B-Sens Bingo 2014-15 Season thread Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Our farm D is pretty weak.

Just Claesson and Wideman as potential NHLers.

WIKSTRAND is comin over next season so that'll help. Englund too eventually. #BringOnTheSwedes
So is the Canadian Ben Harpur who could be the best of the bunch IMO. #BringontheCanadians

Ski

Calder Cup Champs
Oct 18, 2007
Binghamton, NY
My thoughts surrounding the defense is that the team has a bunch of veterans that don't want to step on each others toes and take the initiative approach in playing defense, as crazy as it may sound.

Friday night's game is a prime example in a loss to Hershey where the defense was standing around waiting for someone else to make a move other then their own in both goals scored upon.

Players like Claesson, Wideman and even Sdao are more suited in their roles that has been defined, leaving others trying to fit in.

That leaves player's like Johnson, Mullen, and Grant living up to their large salaries and failing in their roles all season long.

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
So is the Canadian Ben Harpur who could be the best of the bunch IMO. #BringontheCanadians

Ben harpur could be a very good reason to consider trading Gryba over another dman. Should be same type of player in same bottom pair role. Harpur should be better.

dumbdick

Galactic Defender
May 31, 2008
"Fenix Rises":

I am happy for Hammond and I hope he keeps winning up top.........

Thanks Zeke. Roughly what I expected to hear. I won't crown him our starter yet. Still, I hope we ride him through the stretch regardless.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
My thoughts surrounding the defense is that the team has a bunch of veterans that don't want to step on each others toes and take the initiative approach in playing defense, as crazy as it may sound.

Friday night's game is a prime example in a loss to Hershey where the defense was standing around waiting for someone else to make a move other then their own in both goals scored upon.

Players like Claesson, Wideman and even Sdao are more suited in their roles that has been defined, leaving others trying to fit in.

That leaves player's like Johnson, Mullen, and Grant living up to their large salaries and failing in their roles all season long.

I expect that Johnson & Mullen won't be back next yr, not sure about A. Grant though, I seem to have the impression the organization likes him.

Ben harpur could be a very good reason to consider trading Gryba over another dman. Should be same type of player in same bottom pair role. Harpur should be better.

Except that Harpur is a left shot I believe & Gryba is a right shot. Not sure how important that is, every player is different & not every defenceman can play their wrong side. I too think Harpur will be better than at least three of the defencemen currently playing in Ottawa & everyone in Bingo with the possible exception of Wideman's pts this yr. Not sure Harpur will ever score as many but I think he will be that inbetween guy with some offence & some defence to his game, a better defensive version of Wiercioch & potentially as good offensively. Can't wait to see a number of guys coming to Bingo for next season, hopefully they will really improve the team.

ZekeA

The Pride is Back...
Jan 13, 2009
Where the Cup is
In the few games I have seen, very small sample size, the defence seem to be rather timid. They don't hit, don't clear out the front of the net, there is no one on defence to be feared & don't block all that many shots. They seem to be pretty good in the offensive zone creating a lot of offensive chances but in the defensive zone mostly stick check. Is that a fair assessment Zeke or is there more to it?

"Aragorn":

Add to that just too dam many missed assignments from the circles on in to the goal. Not much a goalie can do about them........

Yes they are timid non hitting bunch...... I prefer 2 big D men who make a forward pay to make a play from behind the net, and who make them pay to try and stand in front of the goal, men that take care of their own end first then worry about going down the other end..........

But I am a dinosaur by today's watered down game.........

Ottawa spent good money on the team down here, but for some reason it did not work out, happens......................

Hockey is a game not an exact science......................

Our job in Binghamton is to develop players for Ottawa that we will continue to do. I love to sit back and watch as the players become professional Hockey players watch them as they improve....

I take pride in that.....................

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
"Aragorn":

Add to that just too dam many missed assignments from the circles on in to the goal. Not much a goalie can do about them........

Yes they are timid non hitting bunch...... I prefer 2 big D men who make a forward pay to make a play from behind the net, and who make them pay to try and stand in front of the goal, men that take care of their own end first then worry about going down the other end..........

But I am a dinosaur by today's watered down game.........

Ottawa spent good money on the team down here, but for some reason it did not work out, happens......................

Hockey is a game not an exact science......................

Our job in Binghamton is to develop players for Ottawa that we will continue to do. I love to sit back and watch as the players become professional Hockey players watch them as they improve....

I take pride in that.....................
That's cool Zeke ... what are your impressions of Matt Puempel, I like him a lot & think he will be an excellent scoring Left Winger in Ottawa. Do you see him as an NHL sniper as well or do you think Prince is the better player & should be in Ottawa first? Have a great day Zeke.

ZekeA

The Pride is Back...
Jan 13, 2009
Where the Cup is
That's cool Zeke ... what are your impressions of Matt Puempel, I like him a lot & think he will be an excellent scoring Left Winger in Ottawa. Do you see him as an NHL sniper as well or do you think Prince is the better player & should be in Ottawa first? Have a great day Zeke.

"Aragorn":

Matt Puempel I think he could become a goal scorer up top, he needs another yr down here to develop a bit more..........

Matt does have the gift of putting the bun in the oven, I think that must be in some players genes or something. The reason he struggled down here this yr was that he lost DaCosta who gave him the puck so he could score. Matt has to have someone pass him the puck he can not go and get it by himself.......... He is a goal scorer so Matt will be given every possible chance to become a NHL goal scorer...............

Prince on the other hand is a more complete player he can dig the puck out and make plays...............

Odd man out perhaps would be Schneider as he is leading Binghamton with 19 goals I wish he could get some games up top, but I have my doubts that he will.......................

Hope all is well Aragorn how is the knee doing??

Last edited:

mianjo

Jan 16, 2009
Bingo 1 v Hartford 0

1. BNG Schneider, (20) (Camper, Rutkowski), 6:58

mianjo

Jan 16, 2009
2-2 with a 1 min to go in 1st

1. BNG Prince, (19) (Mullen, Camper), 15:35

OD99

Oct 13, 2012
Have to say I am going to keep an eye on Dzingel...love his skill and if he can put on a bit of weight and figure out the defensive side of the game he could be a gem.

With the young team we have in Ottawa now his speed would fit right in...another year in the A and I think he might make a push.

Of course I have NO idea where he would fit in...if Puempel or Prince get a spot next year it is hard to imagine how anyone else gets a shot...at some point we need to play guys to see if they are NHL material just so we can trade them away for something.

Philoops

I am Potato
Jul 19, 2011
Canada
Would be interesting to see how Schneider does in the NHL. Might be a good third line scorer, but might be redundant.

saskriders

Can't Hold Leads
Sep 11, 2010
Calgary
Have to say I am going to keep an eye on Dzingel...love his skill and if he can put on a bit of weight and figure out the defensive side of the game he could be a gem.

With the young team we have in Ottawa now his speed would fit right in...another year in the A and I think he might make a push.

Of course I have NO idea where he would fit in...if Puempel or Prince get a spot next year it is hard to imagine how anyone else gets a shot...at some point we need to play guys to see if they are NHL material just so we can trade them away for something.

How many games has he been playing on the LW? He was a centre in college, maybe somewhere down the line he can take Legwand's spot. Regardless the roster can change a lot in a couple years. Wish I had the time to watch more Bingo games.

Boud

Dec 27, 2011

People never take into consideration on what side the defensemen plays. Gryba is part of our only 3 RD on the team. Karlsson and Ceci are the only two other that can play on the right side . On the left we have Methot, Cowen, Borowiecki, Philips, Wiercioch ... That's why it makes no sense to trade Gryba out of all the Dmen we have. He also plays a lot of PK minutes and is a very solid 3rd pairing guy. One of Wier,Cowen is more likely to go if you ask me. In the AHL thoo we have Wideman on the right side, the only way Gryba could be traded would be if Wideman can step up into a 3rd pairing role. You don't want yound inexperienced Dmen (Wier,Cowen,Boro) to play on their opposite side.

OD99

Oct 13, 2012
How many games has he been playing on the LW? He was a centre in college, maybe somewhere down the line he can take Legwand's spot. Regardless the roster can change a lot in a couple years. Wish I had the time to watch more Bingo games.

Sorry I think I was a bit misleading with my post. I believe Dzingel is a C for us but the players I mentioned were more about bodies in general - we have a lot of extra skaters up in Ottawa already and there is no certainty that we can move anyone in the off season. After next year Legwand will be gone, Philips, Neil (most likely) plus Greening, etc...so there will just be more room.

It would be sick if Dzingel can translate his game to the NHL in another year or 2...another late rounder w ho has potential to make an impact.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
"Aragorn":

Matt Puempel I think he could become a goal scorer up top, he needs another yr down here to develop a bit more..........

Matt does have the gift of putting the bun in the oven, I think that must be in some players genes or something. The reason he struggled down here this yr was that he lost DaCosta who gave him the puck so he could score. Matt has to have someone pass him the puck he can not go and get it by himself.......... He is a goal scorer so Matt will be given every possible chance to become a NHL goal scorer...............

Prince on the other hand is a more complete player he can dig the puck out and make plays...............

Odd man out perhaps would be Schneider as he is leading Binghamton with 19 goals I wish he could get some games up top, but I have my doubts that he will.......................

Hope all is well Aragorn how is the knee doing??

Knee has responded well but it took a long time & a lot of hard work in physio & the gym but it's good now. I can't run a 100 yard dash any more but I can walk 18 holes which is really all I was hoping for. All the yrs of playing sports when you are young comes back to haunt you as you get older.

That is my opinion of Puempel too, I'm not sure if either Pageau or Lazar are the playmakers that SDC was which is why I think Ottawa needs a good young big playmaking centre to get Puempel the puck. Maybe in this draft, we'll see.

I thought harpur played on the right side.

He shoots left so I imagine he plays the left side but I forget now from the times I've seen him if he was on the right or left side. Getting older sucks. Of course, a lot of the things we do when we are younger do come back to haunt you later like listening to loud music ... WHAT? I said listening to loud .... never mind.

ZekeA

The Pride is Back...
Jan 13, 2009
Where the Cup is
Binghamton @ Adirondack 03-15-2015 Sunday

After 1st.

Binghamton 2
Adirondack 1

1. BNG Schneider, (21) (Camper, Johnson), 4:33 (PP)
1. ADK Hathaway, (13) (Kulak), 4:41
1. BNG Wideman, (16) (Claesson, Prince), 18:37

mianjo

Jan 16, 2009
Bingo v Adirondack

Bingo 2 Adirondack 1 after 1

1. BNG Schneider, (21) (Camper, Johnson), 4:33 (PP)
1. BNG Wideman, (16) (Claesson, Prince), 18:37

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad