Prospect Info: Binghamton Devils and ECHL talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
https://www.allaboutthejersey.com/2...st-day-of-training-camp-for-binghamton-devils

Article about Bingo's training camp. Seems like there is a few AHL try-outs:

Defense: Tim Erixon, Desmond Bergin, Tim Boyle
Forwards: Kevin Morris, Tim Kennedy, Pierre-Luc Mercier, Tim Harrison

Boyle is one of Brian Boyle's 375 siblings and Erixon was obviously on an NHL PTO earlier. The rest of the group seems to be ECHL players that might vie for an emergency call-up at some point except for Tim Kennedy. He bounced around on multiple NHL teams a few years ago (Panthers, Sabres, Sharks, Coyotes) and doesn't look to be contracted to a team yet.

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
Devils win 3-1 today over WBS in a preseason tilt in Binghamton.

They open up next Saturday night in Binghamton.

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
Goaltending, do they go with a MBW and Wedge tandom or do they move Wedge and let MBW get the bulk with Appleby the backup?

ek93

Dec 28, 2014
New York
I'm a Sabres fan who followed the B-Sens because they were the hometown team, so I know little-to-nothing about the NJ Devils.

With that being said, can anybody explain to me why Gibbons isn't down here in Bingo?

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
I'm a Sabres fan who followed the B-Sens because they were the hometown team, so I know little-to-nothing about the NJ Devils.

With that being said, can anybody explain to me why Gibbons isn't down here in Bingo?

The most likely explanation is the Devils want another more veteran guy to kill penalties given that Zajac (our best PKer) and Boyle (who was brought in for his experience/defense) aren't going to be ready opening night.

Bratt had a hell of a camp and thus pushed JQ and Blandisi down a peg. With no spots open on the left side in the top nine, it's likely the Devils sent Blandisi and Quenneville back to play more minutes for the time being and left Gibbons up who is better suited for 4LW/PK duties.

Then again, the Devils don't play till Saturday so there is still time to call someone up and send Gibbons down.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E

They don't want our kids to be sitting as the extra forward.

BenedictGomez

Corsi is GROSSLY overrated
Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
Binghamton is a city in upstate NY......

Upstate NY is one of those terms with no definition. You ask 10 people where "upstate NY" starts, and you'll get 8 answers.

Many people would never consider a town 5 miles from the PA border to be "upstate", whereas others will say it's anything a sand wedge north of NYC's border.

markog

Apr 4, 2008
Slovenia
Upstate NY is one of those terms with no definition. You ask 10 people where "upstate NY" starts, and you'll get 8 answers.

Many people would never consider a town 5 miles from the PA border to be "upstate", whereas others will say it's anything a sand wedge north of NYC's border.

Many would never consider a border inside a border lol

Ski

Calder Cup Champs
Oct 18, 2007
Binghamton, NY
Wedgewood will get the nod. Let's see what he brings after only 10 games last season and one awful showing in WBS in a pre-season affair last Friday night.

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
Wedgewood will get the nod. Let's see what he brings after only 10 games last season and one awful showing in WBS in a pre-season affair last Friday night.

I think MBW will take the job at some point this season.

I heard close to a sellout tomorrow in Bingo.
I hope they give the home fans a win.

Reactions: Ski

BenedictGomez

Corsi is GROSSLY overrated
Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
DD, since I consider you a Devils "SuperFan", what do you think about organizing a Saturday night Binghamton Devils trip?

Sort of like those trips where we got 15-30 people to "invade" MSG and the Nassau Dump for Devils/Rangers games some years ago.

Given how Binghamton is "new" and they have a lot of young talent on that squad, I thought there might be some serious interest.

11/11/17 - Toronto Marlies
11/18/17 - Rochester Americans
12/09/17 - Charlotte Checkers
12/16/17 - Belleville Senators

Seriously, this is the most exciting New Jersey Devils AHL squad in about a decade, IMHO. My 2¢.

Reactions: Devils Dominion

Ski

Calder Cup Champs
Oct 18, 2007
Binghamton, NY
I'm more of a twitter guy, and a group known as the @23crazies will be here often in section 15 on Saturdays this season.

Edit: And yes, there were plenty of trips to Binghamton from Ottawa fans in the past.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad