Prospect Info: Binghamton Devils and ECHL talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
Highlights of last night's 4-1 Devils win over Bridgeport (NYb).
http://ahl.neulion.com/ahl/video/bridgeport-sound-tigers-vs-albany-devils/16772

1)Nice snipe Q. A bit of an oddity that his shooting % is below 9%, his shot is supposed to be a strength. The breakaway later was a nice save by Halak, but Q had him flopping bad, Halak bounced his own head off the ice making that save.

2)Jacobs assist was actually him leading an odd man rush dishing off and then driving to the net. Is that indicative of the type of game he could possibly play? Does he often look to skate the puck up ice? Whichever, on this play, it was good to see.

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
In the brief moments of games I've seen, Jacobs has been very aggressive but in like an assertive way. Sometimes gets beat but he's looking more and more confident as the games go on.

I'd say he's more of all-around defender. Not really great at anything. Not terrible at anything either.

Billdo

Oct 28, 2008
Ocean County
In the brief moments of games I've seen, Jacobs has been very aggressive but in like an assertive way. Sometimes gets beat but he's looking more and more confident as the games go on.

I'd say he's more of all-around defender. Not really great at anything. Not terrible at anything either.

So like a current Merrill?

Bookker

Sep 17, 2010
No news about Auvitu since 2-3 games :sarcasm:
Not even in the lineup in AHL ? Injury or something ?

Jason MacIsaac

Jan 13, 2004
Halifax, NS
When I heard a defensmen resembles a 5/6 defensmen in the NHL while playing in the AHL, it makes me think he won't ever sniff the NHL. Jacob's should be an after thought.

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
When I heard a defensmen resembles a 5/6 defensmen in the NHL while playing in the AHL, it makes me think he won't ever sniff the NHL. Jacob's should be an after thought.

It's a worthy gamble for the length of his ELC. Probably a better chance he tops out like Burlon/Scarlett, but on the off chance he keeps improving, he could be bottom-pairing defender.

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010

I don't think anyone is expecting big things at this point, but he is a 21 yr old 2nd rnd pick playing in Albany. So when a highlight is posted where he is leading the rush, I think it's worth commenting on.

Billdo

Oct 28, 2008
Ocean County
Hopefully Merrill will be our new Fayne.

I think he already is. Steady play, nothing too great but no glaring issues at this point. Seems to finally have turned the page, which is nice. He was on a track to being out I think but his play of late has seemingly earned him a larger role.

Jason MacIsaac

Jan 13, 2004
Halifax, NS
What a roster up front Albany may have. Depending if Kelleher or Kerfoot can join for playoffs.

Joseph Blandisi - Pavel Zacha - Tyler Kelleher
John Quenneville - Carter Camper - Nick Lappin
Miles Wood - Alex Kerfoot - Blake Coleman
Blake Pietila - Kevin Rooney - Ben Sexton
Brian Gibbons/Rod Pelley/Ryan Kujawinski/Shane Harper

Man oh man, if I had my way Miles Wood would barely make this roster in the playoffs.

Mar 15, 2011
NJ
What a roster up front Albany may have. Depending if Kelleher or Kerfoot can join for playoffs.

Joseph Blandisi - Pavel Zacha - Tyler Kelleher
John Quenneville - Carter Camper - Nick Lappin
Miles Wood - Alex Kerfoot - Blake Coleman
Blake Pietila - Kevin Rooney - Ben Sexton
Brian Gibbons/Rod Pelley/Ryan Kujawinski/Shane Harper

Man oh man, if I had my way Miles Wood would barely make this roster in the playoffs.

Would they be eligible for the playoffs?

Jason MacIsaac

Jan 13, 2004
Halifax, NS
Would they be eligible for the playoffs?
On a PTO I believe, I'm not sure if they can play in the playoffs on a PTO.

Kelleher's season translates to 47 points in 40 games
Kerfoot's season translates to 24 points in 31 games

If we could convince Joey Anderson to sign early and play in the AHL...
Anderson's season translates to 27 points in 33 games...at the age of 18

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
Albany loses in OT tonight

They need to get some players back from NJ to get into the playoffs IMO

Mac Black stops 28 of 29.

MacDonald with another goal and 6 sog's. 6 goals 8 assists 49 sog's in 22 games. If Albany was not so drained of fwd talent those assists #'s could be better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad