Biggest Steals on Draft Day 2006

Burke's Evil Spirit

Oct 29, 2002
San Francisco
He has the potential to be a top pairing guy, so saying #1 isn't a huge stretch, but it's a stretch nonetheless.

Well, how good of a #1? Kurt Sauer could be a top pairing guy...if the other 5 guys suck badly enough. If Leopold becomes the #1 defenseman in Colorado, it's because Skrastins has retird and Liles was traded away.

He's never going to be a Niedermayer. He's not even going to be a Housley or Leetch.

If he becomes a #1, he'll be a very, very average #1.

Stealth JD

Don't condescend me, man.
Sponsor
Jan 16, 2006
Bonita Springs, FL
Of course, the fact that your favorite team drafted him has nothing to do with it. No, thats not it at all.

Oh i'm sorry....i didn't realize that the home-team was incapable of selecting 'steals'...

if i had chosen Junland simply because the Blues had selected him, why too then did i not include McCollem, Sackrison, Hellstrom or Berra?

are you just naturally a ****, or do you simply play one on the internet?

Last edited:

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
Well, how good of a #1? Kurt Sauer could be a top pairing guy...if the other 5 guys suck badly enough. If Leopold becomes the #1 defenseman in Colorado, it's because Skrastins has retird and Liles was traded away.

He's never going to be a Niedermayer. He's not even going to be a Housley or Leetch.

If he becomes a #1, he'll be a very, very average #1.

Jordan Leopold is a better defenseman than either Skrastins or Liles. He had a bummer year last season offensively but was a rock in his own zone. I look for him to have a big year, likely in the top pairing. He'll no doubt get key minutes on the PP and PK as well.

MrMastodonFarm*

Jul 5, 2004
Jordan Leopold is a better defenseman than either Skrastins or Liles. He had a bummer year last season offensively but was a rock in his own zone. I look for him to have a big year, likely in the top pairing. He'll no doubt get key minutes on the PP and PK as well.

Fully agreed with that.

The potential to put up points with Liles is very big. Wouldn't suprise me to see him get 40-45 next season on the Aves.

That being said the Flames already have two guys capable of 40+ points in Hamrlik and Phaneuf and we needed 75+ on our forward lines, but the Av's got a good player.

Chaos

And the winner is...
Sep 2, 2003
TX
Oh i'm sorry....i didn't realize that the home-team was incapable of selecting 'steals'...
Didn't say that. All Im saying is that its ridiculous at this point to be saying that someone is certainly a steal, when they haven't played a single game that means anything since being drafted. Now, if he gets off to a great start in the SEL, then maybe you can make the claim that he's a steal.

Jackmans Domain said:
are you just naturally a ****, or do you simply play one on the internet?
Breaking out the personal attacks sure do help.

HFNHL Canadiens

Aug 12, 2004
Guelph
David Kveton to the Rangers could potentially be a steal IMO, He outscored Frolik and tied Tlutys numbers in the same Czech League. Had good international tourneys aswell, He is a slick shifty player with good offensive abiltys the knock on him is that he is kinda soft, He is playing in the Q next year.

Alexander Bumagin is annother potential steal, He was eligible last year and got passed up, this year he scored 23 pts in the RSL, some food for thought, Alexander Semin scored 19pts and is a highly regarded prospect.

WisconsinDuck

Nov 17, 2005
Wisconsin
Williams could be the biggest steal in the entire draft at #51. Boom or Bust, but could end being very good.

Derick Lapoint is a potential steal too. Few people know who he is, but he goes to college next season and could be a really good pick for a 4th rounder.
I got to see him play.:yo:

Jason MacIsaac

Jan 13, 2004
Halifax, NS
Zharkov to New Jersey I like a little better then Vasyunov. Zharkov is one hell of a skater and has some great skills to boot. This years Lisin only in the 3rd round.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad