B-Sens Bingo 2014-15 Season thread Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
If prince goes on waivers and gets claimed it means whoever is in Ottawa beat him out or they just had too many 1 way contracts. If Buffalo claims him because they think he's a better player then the guy they subsequently put on waivers, why would the Sens claim an inferior player to the one they lost and be forced to play him in the NHL? They would just keep prince and place somebody else on waivers in that scenario. And if they had no room for him because of contracts how would they have room for the inferior player from Buffalo? In other words, the answer to your other question is no.

Prince plays left wing, Buffalo may place a centre or RW or a defencemen who is not waiver exempt on waivers because they don`t have roster room before they send him to Rochester. They may not have anyone we want either. If it`s not Buffalo Ottawa could go looking around the league to see if they can replace Prince with someone else but I think you are right in that it`s likely not going to happen. While I think Prince will be placed on waivers I don`t think anyone will pick him up off of waivers at that time just after training camp.

While we worry a great deal about our own players every team has good players who may be NHL ready & they simply don`t have room for them on the roster who are not waiver exempt & have to place them on waivers to send them to their farm team after training camp. This happens every yr & it happened when Ottawa placed Hoffman on waivers to send him to Bingo two yrs ago, it`s pretty rare that players are taken off the waiver wire at the beginning of the yr but it`s possible. There are only 23 spots, if every one stays healthy & injuries do sometimes help to keep more players on the roster. It should be interesting to see who stays & who does not this yr.

ZekeA

The Pride is Back...
Jan 13, 2009
Where the Cup is
Grapefruit hockey ☺☻☺

2 Grapefruit games against Rochester announced...
September 2 2015 at 1:49 PM

The Binghamton Senators announced they will play two preseason games against the Rochester Americans: Oct. 1 at the Gene Polisseni Center on the campus of Rochester Institute of Technology and Oct. 3 at 7:05 p.n. at the Floyd L. Maines Veterans Memorial Arena.

The B-Sens will begin their team training camp here in Binghamton on Wednesday, September 30.

Via the Press Sun-Bulletin...............

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
Prince plays left wing, Buffalo may place a centre or RW or a defencemen who is not waiver exempt on waivers because they don`t have roster room before they send him to Rochester. They may not have anyone we want either. If it`s not Buffalo Ottawa could go looking around the league to see if they can replace Prince with someone else but I think you are right in that it`s likely not going to happen. While I think Prince will be placed on waivers I don`t think anyone will pick him up off of waivers at that time just after training camp.

While we worry a great deal about our own players every team has good players who may be NHL ready & they simply don`t have room for them on the roster who are not waiver exempt & have to place them on waivers to send them to their farm team after training camp. This happens every yr & it happened when Ottawa placed Hoffman on waivers to send him to Bingo two yrs ago, it`s pretty rare that players are taken off the waiver wire at the beginning of the yr but it`s possible. There are only 23 spots, if every one stays healthy & injuries do sometimes help to keep more players on the roster. It should be interesting to see who stays & who does not this yr.

Yeah, it has been talked a lot as I can see and people are worried a lot for another small issue, but IMO it's a bit like an unwritten law to not pick up players off waivers at the beginning of the season, unless the club wants to get rid of that player. If I would have to guess, I'd say that GMs call each other to ask the permission to take a player off waivers in that situation. It's a pure guess but the world is all about relations and sometimes you have a GM putting an offer sheet but that's the exception, not the rule. Tim Murray looks like that kind of guy but at the same time, would he do a thing like that to his uncle, the man that got him there? 100% speculation of course but based on common sense.

God Says No

Mar 16, 2012
Yeah, it has been talked a lot as I can see and people are worried a lot for another small issue, but IMO it's a bit like an unwritten law to not pick up players off waivers at the beginning of the season, unless the club wants to get rid of that player. If I would have to guess, I'd say that GMs call each other to ask the permission to take a player off waivers in that situation. It's a pure guess but the world is all about relations and sometimes you have a GM putting an offer sheet but that's the exception, not the rule. Tim Murray looks like that kind of guy but at the same time, would he do a thing like that to his uncle, the man that got him there? 100% speculation of course but based on common sense.

Woah, woah, woah. Hold the phone. We are not allowed to speculate on this board.

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
Binghamton should be very good this year. going to be exciting.

Ski

Calder Cup Champs
Oct 18, 2007
Binghamton, NY
Binghamton should be very good this year. going to be exciting.

I hope you're right but lots of questions to be answered;

- Goaltending is raw with both Driedger and OC unproven at the pro level

- Defense is questionable depending on where Wideman ends up, whether making Ottawa or clearing waivers and how Wikstrand responds in his first season on NA ice

- The loss (at some given point) as both Prince and Puempel will see significant time for the big club

- How well will Dziurzynski bounce back from injury as the remaining tenured player from the 2011 championship team

- If Claesson doesn't get called up how will that effect his ice time for Bingo as the season drags on, as the same can be said about Wideman

- Will Lazar be sent down to work on making him a complete player?

I could go on and on for each player but there are a lot of questions on how well the BSens will be

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->