Prospect Info: Binghamton Devils and ECHL talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nubmer6

Sleep is a poor substitute for caffeine
Sponsor
Jul 14, 2013
The Village
Hmm... Jeff Ulmer, the Binghampton Devils writer on AAtJ named his column "Bingo Bites". Guess not everyone there takes offense to the nickname.

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
Hmm... Jeff Ulmer, the Binghampton Devils writer on AAtJ named his column "Bingo Bites". Guess not everyone there takes offense to the nickname.

People have called it Bingo as far back as I can remember.

It sure beats "Binghampton"

ZekeA

The Pride is Back...
Jan 13, 2009
Where the Cup is
I admire your commitment to write out everyone's name like that and bold it... even when you're quoting the post anyways. :laugh:

"Zippy#316":

Just the way I prefer to write my reply is all only takes another minute to do that.....

Also note I am not the best at spelling or typing at my age but I like to think my content is good in my posts...........

I like to kid around a bit sometimes in my posts......

Nubmer6

Sleep is a poor substitute for caffeine
Sponsor
Jul 14, 2013
The Village
Well, on the other hand, my personal preference is that I wouldn't want to use a term that offends someone else here.

Ski

Calder Cup Champs
Oct 18, 2007
Binghamton, NY
Well, on the other hand, my personal preference is that I wouldn't want to use a term that offends someone else here.

You're not offending anyone. I've used Bingo as a reference for many years. Don't listen to Zeke.

However using a 'p' is a totally different story..

ZekeA

The Pride is Back...
Jan 13, 2009
Where the Cup is
You're not offending anyone. I've used Bingo as a reference for many years. Don't listen to Zeke.

However using a 'p' is a totally different story..

"Ski":

It has always bugged me but that seems to not bother you, as per your quote "don't listen to Zeke"

So must be you think very little of me so be it..................

ZekeA

The Pride is Back...
Jan 13, 2009
Where the Cup is
Oh Zeke stop. I'm just messing with you. :cheers:

Ski in the dog days of hockey in August I have to kid around to keep what little sanity I have left...... As I have always respected your opinions here and else ware..... Respect yes always agree with no.......

These new guys from Jersey must think I am a real nutter..........

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
Ski in the dog days of hockey in August I have to kid around to keep what little sanity I have left...... As I have always respected your opinions here and else ware..... Respect yes always agree with no.......

These new guys from Jersey must think I am a real nutter..........

You'll come to find most of us are, so you'll fit right in.

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
What does Binghamton's predicted roster depth look like right now?

Before I get the obligatory "this guy won't be in the AHL reaction", you can assume that first line will have some combination of Wood, Quenneville, Blandisi, Coleman, Speers, or Lappin depending on who doesn't make the NHL team.

Quenneville - Coleman - Speers
Pietila - Gignac - Bastian*
Thomson - Gibbons - Cangelosi
Kujawinski - Rooney - Kearns
Baddock

MacDonald - Loov
Kapla - Jacobs
Strait - White
Dyblenko

* -- Bastian may go back to the OHL

HersheyBob27

Apr 5, 2014
Canada
Before I get the obligatory "this guy won't be in the AHL reaction", you can assume that first line will have some combination of Wood, Quenneville, Blandisi, Coleman, Speers, or Lappin depending on who doesn't make the NHL team.

Quenneville - Coleman - Speers
Pietila - Gignac - Bastian*
Thomson - Gibbons - Cangelosi
Kujawinski - Rooney - Kearns
Baddock

MacDonald - Loov
Kapla - Jacobs
Strait - White
Dyblenko

* -- Bastian may go back to the OHL
Looks pretty good . Maybe put Bastian at centre and send Gignac back to the Q

Triumph

Oct 2, 2007
I'm holding off on Albany roster guesses until we learn what happens with the August 15 FAs.

HersheyBob27

Apr 5, 2014
Canada
Think the Devils will be better off developing Bastian as a RW considering their lack of depth there and the depth at center.

I think you develop each prospect according to their individual strengths. You can never have enough centres and wingers are a dime a dozen. I had noticed that Nate played centre in the scrimmage and I suspect that is where they see him best

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
I'm holding off on Albany roster guesses until we learn what happens with the August 15 FAs.

It was moreso just listing the extra NHL deals and AHL deals.

I'd have to imagine the Devils will be signing a few more guys considering we're only at 42 (43 if you consider Severson). The forward group seems a bit shallow right now and that's with Bastian and Gignac who aren't a guarantee to be in Albany.

Blaine Byron would make sense. The Devils RD depth is very shallow as well, I wouldn't be surprised to see them sign Clifton if they miss out on Butcher. I think both would be overkill as we would have a lot of AHL D.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad