybrunelli.com/
http://theoldunionhotel.com/
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Mad-Hatter-Antiques/351805631623671?rf=112079998856666

Sully1801

May 26, 2011
Binghamton, NY
"Spoons" also Yodels when he's feeling spry, so hopefully you out-of-towners are in for a treat this weekend, beyond seeing the Sens kick the Pens azz. He is definitely a colorful & unique character.

As far as things to do Saturday, there is a nice park, Otsiningo, which is about a 3 mile drive from downtown. It's right off Front Street which runs along the West side of the Chenango River. Enjoy!

sens83

Sep 22, 2009
Melbourne, FL
There are a few art galleries on State St. about 2 blocks from the Double Tree. Look up Anthony Brunelli. His studio is on "Artist's Row", it's not much, but there are a few nice galleries there. If you like Antiques, Clinton St. is right across a bridge from the DT, there are a bunch of Antique shops there, you could walk or drive, this is known as "Antique Row", Mad Hatter is the best one. If you go that way, stop at the Old Union Hotel for lunch, IMO best wings in town and after the game you get a free beer with your ticket stub. All their food is very good and you can't beat $2 cans of beer. There is a walking path that goes through Down Town Binghamton, you can hop on it right behind your hotel, it goes along the river and will bring you to confluence park by the Arena (it's where the 2 rivers meet). The only things we have Celtic that come to mind are bars! LOL.

http://www.anthonybrunelli.com/
http://theoldunionhotel.com/
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Mad-Hatter-Antiques/351805631623671?rf=112079998856666

Dive bars at that! Sometimes those are the best ones though. House of Reardon's or McGirks

ZekeA

The Pride is Back...
Jan 13, 2009
Where the Cup is
Frank Mathers Trophy ☺☻☺

The Frank Mathers Trophy, awarded annually to the regular season East Division Champions, has arrived #BSens #OneGoal pic.twitter.com/VhHtGa0sSb

Bl_8tZKIcAA6VpP.jpg

Via BSens twitter......

Ski

Calder Cup Champs
Oct 18, 2007
Binghamton, NY
Pens with a big advantage in NHL experience and age as the first line of Zlobin-Ebbett-Kobasew averages out to 27.33 while the top line for Bingo is 21.66 in Puempel-Da Costa-Stone.

Something to ponder when it comes to the post season..

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
How does every feel about our chances in the playoffs?

It sounds like the pundits are expecting big things from Bingo

Cupcheck

May 16, 2007
Binghamton, NY

I'm cautiously optimistic. Hammond is a concern, as said, if he keeps the softies out of the net we should be okay.

WB/S has a ton of experience on their roster. Their addition of Kobasew is HUGE. Scoring was their biggest issue all year, then Kobasew cleared and came down and he's had 11g, 2A in 12 games BUT their goals average actually went down to 2.58 with him, it was 2.73 in games without him. He just worries me, 600 NHL games, his recent hot streak... hopefully we can lock him down.

We have the offense, there is no question about that. If it's one thing this team can do its score goals. Our D is much better with Grant, Mullen and Ceci... Wideman is a big loss, hopefully he isn't gone long. Blood or Sdao are a liability when out there.

I really think this series goes one of two ways; it's either an absolute battle goes 4 or five games and Binghamton wins, or we just get destroyed and swept.

Sully1801

May 26, 2011
Binghamton, NY

High Expectations=High Disappointment

Don't get me wrong, I hope they do well and go deep in the playoffs
There's nothing like going to watch your favorite hockey team play in June, in shorts & sandals :nod:

ZekeA

The Pride is Back...
Jan 13, 2009
Where the Cup is
Playoff Hockey ☺☻☺

I had my pregame nap, now the nerves are starting to set in happens to me before playoff games...............

Hell I am in my late 80's it still does it to me God I do love it so.............................

As for the series IF Binghamton's offense can load the net with the PP clicking they will be OK............

IF it becomes a tight close checking game that would favor the Pens, as they have better and deeper goaltending and their D is better................................. Pens are a veteran team they know what they are doing part that annoys me as they can be cheap and they get away with it, scary.......................

Whats going to happen who knows and we all know what I want to happen.................................

JUST DO IT.......................................

Sun God Nika

Palestine <3.
Apr 22, 2013
I had my pregame nap, now the nerves are starting to set in happens to me before playoff games...............

Hell I am in my late 80's it still does it to me God I do love it so.............................

As for the series IF Binghamton's offense can load the net with the PP clicking they will be OK............

IF it becomes a tight close checking game that would favor the Pens, as they have better and deeper goaltending and their D is better................................. Pens are a veteran team they know what they are doing part that annoys me as they can be cheap and they get away with it, scary.......................

Whats going to happen who knows and we all know what I want to happen.................................

calm down bingo is winning the cup.

OD99

Oct 13, 2012

Love it!!! I hope I can be around and continue to enjoy life so much into my late 80's.

GO BINGO!!!!

MainDotC

Depth Defenceman
Apr 29, 2007
Westerville, OH
I'm all checked in here at the Doubletree and we're walking over to the arena :) beautiful view of the river from the 8th floor! my woman knows how to do it up! (She reserved the rooms)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad