Prospect Info: Binghamton Devils and ECHL talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
Is Quenneville earmarked for the big club or will he begin in Bingo this fall?

Right now the Devils forward group looks something like:

Hall - Zajac - Palmieri
Johansson - Zacha - xxxxx
Henrique - Hischier - xxxxx
xxxxx - Boyle - Noesen

Right now, those three spots are going to be filled by some combination of McLeod, Quenneville, Speers, Blandisi, Wood, or Lappin. There's also a chance of the 4th line and extra forward spots being filled by Coleman or Pietila with an outside shot for Rooney or Thomson.

It's really hard to say at this point of time who goes where because so much is subject to change.

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor

Hall - Zajac - Palmieri
xxxxx - Boyle - Noesen

Right now, those three spots are going to be filled by some combination of McLeod, Quenneville, Speers, Blandisi, Wood, or Lappin. There's also a chance of the 4th line and extra forward spots being filled by Coleman or Pietila with an outside shot for Rooney or Thomson.

It's really hard to say at this point of time who goes where because so much is subject to change.

As much as I think most fans want Wood to spend some time in the AHL to round out his game, the coaches and management seem to value him as an important cog at the NHL level. I think it is very likely that he opens as the LW for Boyle and I'd probably reflect that on your chart. Hopefully someone emerges to push him down to Bingo. If the team could make a strong commitment to player development at the NHL level a kid line might be a good idea. Put Rico with MarJo and let Zacha play with Nico. That still leaves RW wide open though. Based on the way the team is presently constructed there is no perfect solution. You can put a line together with Rico and either Nico or Zacha and play MarJo on RW but that is not ideal. Probably going to be a lot of shuffling of the deck this season on everything but the first and fourth lines.

uncleben

Global Moderator
Dec 4, 2008
Acton, Ontario
Going back a bit to the logos, the wordmark is crazy good, and the shoulder patch is exactly what a shoulder patch should be like.

The primary though... It's way too... literal? I guess is the word I'm looking for

Ski

Calder Cup Champs
Oct 18, 2007
Binghamton, NY

Hall - Zajac - Palmieri
xxxxx - Boyle - Noesen

Thanks. I posted my thoughts at AAtJ on Thursday.

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003

mmazz22

Jan 24, 2010
Yea we were so ready for a change here. Out with Ottawa! It has been awful. Looking forward to our new era.

ZekeA

The Pride is Back...
Jan 13, 2009
Where the Cup is
Have a feeling that Bingo will have issues scoring goals.

"Dominion":

Kind of hard to tell what kind of team the City of Binghamton will have the AHL is harder to predict than the NHL.....

I see so far that Binghamton will NOT be able to play against the Pens, Bears, and Allentown..... The big 3 in the East......

They never are so no surprise in that.... Except for the 2010-2011 team that yr they competed well :).......................

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
Binghamton folks, how are ticket sales looking for your home opener?

Too bad it's scheduled the same day as the NJD home opener which prevents fans like me from NJ to go to your game.
Though, I'll be up there soon enough in October or November.

I'll bet Albany fans are hoping you guys don't draw well. Hope you prove the doubters wrong.

Ski

Calder Cup Champs
Oct 18, 2007
Binghamton, NY
Binghamton folks, how are ticket sales looking for your home opener?

Too bad it's scheduled the same day as the NJD home opener which prevents fans like me from NJ to go to your game.
Though, I'll be up there soon enough in October or November.

I'll bet Albany fans are hoping you guys don't draw well. Hope you prove the doubters wrong.

I don't know about that. Haven't received any flak from the Albany faithful as some have signed on to the new team in Bingo.

Matter of fact as far as ticket sales, it looks to be a sell-out as STH are up almost 80% over last season.

Also, the Binghamton region is ranked #10 in the nation in minor league cities of 219 on a new survey. We were 13th the last time I checked two years ago.

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
I don't know about that. Haven't received any flak from the Albany faithful as some have signed on to the new team in Bingo.

Matter of fact as far as ticket sales, it looks to be a sell-out as STH are up almost 80% over last season.

Also, the Binghamton region is ranked #10 in the nation in minor league cities of 219 on a new survey. We were 13th the last time I checked two years ago.

I hope you guys draw well this season

Lots of seats still available according to the Ticketmaster map though for the opener.

mmazz22

Jan 24, 2010
Last year they sold like 700 tickets the day of the opener. So it stresses the team out big time when people wait to buy tickets.Hard to plan. The advertising push has nt started yet. My rep though is fully planning on a sellout.

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
Last year they sold like 700 tickets the day of the opener. So it stresses the team out big time when people wait to buy tickets.Hard to plan. The advertising push has nt started yet. My rep though is fully planning on a sellout.

Got it. Spread the word around town and through social media.

If NJD were not home that day I would have made the trip to Bingo.

ZekeA

The Pride is Back...
Jan 13, 2009
Where the Cup is
Got it. Spread the word around town and through social media.

If NJD were not home that day I would have made the trip to Bingo.

"Dominion":

In the United States, Bingo is a game of chance in which each player matches numbers pre-printed in different arrangements on 5×5 cards with the numbers the game host draws at random, marking the selected numbers with tiles..................

I am sure IF you are looking for the game of chance "Bingo" you could find a game close to your location!!!!!!

Binghamton
is a city in upstate NY...... Who @ the present time is a member of the American Hockey League....... Binghamton @ this time is affiliated with New Jersey......

Unknown Caller

Apr 30, 2009
"Dominion":

In the United States, Bingo is a game of chance in which each player matches numbers pre-printed in different arrangements on 5×5 cards with the numbers the game host draws at random, marking the selected numbers with tiles..................

I am sure IF you are looking for the game of chance "Bingo" you could find a game close to your location!!!!!!

Binghamton
is a city in upstate NY...... Who @ the present time is a member of the American Hockey League....... Binghamton @ this time is affiliated with New Jersey......

Bingo is a common nickname for Binghamton. Thanks for the lesson though, Webster.

Reactions: Jamie Parrillo
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad