Confirmed with Link: Bill Peters next head coach for Calgary

SmellOfVictory

Jun 3, 2011
Wow-GIF.gif

Ace Rimmer

Stoke me a clipper.
Former player on Bill Peters: ‘He’s intense. All the time, he’s intense’

“He’s intense. All the time, he’s intense,” said former NHL defenceman John-Michael Liles, who called Peters his boss for two campaigns with the Carolina Hurricanes. “I mean, it’s 7 a.m. and you’re walking into the rink and you haven’t had any coffee yet, and he’s intense. That was one of the things you really learn early on.

Despite expletive laden rants and stick throwing, that's not something I'd associate with GG.

“(Peters) wants you skating. He wants defencemen getting involved in the rush. He’s very detail-oriented. I just thought he was a really, really good coach.”
Good.

Reactions: Janks and Signature

viper0220

Oct 10, 2008
Hopefully Peters has both Hartley and GG, tough SOB, strong motivator and a X's and O's guys.

I really want tough questions asked at the presser but it won't happen.

Best of luck to Peters.

wasunder

Aug 21, 2014
I'm not overly excited about it, but I think he deserves a chance. Hopefully he can take this team over the hump to a consistent playoff team.

It seems strange to me though, it seems Treliving was going to hire Peters without even considering anyone else. It would have been nice to see if any coaches shook loose in the playoffs.

Seems to go against BT's patience approach to everything

Reactions: Karri Ramone

Calculon

unholy acting talent
Jan 20, 2006
Error 503
As expected. Now we'll get to see what kind of coach Peters really is, as in. were some of things he did in Carolina a product of the team he had or simply his preferred tactics.

He does seem to like his skating defencemen though, which bodes well for Hamilton, Brodie, Kulak and Kylington. Can't see Treliving moving any of his top four guys now; just maybe Stone to get some picks back and open up a spot for Andersson.

Lunatik

Normal is an illusion.
Oct 12, 2012
Padded Room
I'm not overly excited about it, but I think he deserves a chance. Hopefully he can take this team over the hump to a consistent playoff team.

It seems strange to me though, it seems Treliving was going to hire Peters without even considering anyone else. It would have been nice to see if any coaches shook loose in the playoffs.

Seems to go against BT's patience approach to everything
How do you know that no one else was considered? All the information is known about these guys already, we've known for months that Gulutzan was done after the season, you don't think Treliving knew it too? The guy is known for his due diligence, just because he wasn't conducting a dozen interviews doesn't mean no one else was considered.

JPeeper

Hail Satan!
Jan 4, 2015
Presser is live right now FYI.

I think Peters takes our defensive group and prospects to the next level.

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
I'm excited at the prospect of the having our D more active again.

Peters says they're gonna take their time hiring assistants

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
Thing is, Peters coaches the game that Treliving likes to play and he’s not a kitty cat around the guys. I think this is gonna be a really good hire.

Reactions: Savoie16

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->