ZekeA

The Pride is Back...
Jan 13, 2009
Where the Cup is

Cupcheck

May 16, 2007
Binghamton, NY
How is Kramer developing?

IMO Kramer has improved quite a bit this season from last, but he's still a sub par player. As said, he's not fast, his skating is mediocre, he doesn't keep a puck on his stick very well... He plays his role pretty well however. He sticks up for his teammates, he'll drop 'em with anyone, he agitates. I think he does best on the forecheck. His play in his own zone is not very good. He and his line mates get pinned in the zone quite a bit...

One thing that Richardson has done for the second half of the year is whenever we score a goal he sends out the Kramer, Hamilton, Cowick line. It's been frightening. I can't count the number of times I'm saying "We're either taking a penalty or getting scored on here". Many times they end up just running around and icing the puck once or twice to settle things down.

My biggest knock on Luke is his in game management. For instance he had the line mentioned above out in the 3rd period of Friday's WB/S game (for the division) vs. their top line with NHL talents Andrew Ebbett and Chuck Kobasew (800 NHL games between them) :shakehead

Luke's put 4 forwards on the PP late in games when we're clinging to a 1 goal lead and we gave up a shortie to tie.

I'm rambling now... Anyway, I don't see an NHL future for Darren Kramer, most likely a career AHL "enforcer/agitator".

sens83

Sep 22, 2009
Melbourne, FL
Can't wait for Friday! Finishing off work at 3 pm and heading down 81. Going to stay the night and try to find an itinerary for Saturday. Looks like the Lost Dog Cafe will be in there for lunch.

If you like craft beer, check out Water St Brewing and Galaxy Brewing. All within walking distance from DoubleTree and Arena.

MainDotC

Depth Defenceman
Apr 29, 2007
Westerville, OH
If you like craft beer, check out Water St Brewing and Galaxy Brewing. All within walking distance from DoubleTree and Arena.

Thanks - I'm not a drinker but I will be with some who are so perhaps we'll check it out. I'm trying to build a list on visitbinghamton.org.

Johnny Hanson

Jul 6, 2008
Ill be heading down Saturday night, looking forward to my first trip to Binghamton. Water st brewing sounds good

Sully1801

May 26, 2011
Binghamton, NY
Omfg my gf did not reserve the rooms yet and Doubletree is sold out! *sigh* so much for an easy walk to the arena.

The Grand Royale and Holiday Inn are also well within walking distance of the Arena & several restaurants / local watering holes

other than those 3, you'll have to drive a few miles, but you should be able to find something close

Johnny Hanson

Jul 6, 2008
Both are, Holiday Inn is right across the street, DoubleTree is the "nicer" one. Although both aren't terrible places imo.

Ya were just in for the game Saturday so definitely not looking for a room at the ritz! Just looking forwar to the game and to check out a few of the local establishments

MainDotC

Depth Defenceman
Apr 29, 2007
Westerville, OH
It turns out just the rooms w/ 1 King Bed are sold out. We just booked a room w/ two queens. Would rather have more space w/ 1 bed but we'll see if we can upgrade when we check in - might be some cancellations. We'll be sitting in section 26, row A (right by the stone slab) and hopefully see Bingo score a lot in the 1st and 3rd periods!

sens83

Sep 22, 2009
Melbourne, FL
It turns out just the rooms w/ 1 King Bed are sold out. We just booked a room w/ two queens. Would rather have more space w/ 1 bed but we'll see if we can upgrade when we check in - might be some cancellations. We'll be sitting in section 26, row A (right by the stone slab) and hopefully see Bingo score a lot in the 1st and 3rd periods!

I hope that doesn't mean that there are a lot of WB/S people making the journey. Rather a lot of Ottawa people coming down.

MainDotC

Depth Defenceman
Apr 29, 2007
Westerville, OH
In addition to walking around - prolly going to catch Transcendence on Saturday before the game.

Don't forget the BSens are asking everyone to wear white. They're attempting a white out

We only have red jerseys so that's just how it is. I have a Sergei Zholtok (God rest his soul) jersey from 1997 but I don't fit in it anymore.

I hope that doesn't mean that there are a lot of WB/S people making the journey. Rather a lot of Ottawa people coming down.

My gf said she spoke to the front desk at the DoubleTree and that is in fact what spiked reservations. Guess we'll see for sure on Friday.

MainDotC

Depth Defenceman
Apr 29, 2007
Westerville, OH
"ZekeA":

Any suggestions for the morning / afternoon on Saturday? My gf is rather artistic, and old-fashioned, and would appreciate something interesting to view or attend. I browsed the events on pressconnects and visitbinghamton.org but just thought I'd ask your input. Art exhibits? Anything Celtic / Irish in the area? Any nice walking trails? Sorry - I know that's a lot to ask, but if you have any suggestions they'd be appreciated.

ZekeA

The Pride is Back...
Jan 13, 2009
Where the Cup is
"MainDotC":

Good questions sorry but I hang out at home until it is time to go to the rink for the game......................

I only go downtown for the games as there is no other reason for me to go downtown except for the games.......

@ my age I just do not go downtown very much or anywhere else to be honest as I am slowing down...............

Games tire me out and playoff games even more but God I do love playoff hockey................

"Ski & Sens#83" would be better able to answer your question about what to do in Binghamton. Sorry can't be of more help, enjoy the games..........................

mcnorth

Jun 28, 2011
One thing that Richardson has done for the second half of the year is whenever we score a goal he sends out the Kramer, Hamilton, Cowick line. It's been frightening. I can't count the number of times I'm saying "We're either taking a penalty or getting scored on here". Many times they end up just running around and icing the puck once or twice to settle things down.

My biggest knock on Luke is his in game management. For instance he had the line mentioned above out in the 3rd period of Friday's WB/S game (for the division) vs. their top line with NHL talents Andrew Ebbett and Chuck Kobasew (800 NHL games between them) :shakehead

That sounds like the Sens' system alright. GSN - the Bingo version. ;)

MainDotC

Depth Defenceman
Apr 29, 2007
Westerville, OH
"MainDotC":

Good questions sorry but I hang out at home until it is time to go to the rink for the game......................

I only go downtown for the games as there is no other reason for me to go downtown except for the games.......

@ my age I just do not go downtown very much or anywhere else to be honest as I am slowing down...............

Games tire me out and playoff games even more but God I do love playoff hockey................

"Ski & Sens#83" would be better able to answer your question about what to do in Binghamton. Sorry can't be of more help, enjoy the games..........................

Understood Zeke - I guess that means you're not the guy sitting behind the goal in Section 23 playing his harmonica and spoons.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad