GDT: big strong western studs ravage weak hockey boys from carolina, dozens of voyeurs watch

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
Think about the '06 season and the year after. Previous seasons have no real effect on the current season. I'm not going to go all doom and gloom 22 games into the season with the playoffs still very well in reach. Save that for the Buffalo and Arizona fans who have no chance at the playoffs

When it comes to fan's outlooks (which is what we are discussing here), they most certainly do have an effect on how fans view the current season, particularly when some of the same issues are present. And the attendance numbers clearly reflect the effect it has on fans.

I'm not suggesting that you be all gloom and doom, I'm simply stating that it's completely understandable for another fan to be pessimistic or somewhat disengaged at this point in time.

Last edited:

geehaad

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2006
Spare me, junior. You joined this board fifteen minutes ago. I've given literally tens of thousands of dollars of my own money to this team over the past decade when a bunch of wiser people have stayed the **** away. I think I've more than earned the right to look at this team realistically.

I'm not "done with this team". If they want to prove they're for real, they can do it by going out and winning a long string of games. You know, like actual playoff teams do. LIKE THE ****ING VEGAS GOLDEN KNIGHTS DID.

Until then, the facts are: not currently in playoff position, negative goal differential, second cheapest team in the league, bad goaltending.

If you want to be impressed by their recent 1-2-0 record, good for you.
While watching the game yesterday, I had the volume down low while my wife worked in an adjoining room. After a while, she asked how the game was going, I said "they're up 3-2". She said "oh. there hasn't been a lot of 'WOO'ing going on in there..." I said "yeah. tough to be excited about these guys."

Jun 21, 2016
Latvia
While watching the game yesterday, I had the volume down low while my wife worked in an adjoining room. After a while, she asked how the game was going, I said "they're up 3-2". She said "oh. there hasn't been a lot of 'WOO'ing going on in there..." I said "yeah. tough to be excited about these guys."
my - "YESSSSSSS!!!" after Turbo goal was pretty loud in the end

the halleJOKEL

strong as brickwall
Jul 21, 2006
twitter.com
i saw victor rask at a grocery store in north hills yesterday. i told him how cool it was to meet him in person, but i didn’t want to be a douche and bother him and ask him for photos or anything.

he said, “oh, like you’re doing now?”

i was taken aback, and all I could say was “huh?” but he kept cutting me off and going “huh? huh? huh?” and closing his hand shut in front of my face. i walked away and continued with my shopping, and i heard him chuckle as i walked off. when i came to pay for my stuff up front i saw him trying to walk out the doors with like fifteen milky ways in his hands without paying.

the girl at the counter was very nice about it and professional, and was like “sir, you need to pay for those first.” at first he kept pretending to be tired and not hear her, but eventually turned back around and brought them to the counter.
when she took one of the bars and started scanning it multiple times, he stopped her and told her to scan them each individually “to prevent any electrical infetterence,” and then turned around and winked at me. i don’t even think that’s a word. after she scanned each bar and put them in a bag and started to say the price, he kept interrupting her by yawning really loudly.

Navin R Slavin

Fifth line center
Jan 1, 2011
Durrm NC
i saw victor rask at a grocery store in north hills yesterday. i told him how cool it was to meet him in person, but i didn’t want to be a *****e and bother him and ask him for photos or anything.

i was taken aback, and all I could say was “huh?” but he kept cutting me off and going “huh? huh? huh?” and closing his hand shut in front of my face. i walked away and continued with my shopping, and i heard him chuckle as i walked off. when i came to pay for my stuff up front i saw him trying to walk out the doors with like fifteen milky ways in his hands without paying.

the girl at the counter was very nice about it and professional, and was like “sir, you need to pay for those first.” at first he kept pretending to be tired and not hear her, but eventually turned back around and brought them to the counter.
when she took one of the bars and started scanning it multiple times, he stopped her and told her to scan them each individually “to prevent any electrical infetterence,” and then turned around and winked at me. i don’t even think that’s a word. after she scanned each bar and put them in a bag and started to say the price, he kept interrupting her by yawning really loudly.

Is this some kind of super meta fanfic or did this actually happen?

I just don't know anymore, man.

Hulkacaniac

You MUST
Jun 4, 2015
NC
i saw victor rask at a grocery store in north hills yesterday. i told him how cool it was to meet him in person, but i didn’t want to be a *****e and bother him and ask him for photos or anything.

That's crazy! The exact same thing happened to me

The Faulker 27

Nov 15, 2011
Sauna-Aho

I get the same comments from my wife. I'm not watching all the games anymore, or reviewing the highlights twice after a win like I used to. I'm still there, just not as invested. Whereas last year at this time, I think I was still very much invested. I've attended games, and followed this team since there stint at the Greensboro Coliseum. I've never been a season ticket holder, mainly because I don't live in Raleigh, but I've spent plenty of money over 20 years going to games, buying merchandise, etc etc. I'm not doom and glooming, just not as hopeful as I thought I'd be. Of course that can change for any of us with a significant win streak. If I had to pinpoint one thing personally, I think I let myself get too hopeful that the goal tending would finally be something other than a notch above crap.

Lempo

Recovering Future Considerations Truther
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
I get complained by the wife about the lack of wooing too.

Roboturner913

Jul 3, 2012
I met, courted, married and had two kids with my wife since the last time the Hurricanes made the playoffs. She was not into hockey at all before then and has never known the canes not to suck.

I posted a while back all the things that have happened to me since then. It was shocking

Since the last time the Canes made the playoffs I have lived in 3 different states, had 3 different cars, had 4 different jobs, gotten married, had two kids, changed religious affiliation, lost my father-in-law and two other family members, bought a house, lost most of my hair, learned to play the guitar, learned to manage my chronic depression, and migrated from one side of the political spectrum to the other.

That's a lot of ****

add one kid, one car, one dead homey

Jun 21, 2016
Latvia

wait it wasnt victor rask it was scott darling sorry

Seems legit, I had the same encounter with Darling in my local store while I was buying cake.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad