Confirmed with Link: Bill Peters next head coach for Calgary

Aug 3, 2010
I like the way he speaks and projects himself. While Peters was not my first choice, he wasn't my last choice, either - as a fan, we can only hope for the best.

As I mentioned in another thread, I am very interested in who the leading candidates for associate coaches will be.

Also, he sort of looks like Burke from his Canucks years:

vancouver-canucks-general-manageer-brian-burke-said-it-was-outrageous-picture-id161013284

JPeeper

Hail Satan!
Jan 4, 2015
Mentioned how Nik Lidstrom took Bill's side over Babcock's for how to play.

It's over, we gon win the Cup son.

Reactions: InfinityIggy

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
"We want to play quick"

Thank god. I said before that Hartley and Gully were on opposite ends of the spectrum and we needed a guy nearer to Hartley's, that was more responsible. Peters sounds like he might be it based on first impressions

JurassicTunga

it is what it is
Mar 21, 2010
we want to play with speed, we want to attack. play quick, play hard. - Bill Peters

Love it.

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
Peters said all the right things, and that's exciting. Can't wait for the season to start again.
The omission of Stone in his review of the defence definitely gets the mind working. I do really think that he's on his last legs in Calgary.

Funny he mentioned nothing of the bottom 6 minus Jankowski and Brouwer. They have to try and recoup something out of Brouwer this year; and I'll be interested in seeing what happens with Janko.

I'm fine with the hire now, I think it's on Tre now to revamp the bottom 6 and get us a scorer.

Reactions: Johnny Hoxville

FlamerForLife

Mon Seanahan
May 22, 2015
Calgary
Mentioned all the d-men except Stone (who was at the presser)
said Troy will get a chance to succeed
said Ritter is gonna be better next season
He's gonna reach out to all the goalies in the organization and let them know nothing like the Eddie Lack incident will happen here.
Likes to keep things in pairs rather than lines (mentioned he will keep Johnny & Mony together)
Said many times that they're gonna hire a good staff, wants teachers not just coaches
Everything he said makes me excited to have him on board, just hope it translates out on the ice.

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
Definitely sounded like they prefer Rittich over Gillies for the time being

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
Mentioned all the d-men except Stone (who was at the presser)
said Troy will get a chance to succeed
said Ritter is gonna be better next season
He's gonna reach out to all the goalies in the organization and let them know nothing like the Eddie Lack incident will happen here.
Likes to keep things in pairs rather than lines (mentioned he will keep Johnny & Mony together)
Said many times that they're gonna hire a good staff, wants teachers not just coaches
Everything he said makes me excited to have him on board, just hope it translates out on the ice.

Now just another 5+ months to get rolling again :laugh:

Reactions: Cyrano

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
Definitely sounded like they prefer Rittich over Gillies for the time being

Rittich impressed at one point of the season. Gillies really didn't unfortunately.

Neither guy gives me much confidence if they lose Smith long term again.

Reactions: Karri Ramone

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Peters said all the right things, and that's exciting. Can't wait for the season to start again.
The omission of Stone in his review of the defence definitely gets the mind working. I do really think that he's on his last legs in Calgary.

Funny he mentioned nothing of the bottom 6 minus Jankowski and Brouwer. They have to try and recoup something out of Brouwer this year; and I'll be interested in seeing what happens with Janko.

I'm fine with the hire now, I think it's on Tre now to revamp the bottom 6 and get us a scorer.
He mentioned Brouwer, right after the top 5. I don't remember him mentioning Ferland either. But I wouldn't put too much stock into him mentioning or not mentioning someone other than they popped into his head.

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
He mentioned Brouwer, right after the top 5. I don't remember him mentioning Ferland either. But I wouldn't put too much stock into him mentioning or not mentioning someone other than they popped into his head.

Yeah. That's why I said he only mentioned Janko and Brouwer of the bottom 6.
Stone's the only thing that makes you wonder. The guy's in attendance; and he's mentioning a rookie before him :laugh:

I don't even hate Stone, I like him actually, but I think they need to make room on that group for Rasmus.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Yeah. That's why I said he only mentioned Janko and Brouwer of the bottom 6.
Stone's the only thing that makes you wonder. The guy's in attendance; and he's mentioning a rookie before him :laugh:

I don't even hate Stone, I like him actually, but I think they need to make room on that group for Rasmus.
I misread it, I thought you said the only two he didn't mention :laugh:

JPeeper

Hail Satan!
Jan 4, 2015
I think if Peters sees the potential in Rasmus (as he mentioned that people were raving about him), there is no doubt he'll play him and develop him properly and play him over Stone. Sounds like a guy that wants to get the most of his players and for them to grow, which Gully seemingly never wanted, "play veterans who suck, *cough* Brouwer, Stone, Bart, Stajan *cough*

Unlimited Chequing

Christian Yellow
Jan 29, 2009
Calgary, Alberta

Yeah, he prefaced the scrum by saying he knew he was going to forget names so don't look into it too much if he left anyone out.

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
Congratulations and welcome to him. Really think he'll be a good fit here.

Also very interested in who they're looking at for associates, having a respectable PP is so crucial in this league.

Excited to see what he can get out of Brodie and Bennett, two players that flourished under Hartley and largely struggled under Gulutzan. If the Flames want to be successful they need to see more out of these two players.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $340.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Bologna vs Udinese
    Bologna vs Udinese
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $365.00