B-Sens Bingo 2014-15 Season thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

OD99

Oct 13, 2012
Thanks Ski - lover your write-ups and appreciate the embedded highlights as well.

So stoked Puempel got his 30th - in the grand scheme it doesn't really matter, he has proven in his first year that he has a pro's touch around the net but that is a pretty significant bench mark and hopefully gives him even more confidence going into the play-offs.

What have your thoughts been in Dzingel? I haven't been able to see any games lately but I see him in the highlights and on the score sheet a fair bit - I would say I am surprised how much he appears to be involved in the play.

Goaltending seems to be pretty shaky lately though - would that be our Achilles at the moment or are the D giving up lots of good chances as well?

Ski

Calder Cup Champs
Oct 18, 2007
Binghamton, NY
Thanks Ski - lover your write-ups and appreciate the embedded highlights as well.

So stoked Puempel got his 30th - in the grand scheme it doesn't really matter, he has proven in his first year that he has a pro's touch around the net but that is a pretty significant bench mark and hopefully gives him even more confidence going into the play-offs.

What have your thoughts been in Dzingel? I haven't been able to see any games lately but I see him in the highlights and on the score sheet a fair bit - I would say I am surprised how much he appears to be involved in the play.

Goaltending seems to be pretty shaky lately though - would that be our Achilles at the moment or are the D giving up lots of good chances as well?

Thanks for the kind words.I just posted my thoughts on Dzingel in the 4th quarter grades thread.

Hammond needs to be focused and remain sharp if we are going deep this year. Greenham is okay and we got a small sample of Dreidger last night as he looks promising. Lawson is finished so Hammy is forced to carry the weight.

D looks really good w/ the addition of Ceci, as that's not a concern. Neither is the offense and we have some vets who are still w/ us from the 2011 Cup year, so goaltending will be an issue for us.

HonestSenator

Dec 11, 2013
Nice Write up. Hope the BSens get some momentum in the first round. After the regular season, all teams are on an equal footing.

Sully1801

May 26, 2011
Binghamton, NY
Forward lines

Matt Puempel-Stephane Da Costa-Mark Stone
Shane Prince-Jean-Gabriel Pageau-Buddy Robinson
David Dziurzynski-Derek Grant-Cole Schneider
Wacey Hamilton-Ryan Dzingel-Garrett Thompson
Corey Cowick-Darren Kramer

Defensive pairings

Mark Borowiecki-Patrick Mullen
Fredrik Claesson-Alex Grant
Mike Sdao-Cody Ceci

complete Press & Sun Bulletin article here:
http://php.pressconnects.com/blogs/...ovide-glimpse-game-1-lineup-mondays-practice/

sens83

Sep 22, 2009
Melbourne, FL
Forward lines

Defensive pairings

Mike Sdao-Cody Ceci

http://php.pressconnects.com/blogs/...ovide-glimpse-game-1-lineup-mondays-practice/

Sully,

Is Wideman injured? Surprising that he isn't in over someone else given his play the past few seasons.

EDIT:

Nevermind, it helps if you actually click on the article and read it before you post a reply. Looks like he was injured on Friday....revised question, what happened!?

MainDotC

Depth Defenceman
Apr 29, 2007
Westerville, OH
Sully,

Is Wideman injured? Surprising that he isn't in over someone else given his play the past few seasons.

EDIT:

Nevermind, it helps if you actually click on the article and read it before you post a reply. Looks like he was injured on Friday....revised question, what happened!?

It would probably also help if you would read the GDT's.

Johnny Hanson

Jul 6, 2008
Forward lines

Defensive pairings

Mike Sdao-Cody Ceci

Thanks. It's too bad Wideman was injured. Hopefully Ceci and Alex grant can step up

God Says No

Mar 16, 2012
I'm surprised Dzingel is playing over Cowick. Cowick has been a good bottom 6 guy who kills penalties well.

Cupcheck

May 16, 2007
Binghamton, NY
I cannot see Cowick sitting in round 1, no way.

I would bench Hamilton, I think he's terrible. Really brings nothing to the table. He has one good rush up ice for a goal a few games ago, that's it.

My 4th line = Cowick, Dzingle, Thompson

tenpinsplit

Nov 9, 2005
Binghamton

I would bench Hamilton, I think he's terrible. Really brings nothing to the table. He has one good rush up ice for a goal a few games ago, that's it.

the line of prince, robinson, dzingle has been solid the past couple games. but it becomes a matter of #s, where are you going to put these guys.

Sully1801

May 26, 2011
Binghamton, NY
I suspect we'll see some tweaking of those lines before Friday's game
Hopefully Wideman will be back in the lineup this weekend.
Gotta say Dzingle has been impressive so far. He has good skills and skates like the wind. I think he's going to make a positive impact here in the post season

Cupcheck

May 16, 2007
Binghamton, NY
Exactly... Derek Grant is not going to center the 4th line. He's been working well with Dizzy and Schneider lately, so you don't want to mess that up. JGP is not moving down to 4th line, Dzingle by way of the #'s is the 4th line center. Give him some offensive minded guys to play with. Out of the choices:

Cowick
Hamilton
Kramer
Thompson

Cowick and Thompson IMO give you the most offensive potential.

It's not like you need Hamilton for his PK, we have plenty of forwards who can kill a penalty.

ZekeA

The Pride is Back...
Jan 13, 2009
Where the Cup is
Dziurzynski ☺☻☺

:laugh: yep..guilty

I'll bet even less could spell Dziurzynski without doing a cut & paste or seeing 1st

"Sully#1801":

Dziurzynski is easy I just refer to him as DD, makes life easier. or I cut and paste like you do........................

King Karlsson

Gersei Chongar
Sep 30, 2011

That's disappointing. I thought Hamilton looked pretty good at the dev camp and I thought he could be a dark horse. Looks like Dzingel was the one I should've been watching :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad